IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rigos situation is getting heated!, Jabs, threats, this thing is building up.
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 23 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #11

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,954

I lol'd when he said he and mayweather are the best two fighters in the world.

Bitch please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 23 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 11 2013, 11:39 PM) *
Okay here is the twist with this shit, after I read that he is only CO-PROMOTED by top rank I remembered that he held out on his top rank extension until his other promotional company was included in the extension! So what that technically means? Idk??? Can he basically say fuck top ranks part of the deal, make fights with the other company and then just have to give arum his percentage of whatever he earns??? Because I really doubt arum goes to showtime to get rigo a fight and risks jeopardizing his relationship with Hbo who hates showtime.

TR is doing their best to be his primary promoter, why not go along with Rigo's request to have his primary promoter be a part of his extension? This is where the cookie crumbles...his primary promoter will have the hardest of times getting him big fights and tv dates.

If HBO doesn't want to put Rigo on their network, and that's WITH Top Rank being the guys with all of the juice (so to speak), then what is his matchbox promoter going to do when things really get rough, and Rigo cant even get FNF dates?

With that in mind, I see Top Rank playing the "let me take the lead on this one, I can get him better fights and tv dates" with his current promoter. Arum may not be able to do shit with Rigo, but as long as he can take the wheel with his career, he's accomplished something in this nasty situation.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 23 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 23 2013, 05:26 PM) *
I lol'd when he said he and mayweather are the best two fighters in the world.

Bitch please.

skillwise rigo is in top three

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 23 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

This is an piece I wrote showing how the history of HBO's, bias, jump-started by Jim Lamply hurts Rigondeaux so much. It's basically a summation of all of the problems with HBO that we have been talking about. A move to Showtime may not only be the best option, it may be the only option available so that Rigo gets the respect he is due, and will never get positive recognition from HBO commentary or HBO producers.

HBO Commentary and Jim Lamply Bias

“My response in a question to why Guillermo Rigondeaux is bashed by HBO. This is nothing new and is a pattern that has been developing for YEARS!”

The blatant disrespect given by HBO to elusive stylist Guillermo Rigondeaux is due to Jim Lamply's pom-pom shaking for Rocky-type wars from now on, over slick boxers with no personality or a negative personality. HBO commentary implies slick boxers with a hated personality are boring. HBO's recipe for success is you either have to be a vicious brawler or at least a likable pretty boy. The pretty boy mindset began with Jones and Delahoya, which to Merchant and Lamps were ok, until Roy started Cherry Picking his opposition.

Jim Lamply’s first cheerleading was for Oscar Delahoya in a sickening way, almost as if he had a love relationship with him. Go back to Trinidad-Delahoya were not one complimentary word was said about Tito the whole fight! Jim Lamply loved the media darling Delahoya. Merchant was suspended for a telecast because he once said Delahoya's entrance music "sucked." Trinidad-Delahoya was the beginning of Jim Lamply's bias favoring certain fighters on the network.

It got where it was today with Gatti. Gatti was a thrilling slugger. Gatti was HBO’s next pom-pom shaker, but he was also a B-grade fighter who was rewarded and lost several fights in the process. Ward-Gatti I was a great fight! The second a third fights, over-rated by everyone because Lamply personified what was acceptable to him for the network. The likable slugger. In addition, Merchant played this time along with the slugging mentality at HBO Boxing. Arturo Gatti was the beginning of where Jim Lamply’s commentary created group think at HBO for the whole crew Jim Lamply, Larry Merchant, Roy Jones, and Manny Steward to begin the slugger (Gatti) or lovable boxer (Delahoya) agenda.

When Floyd Mayweather came along and out-boxed the shit out of Gatti, HBO didn't like that at all, and treated Floyd akin to a wrestling comparison, the badass, the villain who just beat their "Hulk Hogan." in Gatti There was some understanding because of Floyd being a POS, hated, and not likeable. What HBO did not remember is how much money and the significance that that "POS" brought to the network. Floyd Mayweather became one of the best Pound-For-Pound fighters in the sport. HBO didn't have their Rocky, their Hulk Hogan, and that made Lamply upset. However, it also planted the seed, and Floyd knew damn well what HBO was thinking over the years, in Lamply's and Merchant's eyes, "Boxers are boring, and Floyd's not a "Goody Two Shoes" personality like Delahoya."

Jim Lamply's and HBO's "Wet Dream" was the emergence of Pacquaio. That was their new Gatti, new Hulk Hogan, new poster boy for everything great about boxing was in that package, A likably slugger. "Pacquaio, Pacquiao, Pacquiao! “Bang! Bang Bang!” That was what Lamply and Merchant wanted in the next Gatti only better. That's when they REALLY started shitting on the "boring boxer." Keep the Klitschko's off the network, they aren't exciting enough. Floyd, according to Jim and Larry, like the Klitschkos, was boring. In fact, HBO THOUGHT they had the potential for some thrills with the Lewis-Vitali brawl, and Lennox got better treatment at HBO that doesn't necessarily fit the "love a brawler model." Nevertheless, Vitali's exile and brother Wlad not being exciting since Brewster I was not enough. HBO had too many boring fights from Wlad, no matter how much he dominated with his height, jab, and ability to break fighters down with the size and reach.

When HBO's poster boy for what's great and lovable about boxing Pacquiao lost to Tim Bradley there was some justification because it was still a bad decision, but no where near the shut-out that the Lamply's pom-pom shaking for Manny made it out to be. Most objective observers gave Tim four rounds. The bias in HBO's commentary of the Bradley-Pacquiao fight was nauseating. If you could stand to listen to it, you would have thought that fight was Holmes (Pacquiao) beating Cobb. (Bradley.) because HBO made it seem like it was so one-sided.

Tim Bradley was hated at HBO because he beat their Hulk Hogan in Pacquaio and made Lamply cry. So much money, time, and promotional energy was HBO and the crew counting on Mayweather-Pacquaio happening, because HBO wanted Floyd to get his ass handed to him. When Marquez fought Pacquaio in three of the closest, most microscopically close fights you could score, (I thought the first was the most marginal for Manny because I thought the early knockdowns were too big a lead for Marquez to recover.) HBO liked it because their boy Manny would still come out a winner.

The seeds were planted. Now if you aren't a Rocky type fighter at HBO, you aren't shit! Moreover, poor Rigondeaux now has to face those consequences. They are bringing back Donaire, and Lamply's pom-poms to go gaga over him once again and THAT is sickening. The ONLY way to get HBO back to somewhat of a respectable state where boxers can be appreciated. Lamply has to go! His overt bias for the slugger has gotten worse and worse for the past decade. I can understand and appreciate that when a fight is a brawl, Lamps can be thrilling to hear. HBO producers and commentators need to realize that just because a fight is a boxing match that does not make it “boring.”

Showtime builds quality two-sided fights that the public wants to see. HBO is still looking for their next Rocky, where it has become so biased against elusive boxers that I now watch HBO for movies and consider Showtime the leader for boxing broadcasts in terms of its commentary integrity and for the most part, just calling the fight, no pom-pom shaking. HBO's production values and new graphics have been shit since January or so with the new graphics and Steve Wisefeld there, WTF? They are going with "Fat Dan" Rafael as some sort of boxing consultant now. Everyone accept Top Rank is leaving HBO for the reasons stated above.

Jack

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 23 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Say what you want about this style vs that style...HBO still had two of the best fights of the year...and the crowd at the rios/alvarado2 fight was insane...seriously only sat down once in that fight..not one moment of silence.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 24 2013, 09:04 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 23 2013, 10:38 PM) *
This is an piece I wrote showing how the history of HBO's, bias, jump-started by Jim Lamply hurts Rigondeaux so much. It's basically a summation of all of the problems with HBO that we have been talking about. A move to Showtime may not only be the best option, it may be the only option available so that Rigo gets the respect he is due, and will never get positive recognition from HBO commentary or HBO producers.

HBO Commentary and Jim Lamply Bias

“My response in a question to why Guillermo Rigondeaux is bashed by HBO. This is nothing new and is a pattern that has been developing for YEARS!”

The blatant disrespect given by HBO to elusive stylist Guillermo Rigondeaux is due to Jim Lamply's pom-pom shaking for Rocky-type wars from now on, over slick boxers with no personality or a negative personality. HBO commentary implies slick boxers with a hated personality are boring. HBO's recipe for success is you either have to be a vicious brawler or at least a likable pretty boy. The pretty boy mindset began with Jones and Delahoya, which to Merchant and Lamps were ok, until Roy started Cherry Picking his opposition.

Jim Lamply’s first cheerleading was for Oscar Delahoya in a sickening way, almost as if he had a love relationship with him. Go back to Trinidad-Delahoya were not one complimentary word was said about Tito the whole fight! Jim Lamply loved the media darling Delahoya. Merchant was suspended for a telecast because he once said Delahoya's entrance music "sucked." Trinidad-Delahoya was the beginning of Jim Lamply's bias favoring certain fighters on the network.

It got where it was today with Gatti. Gatti was a thrilling slugger. Gatti was HBO’s next pom-pom shaker, but he was also a B-grade fighter who was rewarded and lost several fights in the process. Ward-Gatti I was a great fight! The second a third fights, over-rated by everyone because Lamply personified what was acceptable to him for the network. The likable slugger. In addition, Merchant played this time along with the slugging mentality at HBO Boxing. Arturo Gatti was the beginning of where Jim Lamply’s commentary created group think at HBO for the whole crew Jim Lamply, Larry Merchant, Roy Jones, and Manny Steward to begin the slugger (Gatti) or lovable boxer (Delahoya) agenda.

When Floyd Mayweather came along and out-boxed the shit out of Gatti, HBO didn't like that at all, and treated Floyd akin to a wrestling comparison, the badass, the villain who just beat their "Hulk Hogan." in Gatti There was some understanding because of Floyd being a POS, hated, and not likeable. What HBO did not remember is how much money and the significance that that "POS" brought to the network. Floyd Mayweather became one of the best Pound-For-Pound fighters in the sport. HBO didn't have their Rocky, their Hulk Hogan, and that made Lamply upset. However, it also planted the seed, and Floyd knew damn well what HBO was thinking over the years, in Lamply's and Merchant's eyes, "Boxers are boring, and Floyd's not a "Goody Two Shoes" personality like Delahoya."

Jim Lamply's and HBO's "Wet Dream" was the emergence of Pacquaio. That was their new Gatti, new Hulk Hogan, new poster boy for everything great about boxing was in that package, A likably slugger. "Pacquaio, Pacquiao, Pacquiao! “Bang! Bang Bang!” That was what Lamply and Merchant wanted in the next Gatti only better. That's when they REALLY started shitting on the "boring boxer." Keep the Klitschko's off the network, they aren't exciting enough. Floyd, according to Jim and Larry, like the Klitschkos, was boring. In fact, HBO THOUGHT they had the potential for some thrills with the Lewis-Vitali brawl, and Lennox got better treatment at HBO that doesn't necessarily fit the "love a brawler model." Nevertheless, Vitali's exile and brother Wlad not being exciting since Brewster I was not enough. HBO had too many boring fights from Wlad, no matter how much he dominated with his height, jab, and ability to break fighters down with the size and reach.

When HBO's poster boy for what's great and lovable about boxing Pacquiao lost to Tim Bradley there was some justification because it was still a bad decision, but no where near the shut-out that the Lamply's pom-pom shaking for Manny made it out to be. Most objective observers gave Tim four rounds. The bias in HBO's commentary of the Bradley-Pacquiao fight was nauseating. If you could stand to listen to it, you would have thought that fight was Holmes (Pacquiao) beating Cobb. (Bradley.) because HBO made it seem like it was so one-sided.

Tim Bradley was hated at HBO because he beat their Hulk Hogan in Pacquaio and made Lamply cry. So much money, time, and promotional energy was HBO and the crew counting on Mayweather-Pacquaio happening, because HBO wanted Floyd to get his ass handed to him. When Marquez fought Pacquaio in three of the closest, most microscopically close fights you could score, (I thought the first was the most marginal for Manny because I thought the early knockdowns were too big a lead for Marquez to recover.) HBO liked it because their boy Manny would still come out a winner.

The seeds were planted. Now if you aren't a Rocky type fighter at HBO, you aren't shit! Moreover, poor Rigondeaux now has to face those consequences. They are bringing back Donaire, and Lamply's pom-poms to go gaga over him once again and THAT is sickening. The ONLY way to get HBO back to somewhat of a respectable state where boxers can be appreciated. Lamply has to go! His overt bias for the slugger has gotten worse and worse for the past decade. I can understand and appreciate that when a fight is a brawl, Lamps can be thrilling to hear. HBO producers and commentators need to realize that just because a fight is a boxing match that does not make it “boring.”

Showtime builds quality two-sided fights that the public wants to see. HBO is still looking for their next Rocky, where it has become so biased against elusive boxers that I now watch HBO for movies and consider Showtime the leader for boxing broadcasts in terms of its commentary integrity and for the most part, just calling the fight, no pom-pom shaking. HBO's production values and new graphics have been shit since January or so with the new graphics and Steve Wisefeld there, WTF? They are going with "Fat Dan" Rafael as some sort of boxing consultant now. Everyone accept Top Rank is leaving HBO for the reasons stated above.

Jack

Spot on Jack...couldn't agree more.

HBO has blatantly shown their thong as of late, and their private yacht club attitude, is a total disservice to their current situation. They have a veeeery limited selection of fights that will excite, but yet, the beggar is still being choosy? I'm lost here.

I took every ounce of pleasure in watching Rigo systematically deflate HBO's humping balloon, when he beat Donaire for 12 whole rounds. It's like could sense the life being sucked out of them, as Rigo kept his cool and took Donaire's soul. Donaire had that "Rubik's Cube" type of disappointment, written all over his face for the entire fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 24 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 24 2013, 09:04 AM) *
Spot on Jack...couldn't agree more.

HBO has blatantly shown their thong as of late, and their private yacht club attitude, is a total disservice to their current situation. They have a veeeery limited selection of fights that will excite, but yet, the beggar is still being choosy? I'm lost here.

I took every ounce of pleasure in watching Rigo systematically deflate HBO's humping balloon, when he beat Donaire for 12 whole rounds. It's like could sense the life being sucked out of them, as Rigo kept his cool and took Donaire's soul. Donaire had that "Rubik's Cube" type of disappointment, written all over his face for the entire fight.

The best part about that night is after the fight when donaire said it was his fault and he was looking to "excite" the crowd and trying to get a ko, then they interview rigo and he says "you can't expect to win a fight with one punch".

I also love the donaire quote where he thanked rigo for "showing me some beautiful boxing"... Then shortly after he shitted on that and started making excuses.

Maybe Hbo should look to televise some mma or something, I'm sure Dana white would love Jim lampley Lmao

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 24 2013, 09:55 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 24 2013, 10:47 AM) *
The best part about that night is after the fight when donaire said it was his fault and he was looking to "excite" the crowd and trying to get a ko, then they interview rigo and he says "you can't expect to win a fight with one punch".

I also love the donaire quote where he thanked rigo for "showing me some beautiful boxing"... Then shortly after he shitted on that and started making excuses.

Maybe Hbo should look to televise some mma or something, I'm sure Dana white would love Jim lampley Lmao

Dude was on the seesaw of delusion in that post-fight interview, poor Donaire. He wanted to please the crowd so bad, but he also wanted to cover up the fact that he got his ass handed to him. I wanted to tell him that it's only considered "beautiful boxing", if effectively competing with that beautiful boxing, not if you're getting shut down every round. He made it seem like he edged most of the rounds or somethin'.

That shoulder excuse was a bunch of bull. I mean really, did Donaire really need his shoulder that night? From the looks of it, the answer was "no". Dana White's too much of a jerk (with very good reason), to be a part of HBO. He tends to tell the truth and put the media on blast...I see HBO avoiding him like the plague. Lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 24 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

donaire's body looked like shit that fight. he split with conte midway through the camp. let's see what he looks like from here on out with out his special mix from victor "i can beat any test out there" conte.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 24 2013, 03:41 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 24 2013, 01:32 PM) *
donaire's body looked like shit that fight. he split with conte midway through the camp. let's see what he looks like from here on out with out his special mix from victor "i can beat any test out there" conte.

And he basically trains himself... It seems like he isn't taking boxing so seriously especially the last few fights. Here's a suggestion, how about spending an actual camp with your fucking head trainer?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 05:30 AM