IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

Cshel86
post Jul 12 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 10:33 AM) *
2.5 million PPV buys?

I wonder what Cshels has to say?

Cshel can tell ya that it wont sell 2.5M. What's up with you guys getting excited and throwing these wild numbers around. The only 2M+ buys that I can project, is if Mayweather/Pacquiao ever happens to be made, but that's about it.

I'm just glad that the Matthysse hopefuls can shut their traps about a fighter ducking another.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 12 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 12 2013, 10:22 AM) *
i would like to see a rematch between rosado and love in a 12 rounder. man i wish russel jr vs mares would have been on there. o well

Love is suspended for a few months so that will not happen.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 12 2013, 11:49 AM) *
Cshel can tell ya that it wont sell 2.5M. What's up with you guys getting excited and throwing these wild numbers around. The only 2M+ buys that I can project, is if Mayweather/Pacquiao ever happens to be made, but that's about it.

I'm just glad that the Matthysse hopefuls can shut their traps about a fighter ducking another.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You still think Pac and Mayweather could do that many numbers? Interesting. Would you buy that fight, even now?

I am glad this fight is happening. It will be very interesting. I wonder what Haymon deal was for both fighters?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 12 2013, 02:27 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

all the danny garcia haters gotta be feeling real stupid right about now. duck my ass.

they're going to feel even more stupid when danny puts matthysse's head to bed.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 12 2013, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 12 2013, 03:27 PM) *
all the danny garcia haters gotta be feeling real stupid right about now. duck my ass.

they're going to feel even more stupid when danny puts matthysse's head to bed.

Sig bet? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 12 2013, 02:49 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Plah @ Jul 12 2013, 03:40 PM) *

why not? we might as well get a few more in on this...i'll start the thread.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 12 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 03:11 PM) *

You still think Pac and Mayweather could do that many numbers? Interesting. Would you buy that fight, even now?

I am glad this fight is happening. It will be very interesting. I wonder what Haymon deal was for both fighters?

Hell yeah Pac/May will still do those types of numbers. You have to keep in mind, how many clueless fans still wanna see that fight. I've got responses from old heads who haven't watched boxing since the Heavyweight days, who said they'll order that fight.

We all know that Matthysse took short money for this fight. Danny has two straps, no way in hell it was gonna be anywhere close to a 50/50. Now, those sanctioning fees for both of those titles, may have both guys looking to make the same type of money. Who knows though.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 12 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 03:11 PM) *

Hell yes and Yes.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 12 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 12 2013, 11:56 AM) *
Hell yeah Pac/May will still do those types of numbers. You have to keep in mind, how many clueless fans still wanna see that fight. I've got responses from old heads who haven't watched boxing since the Heavyweight days, who said they'll order that fight.

We all know that Matthysse took short money for this fight. Danny has two straps, no way in hell it was gonna be anywhere close to a 50/50. Now, those sanctioning fees for both of those titles, may have both guys looking to make the same type of money. Who knows though.

So you would order this fight? Wow. I actually think this will be May's last fight. No way Pac gets a 50/50 split. More like 70/30. This fight lost its luster in 2010. But I see your point.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 12 2013, 12:15 PM) *
Hell yes and Yes.

So who you got in the fight? And why does this fight still intrigue you?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 12 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #19

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 06:50 PM) *
So you would order this fight? Wow. I actually think this will be May's last fight. No way Pac gets a 50/50 split. More like 70/30. This fight lost its luster in 2010. But I see your point.

You think Canelo or are you saying Manny will be Mayweather's last fight?

And I'd definitely order this fight as I'm sure that I wouldn't even be able to sniff a seat in the MGM if this fight were to happen.....Pacquiao may have gotten ko'd but he was still one of the best of his era and so is Floyd. If he can best Rios and get another win under his belt next year, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight wasn't called for by the media and fans again.

Arum can spin his next few fights as the rebirth of Manny. He's a loveable character in the eyes of many fans and people will always want to see Mayweather lose as long as he's boxing. I think the fight definitely lost something but i'm not completely sold that it's down and out

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 12 2013, 07:56 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 06:50 PM) *

Oh and I'm sure you'll be happy to know that there are reports that Floyd called off his engagement to Miss Jackson lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/offtopic.gif)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:49 AM