IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO Boxing Production Values in the Crapper!
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 07:47 PM) *
you're a northsider? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Heck no lol...he ain't grow up on no north side, IDK where you got that from. his father and mother used to be together but they split up when we was real young his father moved out west. Truth be told, he be fronting like he spent major time out west hit nah, his mother wouldn't allow that. He went to and graduated from Thornton high school. I grew up on 89th paulina. I wish I was protected like them north side kids were

He used to rap about guns and drugs and Jay was trying to sign Lupe when we was juniors in high school. His mom wasn't feeling it but when he turned 18 he started getting more and more buzz in the city and attention Jay still wanted to sign him but he ended up rocking with Atlantic and he regrets it.

The mother of my child is best friends with the love of his life lol, I still speak to him thru a mutual friend. His anr is close to us both, if I really needed to speak to him I'd hit dude up. He used to perpetrate like he was stone until he got jumped by some real stones. That's when he started rapping about the subject matter he touches on now. I don't understand why he gives Kanye props when kanye didn't reach back for him or anyone in the city, he's the asshole out of the bunch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 07:38 PM) *
sometimes u gotta leave to achieve greatness....there were many before me...there'll be others after.

nat king cole
sam cooke
lou rawls
chaka khan...

just to name a few. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Tru

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 10:23 PM) *
I rock with some cali rappers, kendrick, Jay rock, schoolboy from there too right? I like glasses Malone even though his album ain't never coming out. Of course I still rock with snoop, day, cube, wc,.. a lot of them

That Hbo guy made 24/7 to Mr. I used to love when he would say "The fight.....is 7 days Away" I knew it was go time then lol

i think most cali rappers are whack....except for cats like the pharcyde, del, cypress, psycho realm, kendrick is tight...

snoop was good back in the day...with daz n corrupt....nwa way back when....dr dre in the beginning...cube's first couple of solo joints were tight...now, pure whackness.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:34 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 07:46 PM) *
i think them giving floyd executive producer credits on the show was great for him...but not so great for their future. not everyone can pull that off. it was cool in the beginning and it's nice seeing all the behind the scenes shit...but it's old. none of it is new. we know all about floyd now...the same way we knew all about pac on 24/7. how many times can that shit be rehashed? throwing common in there seemed like a good idea up front...but listening and watching...i felt it was a mistake. i'd like to see them try a few formulas to keep shit fresh. they do it with their commentary so why not? while we're at it... they need to get rid of that mma dude. he fucks up the commentary for me.

as for common...truth be told...he's one of my favorites but i can't bestow the goat label on him.

He has some classics in his catalogue, I can't take nothing away from dude except the fact that he let badu work her magic in him lol

I see what your saying, they need to be more innovative. I don't dislike the mma guy, but I do think he should stick to commentating mma fights. He doesn't seem to fit a boxing broadcast team. I wouldn't be mad that if they were going to keep doing all access, had. A different person do the voice overs

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 10:29 PM) *
Heck no lol...he ain't grow up on no north side, IDK where you got that from. his father and mother used to be together but they split up when we was real young his father moved out west. Truth be told, he be fronting like he spent major time out west hit nah, his mother wouldn't allow that. He went to and graduated from Thornton high school. I grew up on 89th paulina. I wish I was protected like them north side kids were

He used to rap about guns and drugs and Jay was trying to sign Lupe when we was juniors in high school. His mom wasn't feeling it but when he turned 18 he started getting more and more buzz in the city and attention Jay still wanted to sign him but he ended up rocking with Atlantic and he regrets it.

The mother of my child is best friends with the love of his life lol, I still speak to him thru a mutual friend. His anr is close to us both, if I really needed to speak to him I'd hit dude up. He used to perpetrate like he was stone until he got jumped by some real stones. That's when he started rapping about the subject matter he touches on now. I don't understand why he gives Kanye props when kanye didn't reach back for him or anyone in the city, he's the asshole out of the bunch

i used to spin back in the day and produce. i know a lot of chicago cats on the hip hop tip. i don't remember him...but when i would go to 'the spot' off of halsted and randolph...my partner used to sneak kanye up in the club on open mic nights. apparently, he was always around and one of my homies tells me we smoked out with him in the ride listening to some of his tracks when he was a shorty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this same dude was asked by twister to be his deejay and he refused because we all thought twista was whack and would never make it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the cats i rolled with are also still tight with rasheed and no i.d. i know rasheed aka common in passing. some of my homies hang with him still. there were some other dudes that used to roll with us that achieved a little bit of fame... rhyme fest and this other dude G.Q. that was back in the mid '90's. i gave all that shit up because i needed to support my seeds and i just got tired of the whole scene. there are a lot of talented cats in chicago who have never made it. my ex used to be in a group that used to open up for all the major acts that came thru the chi back in the early '90's. the other group that used to open with them was MGM...that was R Kelly's group before he got famous. i've seen and been around all that shit. for the most part...a lot of talented artist are down to earth people who are real as shit. lupe is one of my favorites from the chi.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 11 2013, 01:28 AM
Post #46

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 09:33 PM) *
i think most cali rappers are whack....except for cats like the pharcyde, del, cypress, psycho realm, kendrick is tight...

snoop was good back in the day...with daz n corrupt....nwa way back when....dr dre in the beginning...cube's first couple of solo joints were tight...now, pure whackness.

Cube aint put out nothing lately but the last 2 he put out independently were pretty good IMO, pharcyde was the shit

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 11 2013, 01:28 AM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 09:53 PM) *
i used to spin back in the day and produce. i know a lot of chicago cats on the hip hop tip. i don't remember him...but when i would go to 'the spot' off of halsted and randolph...my partner used to sneak kanye up in the club on open mic nights. apparently, he was always around and one of my homies tells me we smoked out with him in the ride listening to some of his tracks when he was a shorty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) this same dude was asked by twister to be his deejay and he refused because we all thought twista was whack and would never make it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) the cats i rolled with are also still tight with rasheed and no i.d. i know rasheed aka common in passing. some of my homies hang with him still. there were some other dudes that used to roll with us that achieved a little bit of fame... rhyme fest and this other dude G.Q. that was back in the mid '90's. i gave all that shit up because i needed to support my seeds and i just got tired of the whole scene. there are a lot of talented cats in chicago who have never made it. my ex used to be in a group that used to open up for all the major acts that came thru the chi back in the early '90's. the other group that used to open with them was MGM...that was R Kelly's group before he got famous. i've seen and been around all that shit. for the most part...a lot of talented artist are down to earth people who are real as shit. lupe is one of my favorites from the chi.

Too much crab in barrel stuff here, but the city finally getting some light so I guess it's a good thing

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 11 2013, 09:37 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 09:23 PM) *
I rock with some cali rappers, kendrick, Jay rock, schoolboy from there too right? I like glasses Malone even though his album ain't never coming out. Of course I still rock with snoop, day, cube, wc,.. a lot of them

That Hbo guy made 24/7 to Mr. I used to love when he would say "The fight.....is 7 days Away" I knew it was go time then lol

Kendrick is the only one that's surprisingly good. His last album was one of the better ones I heard in a while

The De la hoya mayweather 24/7 is still my favorite. The production was great

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 11 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 07:33 PM) *

The funny thing about Del is that in very show he opens up he says "I'm Del, you know, Ice Cube's cousin." That shit cracks me up every time!!

Snoop's first album was classic,the Chronic was a classic. The Pharcyde, if they could get along would be beyond legends throughout the US. NWA never was a fan of. I haven't gotten into Kendrick Lamar as of yet. Cypress Hill lost me with that Rock rap shit. Cali rappers aren't crap just the ones who get played are. The Freestyle Fellowship crew is off the chain. Dilated Peoples is dope! They get little shine, but they are dope. Matter of fact, one of the members slaughtered Eminem in a freestyle contest. It was fuckin amazing!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 11 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 11 2013, 02:28 AM) *
Too much crab in barrel stuff here, but the city finally getting some light so I guess it's a good thing

yessir! that shit exists everywhere....but back home, even my own family would pull me down. shit is sad.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 12:30 PM