Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> David Price vs Oliver McCall next????
fightscoreollect...
post Jul 9 2013, 05:39 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

Would this fight make sense for Price next??? here are my reasons why i think somebody like Oliver McCall would be a great comeback opponent for David Price.

* McCall's chin is still rock solid - Price will be forced to go the full 10 rounds here where his stamina will be tested. Mentally doing the 10 rounds should do him wonders after gassing after 3 vs Thomson.

*Price will have 10 rounds to work on his technique eg: keeping an aggressive guy away with his jab and being able to move around the ring against a slower opponent.

*McCall still has a "name" if he comes to the UK, the history with Lennox Lewis will also help sell the fight.

*McCall is still dangerous at 48, there is no point getting guys who will last 2-3 Rounds vs Price, McCall will be in the fight until the last bell.

If McCall is not the guy then Price needs to fight durable guys, as i have already mentioned, there is no point in Price blasting somebody out. He needs to work on the things that let him down so badly vs Thompson - Stamina, his jab and his movement. McCall gives him this for 10 rounds and is at 48 a live opponent.

Would you bet against McCall to land a big shot after the Thompson-Price 2 fight???? i certainly wouldnt. Lewis also knows a lot about McCall, what better man to train him for the fight???

Thoughts please on the above, AND if no McCall, who should Price fight and why??

cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Franchize
post Jul 9 2013, 11:06 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

If he was smart he'd come test Seth Mitchell and was him up real quick while building his fan base in the US against an overhyped bum. Shit maybe even Arreola

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jul 9 2013, 11:07 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:27 AM