Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gary Russell Jr. vs. Abner Mares
jordanbstopps
post Jul 31 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #41

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,967

I think Gary Russell Jr wins this fight, too talented and fast for anyone in the super-featherweight division.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 31 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2013, 06:30 PM) *
berto has fought some very good opposition....

estrada
collazo
quintana
forbes
urango
ortiz
guerrero...

his last 11 opponents have a combined record of 313-23. that's very respectable. russel's resume doesn't have a recognizable name on it...his last 11 opponents are a combined 235-68. i used 11 because that was how far i went back with recognizable names on berto's resume. berto is 28-2 and has held a belt. russell is 22-0 and is fighting a guy who has 6 losses in a row.

i don't understand why berto gets the bad rap. actually...i do. it's because people listen to pencil neck commentators and journalists that don't know shit about boxing.

berto gets a bad rap because everytime he steps up he looks like absolute shit. Even in the zavek fight if it wasn't for zaveks face not holding up he would have been done, he was already barely keeping up.

But maybe he needs to sit back and get some soft touches in for a while until him and hunter get used to each other

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 31 2013, 05:41 PM) *
berto gets a bad rap because everytime he steps up he looks like absolute shit. Even in the zavek fight if it wasn't for zaveks face not holding up he would have been done, he was already barely keeping up.

But maybe he needs to sit back and get some soft touches in for a while until him and hunter get used to each other

what i meant about the bad rap was concerning his opposition.

as for his performance....part of the problem is like virgil hunter has said...he doesn't have a boxing identity. if you look at any of his fights....even the ones he won impressively, he has not been consistent...especially defensively. i agree...he and hunter should spend more time in the gym together and berto will improve. his shoulder is a serious issue so the time off is going to be in order. even though he won't be able to spar and hit the bags...there is plenty he can work on. for starters, his balance and something as simple as keeping his hands up. he needs to go back to square one and re-tool himself.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Jul 31 2013, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 07:16 AM