IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@9:45 ET/6:45(PT)-Golovkin vs. Macklin-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Cshel86
post Jun 29 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #61

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 30 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Not missing much, just the usual HBO rhetoric

"Bullshit" rhetoric...there...I fixed it for you...well, for everybody. Lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 29 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #62

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

First Fight- was Willie nelson supposed to be a prospect?! He's lucky he didn't fall when he was getting rocked, wasn't fighting tall at all. His trainer was swearing more than i was. I was waiting for Cuello to get him with a lead left hook or right uppercut left hook. Nelson will be a KO highlight for someone very soon.

Second Fight- Best fight I've seen in awhile, both fighters were great and I'm glad they called it a draw. Tall White dude actually utilized his height and reach and was able to get him the second half of the fight, I was loving that left straight and left uppercut. Gonzalez was taking it over the first half but it seemed like he just got tired and turned it down just alittle bit and thats why White boy was able to adjust and catch up. Both were fast, strong, smart boxers, and would adjust. It was a great boxing match and fight of the year candidate for me. You don't see so many skilled fights like that............. Virgil hunter has that wisdom!

Third Fight- GGG is too beast, he's a pressure power puncher and will still outbox his opponent. On top of that punches dont seem to phase him, I can't see anyone 154-168 beating him, maybe just Ward and I still wouldn't bet any money it.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Jun 30 2013, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 29 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #63

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 29 2013, 10:54 PM) *
GGG vs Quillen has to happen next. Serge is down until next year. Quillen will challenge this guy. Macklin wasn't shit and was built up by the network to be shit. GGG still not challenged by a young talented MW. Bring in Quillen...

that or the winner of geale/barker

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jun 30 2013, 01:42 AM
Post #64

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I'll bet you Borat won't be making any more movies, because them Kazakh motherfuckers can fight like hell.

This is insane. At 31, GGG is at his very peak.

Always watch a fighter's feet. It tells you how well coordinated a fighter is, and how quickly they're able to transition between offense and defense. GGG's foot speed is definitely quick. I'd say they're as quick as they need to be, for a fighter who has a textbook technique and a great chin.

I seriously doubt that Sergio wants anything to do with GGG. The precise, straight punches, good technique and good defense will give Maravilla nightmares. We've seen Sergio go down against lesser fighters. I honestly believe GGG would stop him, if he didn't outright KO the guy.

Unfortunately for GGG, he will now become a victim of his own brilliance. Who can beat this guy ?

Felix Sturm won't leave Germany. Even if GGG goes there, they won't need the judges because Sturm will get put to sleep.

Ditto for Martin Murray. He won't take the fight though, because he's just coming off of a loss.

Daniel Geale ? Now this is a fight that would be fun to watch. Well, it would be fun to predict what round Geale goes lullabye baby (random New Jack City reference). Any fighter who's idea of defense is to put your hands in front of your face and move back in a straight line ain't 'bout that "hit and don't get hit" life.

So that leaves little Peter Quillen. Kid Chocolate has some skills and a nice right hand. I think this fight is a little difficult to call, although at this point, I'm leaning GGG.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 30 2013, 04:27 AM
Post #65

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Good fights!

First fight was fairly judged.

I thought Gonzalez got robbed in fight#2. I gave him all but two rounds just as one of the judges did.

Golovkin is destined to be a great fighter. But no one will fight him. I think the only one who gives him a shot at losing is going to be somebody like Ward. But even Ward could get put to sleep if he gets hit like Triple G hits!

I would like to see how well Triple G would fair against someone like Hopkins. With a world of experiance and who knows all the tricks. Triple G wins, but Hopkins I think would give him things to think about. No one on the up and up competes with him. Martinez puts up a good effort, but gets KO'd. Triple G is tons better than Martin Murry and Murry gave Martinez the fight of his life.

Jack

+Quote Post
Tray1201
post Jun 30 2013, 04:39 AM
Post #66

Amateur

Member No.: 13,944

Triple G great fkn body shot ..Andre ward next ?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 30 2013, 10:25 AM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jun 30 2013, 02:42 AM) *
I'll bet you Borat won't be making any more movies, because them Kazakh motherfuckers can fight like hell.

This is insane. At 31, GGG is at his very peak.

Always watch a fighter's feet. It tells you how well coordinated a fighter is, and how quickly they're able to transition between offense and defense. GGG's foot speed is definitely quick. I'd say they're as quick as they need to be, for a fighter who has a textbook technique and a great chin.

I seriously doubt that Sergio wants anything to do with GGG. The precise, straight punches, good technique and good defense will give Maravilla nightmares. We've seen Sergio go down against lesser fighters. I honestly believe GGG would stop him, if he didn't outright KO the guy.

Unfortunately for GGG, he will now become a victim of his own brilliance. Who can beat this guy ?

Felix Sturm won't leave Germany. Even if GGG goes there, they won't need the judges because Sturm will get put to sleep.

Ditto for Martin Murray. He won't take the fight though, because he's just coming off of a loss.

Daniel Geale ? Now this is a fight that would be fun to watch. Well, it would be fun to predict what round Geale goes lullabye baby (random New Jack City reference). Any fighter who's idea of defense is to put your hands in front of your face and move back in a straight line ain't 'bout that "hit and don't get hit" life.

So that leaves little Peter Quillen. Kid Chocolate has some skills and a nice right hand. I think this fight is a little difficult to call, although at this point, I'm leaning GGG.

Out of everyone you named, I believe it will be easier to sucker Murray into a GGG fight. Hence how I said "sucker", because I'm not sure if you have many brain cells to rub together, if you decide to fight this dude.

All they have to do is convince him that if he's good enough to beat Martinez, then he's good enough to beat GGG...since most unqualified observers are holding on to the theory that Sergio can beat GGG.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jun 30 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #68

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I would be really excited for Murray vs GGG. Murray has good power and good defense, would end up being a great fight. After he beats the guy who was robbed by Martinez, it will probably make Martinez not come back to 160. Instead try to get a $$ fight with Cotto and either Canelo or Mayweather.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jun 30 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #69

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

That KO GGG was intense! Right to the side of the body! The way Macklin went down was insane. The look on his face reminded me when Hopkins delivered that liver shot to Oscar. GGG is starting to make a me a believer. I did notice he bruises fairly easy. I wonder what is next for him? Someone mentioned Quillen, I would rather see he and Sergio go at it.

HBO commentary is getting worse. I noticed when Ward was starting to think for himself Jim Lampley would try to will him back in. Max Kellerman again should be shot. He thinks he knows more than the fighter and the trainer.

Virgil Hunter had to be a pimp in his former life, that voice is something else.

Gonzalez got robbed! That Tommy whatever his last name is lost! I think he knew it. Those scores were awful.

Nelson needs lots of work. He needs to listen to his corner because he kept getting caught by the hook. (that was a rap lyric in case yawl didn't know).

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jun 30 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #70

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 29 2013, 10:54 PM) *
GGG vs Quillen has to happen next. Serge is down until next year. Quillen will challenge this guy. Macklin wasn't shit and was built up by the network to be shit. GGG still not challenged by a young talented MW. Bring in Quillen...

Macklin should've posed a greater challenge than GGG's previous opponents though. He certainly isn't a class-a bum. To be honest, I don't see anyone at MW right now giving this guy problems. To me, Golovkin showed that his power hurts bigger guys as well as smaller guys. No weight advantage last night.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:07 PM