IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

emd01
post Sep 12 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #161

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2013, 02:22 PM) *
Good job dude. I think you nailed it with most of them

I still don't know who the bigger guy is though. Chels is saying Danny has been to big for 140 and supposedly there was a glitch last time Lucas fought where his unofficially weight was shown at 160 something. And I think Lucas has a reach advantage

As for the hooks, I still can't decide who has the better hook. The classic rule in boxing is don't ever hook with a hooker (we saw lamont learn the hard way), but they are both very good with their left hooks! This is a very even match up

I think the best key you mentioned was about Danny starting fast, he needs to discourage Lucas as fast as possible. If he comes out slow and gets caught cold he could lose his legs for the rest of the fight.

garcia without a doubt. the kid is huge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 12 2013, 07:45 PM
Post #162

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 12 2013, 04:22 PM) *
Good job dude. I think you nailed it with most of them

I still don't know who the bigger guy is though. Chels is saying Danny has been to big for 140 and supposedly there was a glitch last time Lucas fought where his unofficially weight was shown at 160 something. And I think Lucas has a reach advantage

As for the hooks, I still can't decide who has the better hook. The classic rule in boxing is don't ever hook with a hooker (we saw lamont learn the hard way), but they are both very good with their left hooks! This is a very even match up

I think the best key you mentioned was about Danny starting fast, he needs to discourage Lucas as fast as possible. If he comes out slow and gets caught cold he could lose his legs for the rest of the fight.

i've studied the tapes.... danny throws a variety of hooks. matthysse's is pretty much standard. i'm guessing if they start trading hooks...danny can and will shorten his up. he's got a beautiful check hook that he hasn't used in a while. danny is definitely the bigger of the two.

i can't begin to tell you how excited i am about this fight. it's fucking thursday and i got butterflies like i'm about to fight!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Sep 12 2013, 10:51 PM
Post #163

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 12 2013, 08:45 PM) *
i've studied the tapes.... danny throws a variety of hooks. matthysse's is pretty much standard. i'm guessing if they start trading hooks...danny can and will shorten his up. he's got a beautiful check hook that he hasn't used in a while. danny is definitely the bigger of the two.

i can't begin to tell you how excited i am about this fight. it's fucking thursday and i got butterflies like i'm about to fight!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm just about on the same level professor. People are talking about these fights almost where ever I've been this week. BOXING's DEAD MY ASS!!! They (the media) are putting a lot of pressure on my guy Matthysse to be this killer that'll just put on the same result against DG, that has been the case in recent past. That in it of itself is heavy weight to carry into such a high caliber event that none of these guys tasted before, here's to hoping this and that Shaefer comparison to pacquiao's status doesen't back fire.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 13 2013, 01:37 AM
Post #164

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Garcias dad was annoying today! Wth was that?!? Usually he is on his A game, Wtf! Angel. Sounds like he's trying to hard to sell a fight that doesn't need selling.. he came off lame. What kind of self respecting Puerto rican pulls out the "American" card Lmao. I bet you if he gets a Floyd fight he's gonna be like "100% Puerto riceņo all the way" to try to get the island behind him smh..

Aside from that crap he was spewing, I'm still amped for this shit! Can't wait!

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 13 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #165

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Angel Garcia is a mad man! Man he was talking some much needed shit for this fight. Matthysse had a look of complete un-interest. There is no way Matthysse is going to let Angel fuck with his head. He seemed straight up all about business. Got to love Angel!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 13 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #166

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Got my Danny Garcia t-shirt in the mail yesterday....bitchessss!!!!

He better make somethin' happen tomorrow night dammit, because that t-shirt cost me $36! Yall know Im broke! LOL

Anyhow, I like emdo1's assessment, pretty solid. I'd also suggest, just by watching their past fights, Danny needs to of course, keeping turning Lucas, and move his head when they're in front of each other. Under no circumstances, should Danny back STRAIGHT up with his head exposed.

Lucas throws a lot of straight punches, which dont appear to have much sting on them. When I say "appear", I'm looking at it from a "on the outside looking in" standpoint. Ever been to a track meet? From a distance, it doesn't look like they're running as fast, but up close...oh boy, you can feel the wind when they run by you. That's how Lucas's punches look.

Anyhow, Lucas is the shorter guy, and is KNOWN to dip low and throw overhand shots (hooks) on his way in...sort of like Salido does. Danny's best bet is to punch, clinch, turn, and go to the body with straight punches, just to trick Lucas, then try and land his hook. The safer body shots are the straight shots, but something tells me that Danny going to try and throw hooks to the body.

When I say I feel like a kid on Christmas...Christmas Eve that it!

PS: All of this excitement better run its course throughout the remainder of this month. Suddenly I've caught a case of amnesia when it comes to this $75 PPV charge. My cable bill is already $150, and that's WITHOUT this NFL package, which is $37/monthly until January.

My lady just asked me last night, "When are we going out again, where we'll get to "dress up" (read: "When is the next time we'll go to another expensive restaurant?")??? Mind you, coming from Tallahassee last Sunday, I got a ticket for going 66 in a 45 mph zone, in this bum ass hick town, and I STILL haven't called to see how much the ticket is. With that in mind, it'll probably be naked trees and brisk winds, by the time we go on a big date again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
emd01
post Sep 13 2013, 01:20 PM
Post #167

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 13 2013, 08:46 AM) *

He better make somethin' happen tomorrow night dammit, because that t-shirt cost me $36! Yall know Im broke! LOL

Anyhow, I like emdo1's assessment, pretty solid. I'd also suggest, just by watching their past fights, Danny needs to of course, keeping turning Lucas, and move his head when they're in front of each other. Under no circumstances, should Danny back STRAIGHT up with his head exposed.

Lucas throws a lot of straight punches, which dont appear to have much sting on them. When I say "appear", I'm looking at it from a "on the outside looking in" standpoint. Ever been to a track meet? From a distance, it doesn't look like they're running as fast, but up close...oh boy, you can feel the wind when they run by you. That's how Lucas's punches look.

Anyhow, Lucas is the shorter guy, and is KNOWN to dip low and throw overhand shots (hooks) on his way in...sort of like Salido does. Danny's best bet is to punch, clinch, turn, and go to the body with straight punches, just to trick Lucas, then try and land his hook. The safer body shots are the straight shots, but something tells me that Danny going to try and throw hooks to the body.

PS: All of this excitement better run its course throughout the remainder of this month. Suddenly I've caught a case of amnesia when it comes to this $75 PPV charge. My cable bill is already $150, and that's WITHOUT this NFL package, which is $37/monthly until January.

My lady just asked me last night, "When are we going out again, where we'll get to "dress up" (read: "When is the next time we'll go to another expensive restaurant?")??? Mind you, coming from Tallahassee last Sunday, I got a ticket for going 66 in a 45 mph zone, in this bum ass hick town, and I STILL haven't called to see how much the ticket is. With that in mind, it'll probably be naked trees and brisk winds, by the time we go on a big date again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Youre a crazy dude Cshel. This whole thing had me cracking up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

I agree with your assessment, especially about Danny not backing up.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Sep 13 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #168

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 13 2013, 07:46 AM) *

Are you going to iron your shirt or is your girl?

Man, I can't wait for this fight. It is going to be exciting from the opening bell. They both have something to prove and if danny wins, hands down he is the best 140 fighter, that would set up a Broner and Garcia fight. Let's GO!

NFL package? Dude, switch to Dish! I pre ordered the fight two weeks ago, My shit is going to be sky high! Oh well

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #169

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Sep 13 2013, 01:37 AM) *
Garcias dad was annoying today! Wth was that?!? Usually he is on his A game, Wtf! Angel. Sounds like he's trying to hard to sell a fight that doesn't need selling.. he came off lame. What kind of self respecting Puerto rican pulls out the "American" card Lmao. I bet you if he gets a Floyd fight he's gonna be like "100% Puerto riceņo all the way" to try to get the island behind him smh..

Aside from that crap he was spewing, I'm still amped for this shit! Can't wait!

puerto rico is a u.s. territory that recently voted in favor of statehood. it probably won't ever happen....but a lot of puerto ricans consider themselves americans....especially the ones born here. he made the point that a lot of puerto ricans have shed blood for the u.s.a and that's the troof. he's got a point about danny being disrespected and all of the promoters showing no love to american born fighters. floyd gets no respect, ward gets no respect...and on a lesser scale...danny gets no respect either.

i think danny and his pops seem really confident. i can't wait to see this fight. even though i'm favoring danny in this match up...i'm not counting lucas out. he's capable of ending it with one punch. the only thing i can say with certainty is that the best man will win saturday.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 13 2013, 02:58 PM
Post #170

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 13 2013, 10:46 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) cshel accounting for all his spending. fuck it! it's only money! where u get your danny garcia shirt? what's it look like?

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 09:00 AM