Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gary Russell Jr. vs. Abner Mares
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Mares vs. Russell Jr.: I like this fight. It would test both fighters. Mares wants and Russell wants the fight. Who would yawl this fight? It would be interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Mares vs. Russell Jr.: I like this fight. It would test both fighters. Mares wants and Russell wants the fight. Who would yawl this fight? It would be interesting.

i thought russell was fighting ponce de leon? i'll be happy when this dude starts stepping up his comp. he seems to have great skills. test them shits and stop calling out the juanma lopez's and ponce de leons of the world.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2013, 02:39 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 02:34 PM) *
i thought russell was fighting ponce de leon? i'll be happy when this dude starts stepping up his comp. he seems to have great skills. test them shits and stop calling out the juanma lopez's and ponce de leons of the world.

Mares is a dirty fighter at times but he would mawl Gary. Too much experience and too much confidence, Russell hasn't fought anyone near abners caliber yet.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Mares is a dirty fighter at times but he would mawl Gary. Too much experience and too much confidence, Russell hasn't fought anyone near abners caliber yet.

mares gets away with murder. they fucked agbeko in both his fights against mares. they let him do whatever he wanted against moreno as well. his days are numbered. he knows rigondeaux will beat him. i know russell hasn't been tested...but i like his chances against mares.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 11:49 AM) *
mares gets away with murder. they fucked agbeko in both his fights against mares. they let him do whatever he wanted against moreno as well. his days are numbered. he knows rigondeaux will beat him. i know russell hasn't been tested...but i like his chances against mares.

He has a fight in August and who knows who he will be fighting next. I hope he gets Mares early next year. It should be a great bout.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 10 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #6

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I agree with Professor (as usual). I like Russell Jr a lot, he has the skills but he hasn't had any worthy opponents. Even Terrence Crawford already made a name for himself with his last 2 fights and those were the first I've seen of him. I have a feeling if he gets too used to these easy fights then he will be overwhelmed when someone forces him out of his gameplan and needs to adapt on the fly. As long as Russell can take a hit then i see it going for him but Mares is also really good so if Russell comes in underestimating then he will get upset.

Rigondeaux beats both of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aikido.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 10 2013, 08:10 PM) *
I agree with Professor (as usual). I like Russell Jr a lot, he has the skills but he hasn't had any worthy opponents. Even Terrence Crawford already made a name for himself with his last 2 fights and those were the first I've seen of him. I have a feeling if he gets too used to these easy fights then he will be overwhelmed when someone forces him out of his gameplan and needs to adapt on the fly. As long as Russell can take a hit then i see it going for him but Mares is also really good so if Russell comes in underestimating then he will get upset.

Rigondeaux beats both of them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aikido.gif)

yessir!!!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 11 2013, 01:41 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Russell by UD. He hasn't fought anyone yet per se, but once he get one of these belt holders in the ring, he will prove his skills are the real deal. As for him and Ponce De Leon, Ponce is the one begging for that fight, I think Gary whips him as well

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 11 2013, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 11 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 03:39 PM) *

Pretty much what Im thinking. I just cant see him dealing with Mares. Abner is one of those dudes that needs to be handled from the opening bell, to the final bell. Any inconsistencies, and he'll step on the gas and mow you down.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 11 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #10

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

[video][/video]
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 11 2013, 02:41 AM) *
Russell by UD. He hasn't fought anyone yet per se, but once he get one of these belt holders in the ring, he will prove his skills are the real deal. As for him and Ponce De Leon, Ponce is the one begging for that fight, I think Gary whips him as well

Prior to the Mares/PDL fight, GRJ said he wanted the winner....well, he's getting the loser. LOL. I agree, I think GRJ beats Mares. I like Mares, but I just don't see what everyone else is seeing in Mares over GRJ. I get Mares has fought the better comp, but I think people ride TOO much on that. I mean, who has Mares faced, that everyone thinks would've beaten GRJ? Lastly, I agree. The days of WSUP (Martin's Lawerence's radio show from the show Martin) "charity" fights are over.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 11:52 AM