IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What happens to Pacquiao's career if Rios KO's him?, Does he get another top fight or what??
BrutUalBK
post Jul 12 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

You know it's funny how you can go on just about any boxing website or boxing blog and still hear Manny's delusional fans going on about how when he wins this fight it keeps the Mayweather fight alive and whatnot, it's as though JMM knocked them silly when he flattened Pacquiao. Manny's fans go on and on about Floyd ducking him and how he KO's Floyd and blah, blah blah, it's really old but it beckons two questions:

1. What happens if Rios KO's Pac? (not likely but possible)

2. If Pac wins in spectacular fashion (as many expects/suspects), does this do anything for him in the Mayweather Lottery??

Personally, I don't think beating a guy like Rios (who just came off a loss like many of Manny's other opponents: DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley......the list goes on and on) gives him any leeway into the stakes of the Money Lottery. I still hold that MP should revenge Bradley and then JMM in that order after this fight with Rios to prove that those victories were flukes/didn't really mean much and then he can call out Floyd.

Your thoughts???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Dolimite
post Jul 12 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 12 2013, 12:10 PM) *
You know it's funny how you can go on just about any boxing website or boxing blog and still hear Manny's delusional fans going on about how when he wins this fight it keeps the Mayweather fight alive and whatnot, it's as though JMM knocked them silly when he flattened Pacquiao. Manny's fans go on and on about Floyd ducking him and how he KO's Floyd and blah, blah blah, it's really old but it beckons two questions:

1. What happens if Rios KO's Pac? (not likely but possible)

2. If Pac wins in spectacular fashion (as many expects/suspects), does this do anything for him in the Mayweather Lottery??

Personally, I don't think beating a guy like Rios (who just came off a loss like many of Manny's other opponents: DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley......the list goes on and on) gives him any leeway into the stakes of the Money Lottery. I still hold that MP should revenge Bradley and then JMM in that order after this fight with Rios to prove that those victories were flukes/didn't really mean much and then he can call out Floyd.

Your thoughts???

One word: Arum.

The moment Arum wants to actually cash out on Pac then the fight will happen. Until then, it doesn't matter if he loses he will still be a big cash cow. Rios and Pac can always rematch him. This fight is in Macau. Rios is not getting a decision. He has to knock the shit out of Pac to win. I don't think Pac just breezes by Rios. It will be a slug fest so we shall see. But if Manny loses he can still fight other people, Jessie Vargas comes to mine.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 12 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 12 2013, 02:17 PM) *
One word: Arum.

The moment Arum wants to actually cash out on Pac then the fight will happen. Until then, it doesn't matter if he loses he will still be a big cash cow. Rios and Pac can always rematch him. This fight is in Macau. Rios is not getting a decision. He has to knock the shit out of Pac to win. I don't think Pac just breezes by Rios. It will be a slug fest so we shall see. But if Manny loses he can still fight other people, Jessie Vargas comes to mine.

Yeah, we all know that Arum is the real culprit of why the fight with Floyd (or against any other TR fighter) has not happened. We know that this is a slugfest that Arum feels MP can win because Rios has a face first defense just like Margarito did and it is purposely designed this way to make MP look great, the real slap in the face will be if he puts Pac to sleep.

I think MP's stock drop immensely if he loses by KO to Rios and Cashcow or no Cashcow he'd never get a fight against Floyd if that happens. What does MP have to do to get a fight with Floyd (ASSuming Arum allows it)?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 12 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 12 2013, 04:59 PM) *
Yeah, we all know that Arum is the real culprit of why the fight with Floyd (or against any other TR fighter) has not happened. We know that this is a slugfest that Arum feels MP can win because Rios has a face first defense just like Margarito did and it is purposely designed this way to make MP look great, the real slap in the face will be if he puts Pac to sleep.

I think MP's stock drop immensely if he loses by KO to Rios and Cashcow or no Cashcow he'd never get a fight against Floyd if that happens. What does MP have to do to get a fight with Floyd (ASSuming Arum allows it)?

I'd say, that he needs to take out the winner of Bradley-Marquez (my bets on Bradley) In a more than convincing fashion to let everybody know that he still is what he once was.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 12 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

if margarito couldnt knock manny out, then rios aint. no way in hell. if rios knocks out pacquiao i will quit watching boxing.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 13 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Seriously never want to hear about pac/floyd until Pac is not signed with Top Rank.

But I dont think pac will gets KO'd.I think it will be a great fight tho mid ko for pac.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 13 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 12 2013, 11:18 PM) *
if margarito couldnt knock manny out, then rios aint. no way in hell. if rios knocks out pacquiao i will quit watching boxing.

Margarito couldnt knock out anyone with out his plaster blocks

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 13 2013, 03:12 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

If he gets knocked out by Rios, I think he should retire, however if that happens I still see Arum putting him in there a few more times to squeeze every last penny he can out of Pacquiao's career

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Jul 13 2013, 04:10 AM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

His career will be over in more ways than one, Arum will give him fights against people he really shouldn't be fighting just for the money. I don't see Rios being able to beat Pacquiao any how

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 13 2013, 04:14 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Jul 13 2013, 02:15 AM) *
Margarito couldnt knock out anyone with out his plaster blocks

apparently neither could tito trinidad either

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 12:28 PM