IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG Wants Mayweather:, May is turning into the ho everyone wants to sex..
checkleft
post Jul 4 2013, 04:41 AM
Post #51

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 3 2013, 07:14 PM) *
You set yourself up nicely lol. Report cards, really, is that what we're doing here hahaha. Might as well do away with them because the leaders and then people with money didn't go to college and some of them barely got past high school. To me, the great ones stand alone. Measuring their achievements side by side is nothing more then a passing contest most of the time and I ain't into that.

Jordan is GOAT, there's no disputing that. I'm starting to sound truthful and the truth hurts some I guess. I don't care what measuring meter you or anyone else uses. You heap ridiculous demands on athletes and celebs and after they do that you want them to do something else. When does the stuff stop? Like I said I see why they say fuck the fans sometimes, they have no appreciation. I've seen both sides of the coin and it literally disgusts me how people like what your saying say this crap.

I could never be a fan boy because I'm too intelligent and knowledgeable for that. But what I am and always will be is honest because truth is truth and in this scenario your truth isn't my truth and vice versa. Life isn't a movie where people can just heap demands on a personal and expect them to do them. It is not his fault that he'd head and shoulders above the rest, but you do what these so called fan boys do and spew the same rhetoric. Those guys had their time. And now it's his. You may not want to believe he's great but the proof is there

+1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frankducketts
post Jul 5 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #52

Amateur

Member No.: 13,956

GG has Pirog, Martinez, Froch, Quillin and Ward as options. Why mention Floyd? You won't get that fight until you fight someone with a pulse Mr GG.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 5 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #53

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (frankducketts @ Jul 5 2013, 04:51 PM) *
GG has Pirog, Martinez, Froch, Quillin and Ward as options. Why mention Floyd? You won't get that fight until you fight someone with a pulse Mr GG.

Again with pirog

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 5 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #54

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (frankducketts @ Jul 5 2013, 09:51 PM) *

Will they fight him though

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 6 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #55

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

To hell with GGG.. here is a hard punching middleweight who rather than talk of moving to 168 to face Froch, Ward, or even 160 against the likes of Quillen etc.. talks about facing a fighter who just became a legit welter in the last few years-- what a joke. Hopkin's great middleweight dominance was ridiculed because he stayed at 160 for sooo long. What if Hopkins were calling out mayyweather? he would be lambasted. I am salivating at the time when he faces a HARD 160 PUNCHER. Someone who can crack like Antwun Echols used to crack before Hopkins ruined him...

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jul 6 2013, 10:52 AM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 6 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #56

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

of you guys wanna compare fighters then compare all aspects, not just in the ring. robinson, duran, louis,tyson, ali, all these guys jad serious financial issues outside the ring that ultimately led them to keep fighting past their rimes and take hard losses. Floyd has mastered this, and buiult himself an empire from which he will retire, and created a blueprint for how to be successfull in and outside the ring. robisnon was an icon and a role model in the ring, but outside the ring he had 10 failed businesses, white guys taking money from his pockets(this was the 50s remember lol) and he was being abusive to his family and cheating on his multiple wives constantly. Tyson, do i even need to remind you guys what tyson has done outside the ring? Ali got wrapped up with that POS elijah muhamad who i beleive killed malcom x, and eneded up going against the army and government in court. These were great thletes, but not role models. Im afraid to say that this is true of many famed athletes and actors we adore. Floyd mayweatehr has defeated everything in his path and with style in and out the ring. He is a true role model, somebody your kids can aspire to be, and his achievements in the ring are pretty fucking good too, and wats great is he isnt even done yet.

and as far as danny garcia goes, i am from philly just like danny, although im from the white trash section port richmond near kensington. but anyway, it feels to me this kid is trying to hold onto his newfound light by any means necessary. this amir khan win set him into the light, and he will do watever it takes to stay there. I think the only way mathysse and him fight, is if he is guaranteed by golden boy that win or lose he is still one of their favorite children. i think alot of this has to do with angel garcia, and the fact that he thinks danny deserves more than he should. I odnt know if its true. but from a trainers perspective and a father, wouldnt you hide your kids from mathysse? especially if you can still get a mayweather fight down the road without it?

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Jul 7 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #57

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

His greatness has already been cemented. It's not his fault that he's so good that boxers in 3 different weigh classes can't even hang in the gym with him. You want a natural 140lber whose really never been a WW to fight at 160 because a couple of people did it before. I'm sorry but that's laughable, those men had their time and had their career and it's over.

The one thing that many ATG's have is they staked their own claim. Let that man do the same, who cares what somebody did 20-30yrs ago, it's a new day and a new time and there are new ways to validate yourself and Mayweather jr is trying to do just that. I suggest that those who heap these ridiculous demands on him just let him be

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 3 2013, 12:06 AM) *
Grown men don't baby grown men. You name these great fighters who did this and that but they were who they were. WTH would beating GGG prove? Not nothing, just to get a belt because some before him did it. That's ridiculous. He is his own man and he needs to be allowed to stake his own claim.

I got my career in marketing started thru entertainment based stuff. I've met many athletes and celebs and along the way I realized that 95% of fans aint sh%t, even the so called hardocre fans. Like brutal said the expectations that the fans put on these people are downright outrageous. If he did fight him and win you'd be calling for him to fight Ward and probably somebody else. At some point the dumb stuff has to stop

I respect trendsetters and those who do things on their own accord and Mayweather is definitely in a class of rare air there. He's taking on his biggest challenge and still yet that's not good enough for some. We need to get on Garcia if he doesn't fight Matthyse if this is the basis in which we're going to judge things. I see why some of these athletes and celebs say f%ck the fans. The stuff just never stops. GGG has business at 160 with many fighters and he can move up yet he throws his name in the hat with every fighter and wants a Mayweather showdown. I'm sorry but I think he's corny for that. He can't even beat the #2 P$P guy in Ward. He has no biz fighting Floyd and if they fought at 154, it would be a long night for him

At some point some fans need to step back and either appreciate what they're witnessing or just stop all together. I get sick of hearing that type of rhetoric, Jordan did this but now he should do this. Lebron did this, if he wants a real challenge and be better then Jordan he needs to do this. Floyd should do this because some fighter did this, screw that. The cycle never changes but it needs to

Not afraid to say these ^^ two posts are the best responses I've seen in this thread on the core issue of how some are using their own definition of "greatness" or "truth" to try and water down the achievements of Mayweather, Jr.; and I have read the thread through the post immediately before this one of mine.

To emphasize on one of mrchitown's points, the way Mayweather achieves his own greatness does not in any way have to be the way and manner in which SRR or the Durans of this world were seen by some to have attained theirs. Mayweather has done it his own and unique way...according to/shaped by the dictates in his own generation. For instance, elites don't (in fact, can't) fight twelve times a year anymore! So, saying Duran for one fought a thousand times before his first defeat, is just plain irrelevant to Mayweather's legacy.

Mayweather fights and beats GGG, say, at 160, and you'll hear these same silly arguments that, "to cement his legacy," he should fight - and defeat - Andre Ward. The small problem would then further be that Andre Ward has - or would have - in the meantime, since moved up and established himself as the best at 175! Yet, that won't stop such calls. Such calls simply have to stop indeed. They should have stopped already.

I once wrote that, just like some in SRR's own generation could not recognize him as having been better than some unique fighters in the generations (say, pre-moving pictures) before theirs, so also will some in Floyd Mayweather's generation view/judge Mayweather. And so shall some a few generations to come or even the next one, view the "Mayweather" of their own time. Ad infinitum.

P34c3

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 8 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #58

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

if floyd's undefeated record is what we point to as a measure of his success....why is it wrong to bring up roberto durans run? joe calzaghe went 46-0. are we to believe he is great because he did so? he did it his own way as well. is his career better than roys and bhops? he beat the both of them. or should we not hold these guys to the same standards? is joe an atg? he's seemingly done well for himself too! i'm sure parents would love to have their kids emulate joecal. who wouldn't want their son to be like him? he's a role model too, isn't he? floyd is 44-0 w/26 ko's while joecal is 46-0 w/32 ko's. is joe greater than floyd?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 8 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #59

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 5 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Will they fight him though

One things for sure, pirog won't fight him =D

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 8 2013, 05:54 PM
Post #60

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 8 2013, 10:54 PM) *
One things for sure, pirog won't fight him =D

out of Pirog, Martinez, Froch, Quillin and Ward.

Martinez is out for this year
Froch may fight him if its in the UK, but am unsure whether GGG would win depending how his power carries up to SMW
Quillin would lose, and most likely wouldn't take the fight, but am surprised GG or anyone from his camp hasn't called him out yet?
Ward am unsure about, he'd fight him when he's at his peak, unsure who'd win
Pirog...Who?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 06:38 AM