> 50 Cent Charged With Domestic Violence
mrchitown
post Jul 4 2013, 11:56 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Aware @ Jul 4 2013, 11:27 PM) *
I AM a hip hop head and I don't consider it a classic. Just for a reference here are some hip hop albums I consider classic: Illmatic, Midnight Marauders, It Takes a Nation..., A Book of Human Language, Enter the Wu-Tang, Liquid Swords, Atliens, Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde, Mecca and the Soul Brother, Resurrection, etc. What makes GRODT a classic?

The number one criteria for an album to be a classic is does it stand the test of time and GRODT does. like I said his peers, dj's, rappers, producers, label execs have given it the classic seal if approval. I'll agree to disagree here because IMO he has 2 classics. People have their criteria and I guess it doesn't fit yours but in that assessment your on the outside looking in

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 4 2013, 11:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aware
post Jul 5 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 5 2013, 12:56 AM) *
The number one criteria for an album to be a classic is does it stand the test of time and GRODT does. like I said his peers, dj's, rappers, producers, label execs have given it the classic seal if approval. I'll agree to disagree here because IMO he has 2 classics. People have their criteria and I guess it doesn't fit yours but in that assessment your on the outside looking in

The thing is I don't respect 99.99998.....% of DJs, rappers, producers, and (especially) label execs. Ask the real hip hop heads (the real artists, the ones who do it for art) if it's a classic. Ask Questlove, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Krs-1, Rakim, Chuck D, Aceyalone etc. What would they say? I remember being the first kid at my high school that had Power of the Dollar, that was 50 raw. GRODT is just a cookie cutter commercial album made to maximize sales.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jul 5 2013, 02:10 AM
Post #23

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

It was Daphne Joy, apparently:

(IMG:http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/daphne-joy-50-cent/daphne-joy-50-cent-8.jpg)

Lawd...I wonder what she said for him to hulk out on her.

Yeah. I said it. I want to know what the WOMAN said to the man, that would make him go apeshit. Too many moist motherfuckers always IMMEDIATELY saying that dude was wrong for that shit, without knowing what really went down.

Like when Rihanna got that ass whooped because she supposedly gave Chris Brown the luggage that never goes away.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 5 2013, 04:05 AM
Post #24

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Aware @ Jul 5 2013, 12:27 AM) *
I AM a hip hop head and I don't consider it a classic. Just for a reference here are some hip hop albums I consider classic: Illmatic, Midnight Marauders, It Takes a Nation..., A Book of Human Language, Enter the Wu-Tang, Liquid Swords, Atliens, Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde, Mecca and the Soul Brother, Resurrection, etc. What makes GRODT a classic?

Co-sign like a MF!!!!! Not too many self-proclaimed "heads" even REMEMBER, Bizarre Ride, let alone can bang w/ it. Excellent drop, my dude......those cats were so undervalued it's criminal. As far as Illmatic, my #1 "start to finish" CD. Simply amazing.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 5 2013, 04:07 AM
Post #25

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Aware @ Jul 5 2013, 01:12 AM) *
The thing is I don't respect 99.99998.....% of DJs, rappers, producers, and (especially) label execs. Ask the real hip hop heads (the real artists, the ones who do it for art) if it's a classic. Ask Questlove, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Krs-1, Rakim, Chuck D, Aceyalone etc. What would they say? I remember being the first kid at my high school that had Power of the Dollar, that was 50 raw. GRODT is just a cookie cutter commercial album made to maximize sales.

Why does NO ONE ever mention Black Thought when name dropping MCs?????? Man, cats need to listen again (or for the 1st time) "75 bars".

This post has been edited by bnoles4life: Jul 5 2013, 04:07 AM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 5 2013, 07:26 AM
Post #26

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 4 2013, 07:03 PM) *
To quote Jay, "I'm scared of the future/y'all respect who got shot, I respect the shooter...." <<<< Nail head, meet hammer.

GAY Z is a piece of BOURGEOISIE SHIT. damned near 50 and still saying nothing that can uplift a man-- NAS SONG ABOUT THE KIDS " I CAN" trumps anything this lowlife sycophant has ever done.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 5 2013, 05:07 AM) *
Why does NO ONE ever mention Black Thought when name dropping MCs?????? Man, cats need to listen again (or for the 1st time) "75 bars".

black thought is a tremendous MC he will not get credit in this land of slave mentality HIP HOP which has been DEAD- someone one mentioned DUMBING DOWN LYRICS... this rap/hip hop piss and shit has dumbed down BLACK AMERICA and has put a dumbed down dent in the so called "dominant society" as well. The music as it is projected reflects nothing but hedonistic savagery. Mofos walking around with their underwear exposed trying to show their asses like hot bitches... pathetic

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 5 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jul 5 2013, 05:26 AM) *
GAY Z is a piece of BOURGEOISIE SHIT. damned near 50 and still saying nothing that can uplift a man-- NAS SONG ABOUT THE KIDS " I CAN" trumps anything this lowlife sycophant has ever done.

black thought is a tremendous MC he will not get credit in this land of slave mentality HIP HOP which has been DEAD- someone one mentioned DUMBING DOWN LYRICS... this rap/hip hop piss and shit has dumbed down BLACK AMERICA and has put a dumbed down dent in the so called "dominant society" as well. The music as it is projected reflects nothing but hedonistic savagery. Mofos walking around with their underwear exposed trying to show their asses like hot bitches... pathetic

Black Thought does not sell into what the industry wants. Think about why all these rappers are being pushed. The are selling what will poison the minds of many children. These kids soak this shit out and live the shit. During the 90s when conscious and mind provoking music was actually highlighted out of nowhere "gangsta" rap came out and killed any music that made you think. Anytime artist like artist like Tribe Called Quest, Poor Righteous Teachers, The entire Boot camp Clique, Freestyle Fellowship crew and a bunch of other cats become obsolete, let's me know something ain't right. 2pacalypse Now, was an amazing album. Socially conscious songs and a call for black unity, that is what got his ass killed. EMPD another group that spoke about the truth, their most recognize song "Cross Over" told the name of the game. Now we just have rappers rapping about raping women and all that bullshit. Sad.

To Chi: 50 off his first album get rich or die trying, wrote one song on his own, the rest was co written by two or three other people. His other 4 albums were all co-written. Its not unheard of. Now his underground shit was cool. "How to Rob" is one of my favorite songs hands down, I am not a hater, I just don't excuse bitch made shit.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 5 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 4 2013, 07:24 PM) *
I think you get what actual writing credit is confused lol. Rhyme fest wrote a majority of Jesus walks, that's writing or what's called ghostwriting. Just like how royce da 5'9 wrote for Dre and puff and others. Nowadays producers and some people get writers credit for hooks and minimal stuff. There's no one I've ever heard of in all the years I been I. Marketing that wrote his kyrocs
I got people including his head of marketing that still work from him. I'll hit him up and dispel this falsehood

Now hopefully he didn't hit the chick but men don't go off for nothing, I ain't saying it's right but the facts need to come out

Royce da 5'9 has written for everyone. Actually a few ghost writers were responsible for Jay's Encore album.
Most rappers have writers. Actually this kid on Dre's staff wrote a song for 50. Go on his Wikipedia page and research the albums and who wrote what. Yes he was a co-writer but that doesn't mean he didn't have help writing his songs. It isn't a knock on 50. This is the trend now, this is how Kayne got on. Very rarely do you find Artist who write all their shit on their own, or the majority of their shit on their own. Like my boy said "rappers now are just actors, they read material. "

Another classic album is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Amazing album, she wrote the majority of her songs.

With the domestic violence case; that chic is petite and small, whatever she did I am sure the fucking gorilla could of just walked away. His feelings got hurt. And the authorities didn't say he was using self defense. Some of these assholes just feel the need to prove their manhood by jumping on a chic. His is a bitch.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 5 2013, 12:20 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Aware @ Jul 5 2013, 12:12 AM) *

Those are all real emcees you mentioned but just because it's your personal preference doesn't mean it's not a classic. We can go back and forth til we're blue in the face but the fact still remains that his peers and many many fans of the gene consider it a classic. And you must have disdain for dude because krs has called it a classic many years ago

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 5 2013, 12:26 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 5 2013, 12:25 PM
Post #30

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 5 2013, 09:50 AM) *
Royce da 5'9 has written for everyone. Actually a few ghost writers were responsible for Jay's Encore album.
Most rappers have writers. Actually this kid on Dre's staff wrote a song for 50. Go on his Wikipedia page and research the albums and who wrote what. Yes he was a co-writer but that doesn't mean he didn't have help writing his songs. It isn't a knock on 50. This is the trend now, this is how Kayne got on. Very rarely do you find Artist who write all their shit on their own, or the majority of their shit on their own. Like my boy said "rappers now are just actors, they read material. "

Another classic album is The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Amazing album, she wrote the majority of her songs.

With the domestic violence case; that chic is petite and small, whatever she did I am sure the fucking gorilla could of just walked away. His feelings got hurt. And the authorities didn't say he was using self defense. Some of these assholes just feel the need to prove their manhood by jumping on a chic. His is a bitch.

If Wikipedia is your source then you can stop now. Those people put anything on Wikipedia

I loved Lauren too bad she went bat girl crazy, I'm pissed how the IRS did her

How do you know he did it dolomite, it'd funny you calling him a hitch but it was proven a week before the Guerrero fight that there were photos of Josie Harris' injuries. This is why I say you have hate for the hlguy. Let the facts come out and he wasn't even arrested. Those are the facts we know so far. Should I call you a bitch for jumping out the Window whe. You don't have all the facts. Stop it man, it's getting embarrassing. You don't like then that's fine but you starting to hate just a little too hard

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 01:52 AM