IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rigos situation is getting heated!, Jabs, threats, this thing is building up.
checkleft
post Jul 11 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeauxs-man...-mistake--67553

Rigis manager is going off on Hbo and threatening arum if he doesn't do his job, this is getting more than interesting
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 11 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 11 2013, 06:06 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeauxs-man...-mistake--67553

Rigis manager is going off on Hbo and threatening arum if he doesn't do his job, this is getting more than interesting

I read this article early today. Showtime might be able to snatch Rigondeux away from HBO. Let's be honest, HBO is in love knockout artist and crowd pleasers. There is no room for Rigondeaux on HBO. I think this is a perfect opportunity for someone to buy out his contract and go elsewhere. Arum is pissed cause Rigondeaux exposed his golden goose in Donaire. This is pure bullshit. Arum is a piss of shit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 11 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm glad Rigo's team has decided to step up and not be silent on the matter. Ever since he best Nonito, Arum has gone out of his way to discredit the accomplishments of Rigondeaux, he just wants the money from the fighters he could truly care less. it's obvious he has fighters in his roster that he doesn't really care for. He should just release them and let them go to a better situation if he feels he can do nothing for them. But then again that would be like showing compassion and we know he ain't that type of dude.

There are some good matches to be made if he was to switch over to showtime. Hyde is right, HBO will come to regret this decision if they keep disrespecting Rigondeaux and other boxers like this as well. I'm willing to bet a lot of money that they diss Ward one of these days. May happen if he fights JCC Jr. They favor his style over the technician type

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 11 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 11 2013, 08:14 PM) *
I read this article early today. Showtime might be able to snatch Rigondeux away from HBO. Let's be honest, HBO is in love knockout artist and crowd pleasers. There is no room for Rigondeaux on HBO. I think this is a perfect opportunity for someone to buy out his contract and go elsewhere. Arum is pissed cause Rigondeaux exposed his golden goose in Donaire. This is pure bullshit. Arum is a piss of shit.

Okay here is the twist with this shit, after I read that he is only CO-PROMOTED by top rank I remembered that he held out on his top rank extension until his other promotional company was included in the extension! So what that technically means? Idk??? Can he basically say fuck top ranks part of the deal, make fights with the other company and then just have to give arum his percentage of whatever he earns??? Because I really doubt arum goes to showtime to get rigo a fight and risks jeopardizing his relationship with Hbo who hates showtime.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 14 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

If I owned a time machine, I'd send myself back to the exact moment that Rigondeaux was signing the TR extension. Hurtling through the time portal, I would have appeared just as Guillermo was about to sign, shouting "Rigon-DON'T!!"

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 14 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 15 2013, 12:10 AM) *
If I owned a time machine, I'd send myself back to the exact moment that Rigondeaux was signing the TR extension. Hurtling through the time portal, I would have appeared just as Guillermo was about to sign, shouting "Rigon-DON'T!!"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 14 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 15 2013, 12:10 AM) *

That's why they call you cheesy lol

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 15 2013, 01:37 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

It would be so great to see Rigo on Showtime

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 15 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 15 2013, 12:53 AM) *
That's why they call you cheesy lol
So true...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 16 2013, 06:46 AM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Let's be honest, HBO is in love knockout artist and crowd pleasers.

Agreed 100%!!! I couldn't have said it better myself, if anyone watched the fight game with Jim Lampley you can hear how he practically picked over Rigo's style and went on to say how fan friendly it wasn't and then to top matters off he brings on another clown to discredit Floyd's choice of Canelo and make it sound as though the only reason Floyd accepted this fight was for the money (and all the while I was thinking "tell me one fighter who doesn't fight for the most cash").

Arum I believe was the culprit in the TB vs Provo fight; meaning he told Tim that he had to make this more of a brawl because Arum knew it was a double positive for him-if TB fights this way and scores a KO then he can promote him better on HBO and say how he has changed his style to be more "fan friendly" and if Provo wins (which he really knew it was Ruslan's only chance if the fight were a brawl) and especially by KO he can start to promote his future Cashcow again, especially if MP loses to Rios.

This whole entire debacle about crowd pleasers and KO artist (though I love em just as much as the next guy but appreciate a good technical scrap as much) has escalated due to the way MMA fights usually end in spectacular KO fashion or quickly and somehow those action juice junkies have precipitated their need for the same fix in boxing thus ignoring the more technically sound Master Boxers like Floyd and Rigo in favor of the Rios's and Alvarado's of the sport.

HBO is making sure that Arum is only pushing his crowd pleasers on their network because they say this is what the fans want to see, if Rigo is smart he should buy his way out of his contract with Arum and dump HBO for Showtime (where they will talk up his technical brilliance much in the way they are doing with Floyd), something HBO never did.

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Jul 16 2013, 06:46 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 05:40 AM