IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

Dolimite
post Jul 18 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #41

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jul 18 2013, 12:16 PM) *
Its official

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup_anim.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 18 2013, 06:14 PM
Post #42

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Vote in the poll everyone!

I picked Matthysse by TKO/KO I will say in the 9th round. Matthysse seems to be getting better and better with each fight. Garcia is good, but doesn't seem to be getting better and better with each fight. I think Danny will be leery of Lucus' power and Matthysse will wear him down. Now, if this is the older version of Matthysse who is known to fade late in fights and Danny brings his A-game, Garcia has a better chance. But I am only going to put Garcia's chances at 40% for a win. 60% favors Matthysse. He is going to be too powerful, and too strong, too everything. Garcia won't get a second wind if Matthysse lowers the bomb. Danny may fight to survive. And if Matthysse lowers the bomb early and Danny gets hurt, it will be a mismatch.

Garcia needs the version of Matthysse that fought Alexander and Judah to show up in order to win. Than it will be a competitive fight. However, an A-game Matthysse beats Garcia down and likely stops him.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 18 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 18 2013, 07:14 PM) *
Vote in the poll everyone!

I picked Matthysse by TKO/KO I will say in the 9th round. Matthysse seems to be getting better and better with each fight. Garcia is good, but doesn't seem to be getting better and better with each fight. I think Danny will be leery of Lucus' power and Matthysse will wear him down. Now, if this is the older version of Matthysse who is known to fade late in fights and Danny brings his A-game, Garcia has a better chance. But I am only going to put Garcia's chances at 40% for a win. 60% favors Matthysse. He is going to be too powerful, and too strong, too everything. Garcia won't get a second wind if Matthysse lowers the bomb. Danny may fight to survive. And if Matthysse lowers the bomb early and Danny gets hurt, it will be a mismatch.

Garcia needs the version of Matthysse that fought Alexander and Judah to show up in order to win. Than it will be a competitive fight. However, an A-game Matthysse beats Garcia down and likely stops him.

Jack

That's a good prediction and observation.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 18 2013, 07:24 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i got garcia by ko.

i think ppl are making way too much of matthysse's string of ko's. danny has been in with faster strong punching fighters. he knows what to do and he will. he's going to take away those wide shots from matthysse and break him down before he knocks him out. danny is a philly fighter who understands what needs to be done.

can't wait to see angel rile up the matthysse camp. argentenians seem to be uptight people. this should be interesting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 18 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #45

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 18 2013, 04:40 PM) *
That's a good prediction and observation.

This fight is going to be worth that 74 dollars! Molina and Ishe Smith just got added to the card. This is going to be a hellva fight night!!!!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 19 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #46

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 18 2013, 07:24 PM) *
i got garcia by ko.

i think ppl are making way too much of matthysse's string of ko's. danny has been in with faster strong punching fighters. he knows what to do and he will. he's going to take away those wide shots from matthysse and break him down before he knocks him out. danny is a philly fighter who understands what needs to be done.

can't wait to see angel rile up the matthysse camp. argentenians seem to be uptight people. this should be interesting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I can't pick a side. I'm sorry man but I keep trying but this is the definition of a 50/50 fight. IDK who will win this one

+Quote Post
DevJ560
post Jul 19 2013, 02:04 AM
Post #47

Amateur

Member No.: 13,610

I got Matthysse winning via mid early to mid round knockout I think Garcia gets a bit wild with his hooks and although he is faster than Matthysse. I think Matthysse gets into position better.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 19 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 18 2013, 08:24 PM) *
i got garcia by ko.

Honestly i think matthysse hooks are sharper than Dannys. Dannys are super wide they are just a bit quicker so its hard to see Danny getting on he inside of anything. I see the uppercut and straight being a major key for Danny, matthysse always eats those. He seems to see hooks coming

And I think the straight is gonna be key for matth.

This is honestly a toss up to me, my mind says Danny will stick to his gameplan like always and pull out but my gut tells me Lucas is gonna hurt this kid and either him or his father won't be able to withstand the punishment.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 19 2013, 03:46 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 19 2013, 02:33 PM) *
Honestly i think matthysse hooks are sharper than Dannys. Dannys are super wide they are just a bit quicker so its hard to see Danny getting on he inside of anything. I see the uppercut and straight being a major key for Danny, matthysse always eats those. He seems to see hooks coming

And I think the straight is gonna be key for matth.

This is honestly a toss up to me, my mind says Danny will stick to his gameplan like always and pull out but my gut tells me Lucas is gonna hurt this kid and either him or his father won't be able to withstand the punishment.

seriously....i feel the same. it's truly a 50/50 fight that either guy can win by ko. i know one thing....it ain't going to the cards. i just picked danny because i think he's a little more well rounded....and i think ppl are overestimating matthysse's string of ko's.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 19 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #50

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Let's just hope for no illness or injury shit so that this fight for sure comes off! How many think Danny's father's gonna do something stupid leading up to the fight? I think Lucus is gonna hurt him. (I mean Matthysse in "him" not his Dad!!!) Although it would be funny shit if Lucus went after the Danny's father, if or rather WHEN Dad does something. Danny seems more composed. Both of these guys businesses should be in the ring.

Danny's Dad reminds me of the Little League Father who can't control his temper with his kid showing more sense than he.

Jack

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 09:58 PM