IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG Wants Mayweather:, May is turning into the ho everyone wants to sex..
checkleft
post Jul 1 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 04:48 PM) *
if floyd beats canelo as convincingly as i think he will....people are going to be screaming for ggg vs mayweather.

while i don't believe either guy needs the fight, floyd beating someone like ggg would solidify him as one of the best ever.

LOL what?!? Who is ggg to solidify Floyd? Haha I'm sorry pro, but I'm across from you on this. Maybe at 160 but ggg said 154 and even that's a stretch.

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jul 1 2013, 05:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 1 2013, 06:08 PM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jun 30 2013, 11:33 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-maywea...nt-fight--67178

I don't have a problem with GGG wanting Mayweather, however, he is a 160 fighter and there is plenty of fighters that he should be concentrating on. Peter Kid Chocolate Quillen, Sergio Martinez and a few others. he is saying he would come down to 154 but still. If Mayweather says no to GGG, it s a duck and he is scared. Like the late great Manny Steward would say: We have weight classes for a reason.

Any thoughts?

It's funny how with many ppl it is ok for GGG to call out Floyd but if Money fights someone who was calling him out and coming up to his weight class (JMM for example) then May is cherrypicking and only fighting small guys. The double standard is in effect, it's as you stated; GGG should be focused on cleaning out his division and then he should be looking to move up and challenge the SMW and maybe even the LHW (seeing that he is big enough to challenge them).

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 1 2013, 07:08 PM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

I mean...Floyd has the 154lb title right? Is it retarded for a guy who can make that weight want to fight a title holder?

Maybe Floyd can do another catch weight since he all about them now lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 1 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 1 2013, 05:08 PM) *
I mean...Floyd has the 154lb title right? Is it retarded for a guy who can make that weight want to fight a title holder?

Maybe Floyd can do another catch weight since he all about them now lol

^^^^^^^^^

And this is the type of shit I am talking about. I hate boxing fans sometimes.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 1 2013, 06:53 PM) *
LOL what?!? Who is ggg to solidify Floyd? Haha I'm sorry pro, but I'm across from you on this. Maybe at 160 but ggg said 154 and even that's a stretch.

it's not about ggg solidifying floyd. it's about floyd accomplishing a feat that was done by two others before him. if he wants to be considered the best of all time...he has to separate himself from the rest.

armstrong and duran have won the light weight and middle weight titles. i'm not saying floyd needs to beat golovkin...but if he could beat one of the title holders at 160....he'd be in the company of those two atg's.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 07:23 PM
Post #26

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 06:05 PM) *
In the eyes of an overwhelming too many fans its always if he fights this guy it would cement his legacy. The guys legacy has been cemented for a while now. GGG good fighter and on his way to big things in boxing. But Mayweather doesn't need GGG.

GGG needs to make his own mark on boxing, I love boxers but some of them see beating Floyd as a quick come up. Ask Shane Mosley how that quick come up turned out for him after he beat Oscar. A big ass middle weight calling out a guy whose real natural weight is 140 is down right ridiculous. GGG has business at 160 and at 168. How the hell does a Ward fight need to build but he and his team thinks he can go straight to a fight with Mayweather! I see what they're doing

I wonder if Floyd ever laughs at this stuff, It's true what they say, heavy is the head who wears the crown

i hear what you're saying...there will always be another feat. ppl will always raise the bar on floyd. but lets be honest....when was the last time floyd took a fight that he wasn't favored to win? i can't remember....and with no one on the horizon at 147 or 154...i'm really not excited about his last 5 fights. there's no one on the short list that stands out as special who can possibly test him. with the way he dispatched guerrero...he turned back the clock! i don't see anyone beating him from 140-154. why not step up to a bigger challenge? i'm not saying it needs to be his next fight....but it would be great to see him try to accomplish the impossible. i'm not saying it has to be ggg...even though i believe he's the most dangerous guy at 160...i'd like to see floyd try and win a title at 160. i don't think it's a stretch either. what floyd lacks in size...he more than makes up for in skill and speed. you're right...his legacy is cemented at this point. he is the best of this era....but he likes to say he's the best ever. i'd like to see him try and prove it....and i don't believe a strap at 160 is an unachievable goal for him.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 09:56 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 07:23 PM) *
i hear what you're saying...there will always be another feat. ppl will always raise the bar on floyd. but lets be honest....when was the last time floyd took a fight that he wasn't favored to win? i can't remember....and with no one on the horizon at 147 or 154...i'm really not excited about his last 5 fights. there's no one on the short list that stands out as special who can possibly test him. with the way he dispatched guerrero...he turned back the clock! i don't see anyone beating him from 140-154. why not step up to a bigger challenge? i'm not saying it needs to be his next fight....but it would be great to see him try to accomplish the impossible. i'm not saying it has to be ggg...even though i believe he's the most dangerous guy at 160...i'd like to see floyd try and win a title at 160. i don't think it's a stretch either. what floyd lacks in size...he more than makes up for in skill and speed. you're right...his legacy is cemented at this point. he is the best of this era....but he likes to say he's the best ever. i'd like to see him try and prove it....and i don't believe a strap at 160 is an unachievable goal for him.

GGG will get to the space where people says these things about him, the same for Ward who I believe it's already started on. They're so good and probably too good for their own good that these amazing feats are heaped on then in hopes that the boxer will leap at them. Is he the best ever? No lol. He couldn't mess with SRR, I'm sorry, ain't nobody gon get me to believe he would beat that dude.

But for me personally he's definitely in that upper echelon of ATG'S. I don't see anyone messing with him in those classes either but if he were to fight Golovkin I'd make him come down in weight and still put his MW belt on the line

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 1 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 04:23 PM) *

Is it fair to punish Floyd for his dominance over the years and the lack of high risk fights? he can not create a tough opponent for him. he can only fight what the crop of fighters that are out now. People will bitch and say that Manny was his true test, but real boxing fans know that May would of won that fight fairly easy. Paul Williams is another person they bring up but I believed he had a short retirement when people were calling for them to fight. Also, Paul Williams is a taller version of Brandon Rios.

So you are saying for Floyd to be an ATG he must have a belt at 160/ those other ATG body was totally different and they were not small like Floyd, but I don't want to make excuses. I just don't see the point. I mean the guy can't even make 154. I don't think it is necessary

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 2 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #29

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 08:14 PM) *
it's not about ggg solidifying floyd. it's about floyd accomplishing a feat that was done by two others before him. if he wants to be considered the best of all time...he has to separate himself from the rest.

armstrong and duran have won the light weight and middle weight titles. i'm not saying floyd needs to beat golovkin...but if he could beat one of the title holders at 160....he'd be in the company of those two atg's.

Yea but ggg said he would come down to 154, and I doubt Floyd will ever go to 160. Unless he finds himself a john ruiz ala Roy Jones

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 2 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 10:56 PM) *
GGG will get to the space where people says these things about him, the same for Ward who I believe it's already started on. They're so good and probably too good for their own good that these amazing feats are heaped on then in hopes that the boxer will leap at them. Is he the best ever? No lol. He couldn't mess with SRR, I'm sorry, ain't nobody gon get me to believe he would beat that dude.

But for me personally he's definitely in that upper echelon of ATG'S. I don't see anyone messing with him in those classes either but if he were to fight Golovkin I'd make him come down in weight and still put his MW belt on the line

if that doesn't say something about his greatness....that he has to go up a couple of weight classes to find a real challenge...i don't know what will. robinson tried at lightheavy and failed...but it didn't take away from his legacy. he was negotiating to fight archie moore before he retired. that fight was going to be huge but it never came off.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 10:11 PM