IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Provodnikov vs Alvarado-Preview and Poll!, Topiic Updated! Poll Added! Vote and Comment.
Provodnikov-Alverado Winner?
Who Wins This Potential War?
Provodnikov by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Provodnikov by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
Alverado by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [28.57%]
Alverado by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alverado by TKO/KO [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser In Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7

checkleft
post Jul 11 2013, 09:41 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 11 2013, 07:45 AM) *
If he watched the Braldey/Provodnikov fight, then he'd be smart enough to box. Unfortunately, "smart" and "Alvarado" dont even belong in the same sentence.

I'm reading that Alvarado isn't pleased with the money offered for this fight. Just how much was he expecting? I guess we'd have to know how much he made in the Rios rematch, to know that. It sucks that he beat Rios, but Rios is able to move on to a bigger payday. Smh

He actually makes a good point. He's been in two maybe three foty candidates, he deserves a good little pay day. He said he wants 1.25 (what Rios made for their rematch) because HE is the champ and ruslan just lost. He said he wants to get paid like a champ, just like brandon did when he was champ.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 11 2013, 09:50 AM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I am still trying to figure out why Alvarado isn't fighting Pacquiao. That is the question that needs to be answered.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 11 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 11 2013, 10:50 AM) *
I am still trying to figure out why Alvarado isn't fighting Pacquiao. That is the question that needs to be answered.

simple...arum is a piece of shit who punishes fighters for beating his guys....and rewards his guys for losing.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 11 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #24

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 11 2013, 01:45 PM) *
If he watched the Braldey/Provodnikov fight, then he'd be smart enough to box. Unfortunately, "smart" and "Alvarado" dont even belong in the same sentence.

I'm reading that Alvarado isn't pleased with the money offered for this fight. Just how much was he expecting? I guess we'd have to know how much he made in the Rios rematch, to know that. It sucks that he beat Rios, but Rios is able to move on to a bigger payday. Smh

Well he did box in the Rios rematch, although at times got caught in a slugfest.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 12 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #25

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 09:12 PM) *
He sure isn't good for boxing. I don't really think he ever has been, when he's out of boxing I think those powers that be will try to make it seem like he's the best promoter of all time and how great he was and call him an ambassador of the sport. To me his legacy will be that he outlasted Don king lol

He doesn't do right by his fighters. And he definite doesn't try to hide that fact. I don't care, white or black, or Mexican. He doesn't give a damn about the fighters all he cares about is the bottom line or shall I say his bottom line. I understand that it's a business, really I do but I also believe in business, that people should act in good faith. People like Arum are hurting the sport i love

The problem is, what boxing promoter EVER put his fighters interest's first before his business' bottom line? I think money is the first priority for all of them.

Jack

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 16 2013, 07:49 AM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Are you serious?? Ruslan KO's this kid easily, the first big bomb that lands and Alvo is either on his back or on his bike the rest of the fight; either way he loses.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 11 2013, 10:41 AM) *
He actually makes a good point. He's been in two maybe three foty candidates, he deserves a good little pay day. He said he wants 1.25 (what Rios made for their rematch) because HE is the champ and ruslan just lost. He said he wants to get paid like a champ, just like brandon did when he was champ.

He sure does make a good point, and I cant fault him for that. On the other hand, Provodnikov DID lose his last fight, but had he not had Bradley flopping around the ring like a wet chicken, then nobody would even be interested in a Provodnikov/Alvarado fight. So in a sense, Provodnikov raised the value of this potential fight (by impressively losing his last fight). If he didnt "appear" to be a threat, then nobody would even care about this fight.

Brandon did get paid pretty good as champ, but let's face it, Rios is (and always will be) marketable than Alvarado, hence why he got a Pacquiao fight and Alvarado didn't.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 11 2013, 06:51 PM) *
Well he did box in the Rios rematch, although at times got caught in a slugfest.

Didn't Bradley do the same thing? Lol

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 16 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #28

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 16 2013, 07:49 AM) *
Are you serious?? Ruslan KO's this kid easily, the first big bomb that lands and Alvo is either on his back or on his bike the rest of the fight; either way he loses.

I don't think Alverado will fall like that. He's tough as shit and will most likely get stopped late. If Alverado could box some and mix it up too, he might win some rounds, When Bradley boxed against Ruslan, he made the fight look easy. But when Tim brawled it was life and death for him. Alvarado COULD use a combination of boxing and brawling to give Ruslin things to think about, but he won't. Most likely this will be a brawl. Ruslin TKO 8.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 16 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #29

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

First this fight is bullshit, simply because Mike Alvarado should be fighting Pacquiao and Ruslan. Rios and Ruslan fight would be a hell of a lot more interesting than Rios and Manny. Mike got fucked over by Bob big time. I hope the winner of Bradley and Marquez, faces the winner of Ruslan and Alvarado. Alvarado deserves a shot at the big lights and well as Ruslan. Manny of course will have his pick of the draw if he beats Rios. Now if Rios wins then he should look to what happened to Rigondeaux when you beat the house fighter. Either way, Mike gets the screw job in this fight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 17 2013, 03:28 PM
Post #30

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 01:56 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/provodnikov-agr...on-10-19--67521

What do you guys think of this? We are having a great year in boxing

Here's my take: yes we're having some great match ups but then again Bob Arum has always been able to do just that especially when the case concerns fighters that he controls. Bob is in the position to milk all of his best fighters vs one another anytime he wants because he gets the Lion's share regardless of which guy wins or loses.

The problem we have with Top Rank (I call them Top STANK) is that he doesn't want to do straight up honest business with GBP or especially with Floyd which is why we never will see Floyd vs Pac.

Hopefully the old fart just passes gas into eternity soon so that we can hopefully get someone who will really do business from a business standpoint and not a personal one in the manner in which Bob "I was lying yesterday but I'm telling the truth today" Arum does it.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:38 PM