IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Vs. Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, Make it Happen!
Gambit808
post Jun 30 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

If Chavez Jr. Wins impressively against whomever the hell he's fighting in September, would it still be too soon for Arum to match these 2 up against each other? Or does he (GGG) need a couple more fights to build his name on?

Personally I'd like to see a tournament at MW. Winner fights Marivilla, and would include GGG, Chavez Jr., Kid Choclate, Dimitry Pirog.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

I said it before, I'll say it again...at 160 ggg is the man to beat. I can't see him losing to any of them.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 12:05 AM) *
I said it before, I'll say it again...at 160 ggg is the man to beat. I can't see him losing to any of them.

IDK about that, Maravilla may be getting up there in age but I think he still has enough left to give the rising star an L

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 1 2013, 05:36 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

now I want a GGG vs Martinez fight before anything lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 1 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jun 30 2013, 08:44 PM) *
If Chavez Jr. Wins impressively against whomever the hell he's fighting in September, would it still be too soon for Arum to match these 2 up against each other? Or does he (GGG) need a couple more fights to build his name on?

Personally I'd like to see a tournament at MW. Winner fights Marivilla, and would include GGG, Chavez Jr., Kid Choclate, Dimitry Pirog.

Your asking for a lot with that tournament, Idk if that's possible with all the different promoters involved.

Please don't mention pirog ever again, your gonna make my blood pressure go up lol. There are so many good fighters at 160 and you bring up a ghost. He was already suppose to fight ggg but he vacated and chose to fight someone else then pulled out with an injury (for like the fourth time in a row).

But I believe chacha is fighting vera.

But you have mora, Murray, barker, quillen, n'dam, that "la bomba" kid with the sleepy look on his face.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 1 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Chavez, with his punching power could actually win this fight but I know he has discipline issues. I hope this fight does take place. GGG is a nasty puncher and Chavez Jr. has an iron chin. It would be interesting. I rather see GGG fight Peter Q. or Sergio. I think that fight has to build. Chavez Jr. needs some significant wins and let's not forget he may want to rematch Sergio for beating his ass for 12 rounds minus the last few seconds of the fight. I want to see that happen... it could be a tournament: GGG vs. Peter Q. and Sergio vs. Chavez and the winners face each other.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 1 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Chavez is a guy that wont be hurt as easily by Golovkin's power. It all depends on how much he was softened up from the Martinez fight. Two stalkers going head to head...this fight will be the scrap of the year.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 01:44 AM) *
IDK about that, Maravilla may be getting up there in age but I think he still has enough left to give the rising star an L

martinez is a one trick pony. his legs aren't what they used to be. i can't see him surviving against golovkin. i think golovkin gets very little credit for his defense. the guy is so subtle in his defense when he comes with very, very intelligent pressure. he's a nightmare for anyone in the division. can he be hit? yes... he is forcing exchanges where it's only going to lead to a ko. when he loses...he will lose by ko simply because his own aggression will eventually do him in. with all the wide punching, easy to hit guys in this division...i can't see any of them getting him anytime soon.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 1 2013, 09:33 AM) *
Your asking for a lot with that tournament, Idk if that's possible with all the different promoters involved.

Please don't mention pirog ever again, your gonna make my blood pressure go up lol. There are so many good fighters at 160 and you bring up a ghost. He was already suppose to fight ggg but he vacated and chose to fight someone else then pulled out with an injury (for like the fourth time in a row).

But I believe chacha is fighting vera.

But you have mora, Murray, barker, quillen, n'dam, that "la bomba" kid with the sleepy look on his face.

the only guy worth mentioning is quillen. ggg beats the others easily. la bomba is at 168 and should have a loss on his record to will rosinsky.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

i can't believe u guys are selling golovkin so short. am i the only one that see it?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:45 PM