IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG Wants Mayweather:, May is turning into the ho everyone wants to sex..
daprofessor
post Jul 3 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Jul 3 2013, 12:18 PM) *
I dont think there are many who would look at is as a duck. As most everyone has mentioned in this thread, there are 2 weight classes separating them. I could see if maybe Golovkin fought his next several fights at 154 then maybe an argument could be made. That's NOT going to happen though and would make no sense. Golovkin has yet to fight at 154. His entire career has been at 160. Can't really blame him for trying to get paid though.

this will be floyds 3rd fight at jr middleweight.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 3 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #42

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 02:45 PM) *
kt couldn't get past cool vince and zab couldn't get past kt. why would they even be asked? neither guy is anywhere near floyds level.

pac's shit was smoke and mirrors. he couldn't get past jmm and didn't want to face floyd. he would have got gatti'd by floyd anyway.

floyd clearly stands alone. he's raised the bar. he can be content to stay in his comfort zone of fighting guys knowledgeable fans know can't beat him...or he can challenge himself and dare to be great.

who thought clay would beat liston?

who thought ali would beat foreman?

who thought duran would beat leonard?

who thought leonard would beat hagler?

all of these guys are all time greats and they accomplished the impossible to achieve that status. floyd hasn't accomplished the impossible in his career. i see a perfect record...and what he did at 135 and below is amazing. what's he's done above is good. i'd like to see him outdo himself. i don't think that's asking too much.

I say to your entire post: "So What"!!

I think he's good enough to continue to rise as do you but does that mean he should? Does that mean we're babying him when we're clearly not asking others regardless of how great or how unimportant they have been in the sport? All of these are rhetorical questions but I'm sure you can provide an answer, it's just that I happen to think what he's done moving up as far as he did and beating far bigger fighter most of his career is enough.

If it is enough for Pac, JMM and others then it should be more than enough for Mayweather, I think we're asking too much of him/please consider how small he is, how old he is and how long he's been in this sport.

Who else has been asked at his age coming from his low of a weight to move up and take on much larger boxers??

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 3 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 3 2013, 04:39 PM) *
I say to your entire post: "So What"!!

I think he's good enough to continue to rise as do you but does that mean he should? Does that mean we're babying him when we're clearly not asking others regardless of how great or how unimportant they have been in the sport? All of these are rhetorical questions but I'm sure you can provide an answer, it's just that I happen to think what he's done moving up as far as he did and beating far bigger fighter most of his career is enough.

If it is enough for Pac, JMM and others then it should be more than enough for Mayweather, I think we're asking too much of him/please consider how small he is, how old he is and how long he's been in this sport.

Who else has been asked at his age coming from his low of a weight to move up and take on much larger boxers??

i hear what you are saying...and i'll agree to disagree. i also said this in a response to chitown's post...but it fits yours as well...

i'm not saying floyd needs to fight ggg...but duran fought hagler. do i need to post the dimensions of both in comparison to floyd and ggg? is floyd less skilled than duran? is hagler less skilled than ggg? duran beat barkley at 160 when he was 38 yrs old!!! he started his career at 118. stop making excuses for the dude. you starting to sound like a fan boy.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 3 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #44

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 03:48 PM) *
i hear what you are saying...and i'll agree to disagree. i also said this in a response to chitown's post...but it fits yours as well...

Let's go backwards, first I'am a fan but never nobody's boy lol, second why are we specifically singling Floyd out and not others, fair is fair. If we sound like fanboys then you sound like a Hater (one who holds him to a different standard and not everyone else). Third, Duran beat Barkley which while it was good win we shouldn't go overboard simply because Barkley beat a smaller Hearns who blasted out Duran.

Last but not least, we will agree to disagree because until we hold everyone to the same standard and not simply place the onus upon a fighter to take on bigger and bigger challenges simply because he is technically superior (we didn't do it to Ricardo Lopez who has more wins than Mayweather) is totally unfair.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 3 2013, 04:31 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 3 2013, 05:00 PM) *
Let's go backwards, first I'am a fan but never nobody's boy lol, second why are we specifically singling Floyd out and not others, fair is fair. If we sound like fanboys then you sound like a Hater (one who holds him to a different standard and not everyone else). Third, Duran beat Barkley which while it was good win we shouldn't go overboard simply because Barkley beat a smaller Hearns who blasted out Duran.

Last but not least, we will agree to disagree because until we hold everyone to the same standard and not simply place the onus upon a fighter to take on bigger and bigger challenges simply because he is technically superior (we didn't do it to Ricardo Lopez who has more wins than Mayweather) is totally unfair.

lopez reign at his weight was unparalleled. i don't rate him higher than floyd.

i compare floyd to armstrong and duran because they were all the same size and competed in the same weight divisions.

duran got through his first 72 fights with 1 loss that he avenged by ko...and that was to esteban dejesus. he stepped up two weightclasses to fight leonard who was the man at 147. he won jr middleweight and middleweight titles back in a time where there weren't any silver belts or interim champions....or all this other bullshit. duran imo is the best fighter of my lifetime. i have him rated #3 after robinson and armstrong. floyd is the one that claims to be the greatest of all time. so if he's going to make a statement like that, as a student of the game for several years...i have to call it like i see it. he doesn't measure up.

is it hate if it's true?

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 3 2013, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 3 2013, 01:52 PM) *
Good post.
But Floyd is never gonna get the credit he's due

He won't. And that's sad because he truly is one of the best skilled fighters to ever step in the ring

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 3 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 04:31 PM) *
lopez reign at his weight was unparalleled. i don't rate him higher than floyd.

i compare floyd to armstrong and duran because they were all the same size and competed in the same weight divisions.

duran got through his first 72 fights with 1 loss that he avenged by ko...and that was to esteban dejesus. he stepped up two weightclasses to fight leonard who was the man at 147. he won jr middleweight and middleweight titles back in a time where there weren't any silver belts or interim champions....or all this other bullshit. duran imo is the best fighter of my lifetime. i have him rated #3 after robinson and armstrong. floyd is the one that claims to be the greatest of all time. so if he's going to make a statement like that, as a student of the game for several years...i have to call it like i see it. he doesn't measure up.

is it hate if it's true?

I never knew you as a Hater so I won't define your post as such but I do say your's is a matter of opinion as is all of us-still it doesn't justify the singling out of one man no matter what he said. I think Floyd has stopped talking about he's the greatest a long time ago, to hold a young person to their word at that time means very little-kids say stupid crap everyday<<<Floyd was no different at that time.

Not making excuses for him, I just think we need to hold all fighters to one standard regardless of how great they are, how great they claim to be or whatever.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 02:55 PM) *
as a fan of the sport of boxing....i know that records and achievements were made to be broken. i can go down a very long list of achievements/accomplishments by great fighters and explain in detail why they were so great. i guess if i were just a floyd fan...i'd be content with what he has done. unfortunately, when i look at his career and how it stacks against those that have come before him....i know he's very good. i just can't call him great. make no mistake about it...i believe his skills are undeniable and probably the best we've ever seen in the ring. unfortunately, i've never truly seen him test those skills so i can't say that without reservations.

i can say that floyd has learned from those that came before him. he's leveraged his skills to make as much as he can and that's great for him. he is the best business man the sport has ever seen thanks to al haymon. he's definitely the best of this era...but his accomplishments don't stack up to past greats imo.

It's all subjective but I don't stack him against anyone and vice versa. There's no one like him in the sport and probably never will be again. Not to toot my own horn but I explained it perfectly in my previous post. Outrageous requests are placed in him and other greats and it's really stupid. Because if they did it you would have some other bs for them to do. Your not the only fan though I'm the only one with sense. If you don't think he's great then that's your opinion. I don't judge by your standards. I think he's great and thank God, 99% of the time IDGAF about others opinions. The past is the past but in the future, he is the prototype fighters will use and remember

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 3 2013, 06:02 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 3 2013, 03:58 PM) *
It's all subjective but I don't stack him against anyone and vice versa. There's no one like him in the sport and probably never will be again. Not to toot my own horn but I explained it perfectly in my previous post. Outrageous requests are placed in him and other greats and it's really stupid. Because if they did it you would have some other bs for them to do. Your not the only fan though I'm the only one with sense. If you don't think he's great then that's your opinion. I don't judge by your standards. I think he's great and thank God, 99% of the time IDGAF about others opinions. The past is the past but in the future, he is the prototype fighters will use and remember

+1

I will go back to what Emmanuel Steward has said time and time again: We have weight classes for a reason.

To me that solves a lot of this nonsense.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 3 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 3 2013, 03:04 PM) *
fuck record books. we should just throw them out and judge everyone on how they make us feel. while we're at it...let's get rid of report cards and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. fuck standards. who needs to measure anything??? we should just take and give as much as we want or feel like. here's $50 bucks....put some gas in my tank. oh...that's not gas? it's water...ok.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

listen...jordan is great! period. lebron hasn't proven to be great...but he seems to be on his way. if he quit tomorrow...no one would say he was the greatest ever. hell...kobe, as much as i don't like the dude....has waaaaay more accomplishments than lebron but still falls short to jordan imo and the opinion of others. they are all great basketball players....but when u put them in perspective one is greater than the other. no matter how much that bothers anyone...it's the truth.

as for garcia....i agree, he needs to fight matthysse to prove he's the man at 140. i'm not saying floyd needs to fight ggg...but duran fought hagler. do i need to post the dimensions of both in comparison to floyd and ggg? is floyd less skilled than duran? is hagler less skilled than ggg? duran beat barkley at 160 when he was 38 yrs old!!! he started his career at 118. stop making excuses for the dude. you starting to sound like a fan boy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You set yourself up nicely lol. Report cards, really, is that what we're doing here hahaha. Might as well do away with them because the leaders and then people with money didn't go to college and some of them barely got past high school. To me, the great ones stand alone. Measuring their achievements side by side is nothing more then a passing contest most of the time and I ain't into that.

Jordan is GOAT, there's no disputing that. I'm starting to sound truthful and the truth hurts some I guess. I don't care what measuring meter you or anyone else uses. You heap ridiculous demands on athletes and celebs and after they do that you want them to do something else. When does the stuff stop? Like I said I see why they say fuck the fans sometimes, they have no appreciation. I've seen both sides of the coin and it literally disgusts me how people like what your saying say this crap.

I could never be a fan boy because I'm too intelligent and knowledgeable for that. But what I am and always will be is honest because truth is truth and in this scenario your truth isn't my truth and vice versa. Life isn't a movie where people can just heap demands on a personal and expect them to do them. It is not his fault that he'd head and shoulders above the rest, but you do what these so called fan boys do and spew the same rhetoric. Those guys had their time. And now it's his. You may not want to believe he's great but the proof is there

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:14 PM