IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

checkleft
post Aug 5 2013, 07:11 PM
Post #81

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 05:55 PM) *
Matthysse informed GB and Garcia's camp that he will not be doing the three city press tour. Now, at first I was pissed off with Lucas for doing this than I realized this is 5 weeks out from a very big fight. He needs to train. He can't waste a week on promoting a fight that is already big and highly anticipated. Plus the tours are in PR, Philly, and L.A. not much Argentine support for those tours. I am not mad at Lucas for saying fuck the press tour. Plus, Angel will have to save his shit talking for the weigh in on Friday 13, 2013!

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Lucas train in Argentina? Lol how the fuck would he be able to make that tour. Lucas made a smart choice not to mention he doesn't have to put up with Garcia and his dads nonsense

Speaking of Garcia dad, notice how quiet its been lately?? Lucas must not be just some "tough guy" If he's got the garcias training so hard that they don't have time to talk shit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 5 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 5 2013, 08:11 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Lucas train in Argentina? Lol how the fuck would he be able to make that tour. Lucas made a smart choice not to mention he doesn't have to put up with Garcia and his dads nonsense

Speaking of Garcia dad, notice how quiet its been lately?? Lucas must not be just some "tough guy" If he's got the garcias training so hard that they don't have time to talk shit

lucas just silenced angel by not participating in the press conference. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) smart move...it that was his intention.

either way...expect angel to talk mad shit on the days leading up to the fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 5 2013, 09:25 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

From what I read from Danny he says they are being really technical and taking their time with everything in camp, you guys think this is because Lucas seems to be starting off a lot quicker in recent matches? Take him to deep waters and hope dannys power is enough or he runs out of steam?

As for Lucas side his trainer emphasized them working with left hooks and defending against the straight as well, should Lucas just come out of the corner blazing to see if Danny can take his power or should he try to break him down like ajose?

I seriously can't wait

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 6 2013, 04:20 AM
Post #84

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 5 2013, 03:35 PM) *
this press tour is a stupid idea and i wouldn't do it either!!! all that flying around is going to fatigue them. very inconsiderate of the person who came up with that idea.

GOLDEN BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 02:21 PM
Post #85

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 5 2013, 10:25 PM) *
From what I read from Danny he says they are being really technical and taking their time with everything in camp, you guys think this is because Lucas seems to be starting off a lot quicker in recent matches? Take him to deep waters and hope dannys power is enough or he runs out of steam?

As for Lucas side his trainer emphasized them working with left hooks and defending against the straight as well, should Lucas just come out of the corner blazing to see if Danny can take his power or should he try to break him down like ajose?

I seriously can't wait

where did you get this info? danny better be technical because lucas can be very precise in his delivery and he pretty much throws everything with bad intentions. danny's going to have to get his respect early. i posted training footage in the sig bet thread. looking at their mitt work....i like what i see from lucas. i may have to switch sides. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 6 2013, 02:45 PM
Post #86

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 02:21 PM) *
where did you get this info? danny better be technical because lucas can be very precise in his delivery and he pretty much throws everything with bad intentions. danny's going to have to get his respect early. i posted training footage in the sig bet thread. looking at their mitt work....i like what i see from lucas. i may have to switch sides. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

In some interview where he talked about matthysse not doing the press tour

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 6 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

Good find on the videos professor!

I like to see Danny working on his head movement and his straight punches rather then hooks (don't wanna hook with a hooker). Although matthysse hooks aren't as wide garcias are harder to see coming

Does Lucas have a reach advantage? His arms look way longer to me. He looks fast and as you said landing with mean intentions. I saw some body work which is different from what other opponents of Garcia have done. I'd Like to see him work a little more on defence though.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 08:41 PM
Post #88

Cruiserweight

lucas is 5'6 1/2 with a 69" reach

danny is 5'8 1/2 with 68 1/2" reach

pretty even. i think matthysse is wider across the chest and shoulders.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 6 2013, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #89

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 08:41 PM) *
lucas is 5'6 1/2 with a 69" reach

danny is 5'8 1/2 with 68 1/2" reach

pretty even. i think matthysse is wider across the chest and shoulders.

It looks that way. It also looks as if matthysse stretches a little more to hit his Target with that wider back and chest, there could be a openings for Danny during an exchange there with the left hook.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #90

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 06:15 PM) *
It looks that way. It also looks as if matthysse stretches a little more to hit his Target with that wider back and chest, there could be a openings for Danny during an exchange there with the left hook.

also...i have to take notice of a few things. matthysse has some huge gloves...and his trainer is wearing some big mitts. not only that...but he's slapping at lucas' punches which add to the effect. these are things some trainers do to make their guys look great...but their not really devastating. on the flipside...danny's wearing small gloves and we don't really get to hear the sound of his punches with all the editing and sound stuff. if i'm going off of pure form...i like the way lucas is looking in his video. danny is looking very ordinary as usual. mittwork is not really the end all be all indicator. some guys look like a millions bucks on the mitts but fight like shit...and some look like pure shit on the mitts but fight like champions.

they both better make sure they're closing those windows in exchanges. i see openings on both sides. what are the chances we get a double knockdown or ko in this one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:05 AM