IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Garcia vs. Matthysse: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!, Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse on Mayweather-Alverez undercard
Garcia vs. Matthysse Poll!
Who Wins and How?
Matthysse by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Matthysse by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
Matthysse by KO/TKO [ 8 ] ** [53.33%]
Garcia by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Garcia by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Garcia by KO [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 15

checkleft
post Aug 10 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #91

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 8 2013, 07:06 PM) *
also...i have to take notice of a few things. matthysse has some huge gloves...and his trainer is wearing some big mitts. not only that...but he's slapping at lucas' punches which add to the effect. these are things some trainers do to make their guys look great...but their not really devastating. on the flipside...danny's wearing small gloves and we don't really get to hear the sound of his punches with all the editing and sound stuff. if i'm going off of pure form...i like the way lucas is looking in his video. danny is looking very ordinary as usual. mittwork is not really the end all be all indicator. some guys look like a millions bucks on the mitts but fight like shit...and some look like pure shit on the mitts but fight like champions.

they both better make sure they're closing those windows in exchanges. i see openings on both sides. what are the chances we get a double knockdown or ko in this one? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Haha think this might be the first major double ko?

But all the gyms I've ever gone to the bigger punchers always wear bigger gloves or people with hand problems to.

But dannys form has never been so great, its just that he has great instincts.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 12 2013, 01:56 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 10 2013, 05:24 PM) *
Haha think this might be the first major double ko?

But all the gyms I've ever gone to the bigger punchers always wear bigger gloves or people with hand problems to.

But dannys form has never been so great, its just that he has great instincts.

his hook....although nothing like the traditional mexican hook, is a very powerful punch. he sets it up well and gets a lot of power on it. i actually like his form on that hook. there are several ways to throw it....his way is one you don't see too often. i teach that.

as for the big gloves/big puncher thing...i have a theory about that. i believe a lot of guys load up when they're wearing those big gloves which makes it very easy to see what punches are coming. what a fighter does with that telegraphed information is the difference between success and failure.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 12 2013, 03:15 PM
Post #93

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Man I know one thing, Danny better be throwing some hooks from hell, because this "Swift" t-shirt is gonna hit me for a cool $25. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Now, why did I decide to order a Garcia t-shirt? Who fuckin' knows...guess I'm just enjoying the moment. LOL

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 12 2013, 04:13 PM
Post #94

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2013, 04:15 PM) *
Man I know one thing, Danny better be throwing some hooks from hell, because this "Swift" t-shirt is gonna hit me for a cool $25. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Now, why did I decide to order a Garcia t-shirt? Who fuckin' knows...guess I'm just enjoying the moment. LOL

Shiiiit, who u tellin? I went and got me a TMT snap-back on the net for 40$...... 40$!!! And the letters on it not even sewn on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) , but it's cool I'm expecting a good fight none the less, but damn, I feel like they got me lol.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 12 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #95

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 12 2013, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 12 2013, 05:13 PM) *
Shiiiit, who u tellin? I went and got me a TMT snap-back on the net for 40$...... 40$!!! And the letters on it not even sewn on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) , but it's cool I'm expecting a good fight none the less, but damn, I feel like they got me lol.

Where do you guys go to get boxing memorabilia?? The fighters websites?

The only places I find it is when I go to an actual fight or when I stop by at a gym

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 12 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #96

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 05:20 PM) *
Where do you guys go to get boxing memorabilia?? The fighters websites?

The only places I find it is when I go to an actual fight or when I stop by at a gym

Yup, that's where I got mine.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 12 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 12 2013, 05:23 PM) *
Yup, that's where I got mine.

Thanks for the heads up.

When are we gonna have a fighter that brands themselves, like Jordan did in basketball. It would be dope, shoes, shirts, shorts, gloves, trunks ect.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 12 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #98

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 07:38 PM) *
Thanks for the heads up.

When are we gonna have a fighter that brands themselves, like Jordan did in basketball. It would be dope, shoes, shirts, shorts, gloves, trunks ect.

Yea, but Jordan got to wear/perform with his shoes, making it easier to promote when he would run, jump, and do his signature dunks in them. Plus basketball players perform way more often than a fighter. I don't know to many kats though that would walk around wearing boxing boots (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) but Kanye got these dudes out here wearing skirts and skinny jeans too so I guess anything possible lol. Maybe shirts and hats could work like how "affliction" did but the shoes, trunks, and gloves aren't universal enough to be as big as Jordan's IMO.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Aug 12 2013, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 12 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #99

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 12 2013, 09:46 PM) *
Yea, but Jordan got to wear/perform with his shoes, making it easier to promote when he would run, jump, and do his signature dunks in them. Plus basketball players perform way more often than a fighter. I don't know to many kats though that would walk around wearing boxing boots (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) but Kanye got these dudes out here wearing skirts and skinny jeans too so I guess anything possible lol. Maybe shirts and hats could work like how "affliction" did but the shoes, trunks, and gloves aren't universal enough to be as big as Jordan's IMO.

Like on the quick I could come up w/some shit. Like let's take Floyd for instance, he has a whole stable of fighters he could have performing in his gear. Sort of like a requirement or something, brand it "pretty boy" boxing gear and apparel or some shit Idk. I would just like to see boxers trying to branch out in other things that could make the sport more popular other than rap lol.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 13 2013, 12:06 AM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Floyd Mayweather Jr is a brand and he's branding TMT. That's a big rule in marketing. But if you listen to his interviews and the way he described TMT, he's branding it and pushing it as something bigger then boxing. If you want to push a product as far as branding it has to go beyond your sport. Boxing ain't big enough to do what yall trying to get some of these fighters to do. Floyd could be the catalyst with TMT and his name to push product in other arenas

If he or any other boxer decides to go that route he needs to link up with other companies
I see he always rocking the Reebok's when he fighting I know he got something with them on the low. Jordan's are beyond basketball. I be seeing cats who obviously have no hoopin skills rock them joints, and that goes for the shirts, shorts, etc. The consumers eat up what ever he puts out there. I think Floyd will have a tougher time branding himself in that regard because of how he's perceived by these peon's but he's a smart dude so I expect him to be successful. Hopefully he works with other companies though, that'll help him

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 09:31 AM