IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Vs. Gennady "GGG" Golovkin, Make it Happen!
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 04:56 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 03:19 PM) *
martinez is a one trick pony. his legs aren't what they used to be. i can't see him surviving against golovkin. i think golovkin gets very little credit for his defense. the guy is so subtle in his defense when he comes with very, very intelligent pressure. he's a nightmare for anyone in the division. can he be hit? yes... he is forcing exchanges where it's only going to lead to a ko. when he loses...he will lose by ko simply because his own aggression will eventually do him in. with all the wide punching, easy to hit guys in this division...i can't see any of them getting him anytime soon.

I think his one trick ad you call it is more then what we've seen from Golovkin. I can't speak to his defense because his fights don't lasting enough for him to truly be tested but he was getting hit in spots by Rosa do when they fought. He may very well have solid defense but 2 and 3 round fights and a ko over ishida ain't gonna convince me of that

Ad you said at times he does throw wide shots, this could spell doom for him against Martinez. I'm not saying he loses but I'm not buying into the notion that he's the man to be at at 160 just yet
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 03:27 PM) *
i can't believe u guys are selling golovkin so short. am i the only one that see it?

Like Ward said people see him ad the boogeyman, we all know how to make the boogeyman go away. The question is who will be the one to do it. He's definitely on his way to stardorm, I like the way GGG carries himself. The way he talks is kinda funny but he's a humble dude

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 1 2013, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 1 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

If SM can outwork JCCJr then I'm certain the much bigger, better conditioned GGG works him over then KO's the bum.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Chavez Jr says he has non problems facing GGG. But listening to him talk in the interview I think he favors a Ward fight over any other at this point

Martinez has just said that he'd fight GGG in 2014. We shall see how this as out

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Jul 1 2013, 06:56 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

no one beats GGG @ 160 including martinez i can't wait til GGG retires him, it's going to be devastating, mark my words martinez doesn't last 5 rounds. As for Chavez JR these two fight similar but im going with GGG on foot speed, handspeed, better head movement and more importantly more punching power GGG by bludgeoning bloody TKO..does anyone else notice this guy cause cuts within the first 2 rounds everytime he punches people

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 05:56 PM) *
I think his one trick ad you call it is more then what we've seen from Golovkin. I can't speak to his defense because his fights don't lasting enough for him to truly be tested but he was getting hit in spots by Rosa do when they fought. He may very well have solid defense but 2 and 3 round fights and a ko over ishida ain't gonna convince me of that

Ad you said at times he does throw wide shots, this could spell doom for him against Martinez. I'm not saying he loses but I'm not buying into the notion that he's the man to be at at 160 just yet

i said with all the wide punching easy to hit guys in the division...i was referring to canelo, chavez and guys like that. golovkin doesn't really throw wide shots. he's really good about throwing with his opponents and putting his head in positions where his shots land and theirs do not.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 05:58 PM) *
Like Ward said people see him ad the boogeyman, we all know how to make the boogeyman go away. The question is who will be the one to do it. He's definitely on his way to stardorm, I like the way GGG carries himself. The way he talks is kinda funny but he's a humble dude

ward speaking on the things that he feels he can exploit. it's one of those things....we see it from the outside...but it's a whole different ball game when u have them missiles whizzing by your head. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) hopefully they fight before ward moves up to light heavy. it's going to be one for the ages.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 1 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 1 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Chavez Jr says he has non problems facing GGG. But listening to him talk in the interview I think he favors a Ward fight over any other at this point

Martinez has just said that he'd fight GGG in 2014. We shall see how this as out

i kind of feel bad for martinez. he blazed a serious trail and should be a much bigger star than he is currently. unfortunately, he had the wrong ppl behind him and if and when he fights ggg...that'll be the end. it's going to suck to see him go out like that.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 1 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #19

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Would love to see this...Jr can take a punch.Could be an amazing fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 1 2013, 07:57 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 1 2013, 07:11 PM) *
i kind of feel bad for martinez. he blazed a serious trail and should be a much bigger star than he is currently. unfortunately, he had the wrong ppl behind him and if and when he fights ggg...that'll be the end. it's going to suck to see him go out like that.

If he and GGG fight I'm going as long as it's in the states. I wouldn't want to miss a fight like that. I'm still not sold that he beats Martinez...martinez can do so many more different things then the opponents Golovkin has faced up to this point

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:32 AM