IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> danny garcia vs lucas matthysse, sig bet thread...
mrchitown
post Aug 29 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #91

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (emd01 @ Aug 29 2013, 12:11 PM) *
What round was this exactly? I just watched the fight last week and cant remember anyone getting stunned but the man whos ass hit the floor.

You need to re watch. And which fighter are you speaking of Lucas or Garcia.

He hurt Danny late and I saw him hit Lucas and Lucas was reluctant to throw at times. Just because you hit the canvas doesn't mean.your hurt.

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Aug 29 2013, 02:17 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 29 2013, 03:27 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 28 2013, 10:33 PM) *
soto wasn't tho

soto was a shot 130lb fighter...and he was on his heels for most of the fight. that was a good one! i was there.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 29 2013, 03:34 PM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 01:18 PM) *
I really don't think the winner of this fight (in how ever fashion) should immediately cash out on a fight with Mayweather. If anything fighting the winner of Broner-Maidana (when/if made) would make a lot more sense before going in that route. A fight that would be PPV worthy in its own right for people to see.

i agree. the problem is....floyd has to fulfill his contractual obligation and there aren't many sacrificial lambs available. hopefully this fight ends quickly and decisively. i get the feeling both guys are going to come out severely diminished ala cotto/margarito.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 29 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #94

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 29 2013, 04:34 PM) *
i agree. the problem is....floyd has to fulfill his contractual obligation and there aren't many sacrificial lambs available. hopefully this fight ends quickly and decisively. i get the feeling both guys are going to come out severely diminished ala cotto/margarito.

I'm thinking the same, and this is why I'm sort of laughing at the notion of Khan-Alexander winner being talked up a few weeks ago as a possible opponent also. For one, Khan hasen't even avenged neither of his losses nor has he had a statement win since Maidana, and two Devon Alexander IMO needs the kind of statement win that could leave the Bradley fight in the past because to me honestly the only impressive win so far since was against Maidana with him being at 147lbs. for the first time. Right now the JWW is shining more than WW for GBP which is a bust because how can u sell the people a good opponent for Mayweather if he is to get past Canelo (a big JMW) unscathed? This is why I'm holding to the notion that whatever may happen on 9/14, they may go for a rematch next May, giving the "hot tickets" around the division a chance to build some more clout between and little bit after that time.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 29 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #95

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 05:06 PM) *
I'm thinking the same, and this is why I'm sort of laughing at the notion of Khan-Alexander winner being talked up a few weeks ago as a possible opponent also. For one, Khan hasen't even avenged neither of his losses nor has he had a statement win since Maidana, and two Devon Alexander IMO needs the kind of statement win that could leave the Bradley fight in the past because to me honestly the only impressive win so far since was against Maidana with him being at 147lbs. for the first time. Right now the JWW is shining more than WW for GBP which is a bust because how can u sell the people a good opponent for Mayweather if he is to get past Canelo (a big JMW) unscathed? This is why I'm holding to the notion that whatever may happen on 9/14, they may go for a rematch next May, giving the "hot tickets" around the division a chance to build some more clout between and little bit after that time.

i'm hoping canelo really goes for the win because i believe it's like brother nazim richardson said....when you push floyd to fight....he shines and his brilliance comes out. i also get the feeling that the rematch won't be necessary.

+Quote Post
emd01
post Aug 29 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #96

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,811

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 29 2013, 11:09 AM) *
You need to re watch. And which fighter are you speaking of Lucas or Garcia.

He hurt Danny late and I saw him hit Lucas and Lucas was reluctant to throw at times. Just because you hit the canvas doesn't mean.your hurt.

I meant Lucas and I dont need to rewatch the fight. Judah didnt hurt Matthysse one time in that fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 29 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #97

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 29 2013, 03:27 PM) *
soto was a shot 130lb fighter...and he was on his heels for most of the fight. that was a good one! i was there.

Say what? Anybody who puts an effort like that against Lucas is not shot, have to disagree with you here professor.
QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Aug 29 2013, 04:06 PM) *

there's plenty of good match ups at 147 coming up that will leave a handful of opponents for Floyd win or lose against canelo (cause you guys are talking like he already beat alvarez).

Khan Alexander winner, broner maidana winner, Lucas Danny winner, I know I'm forgetting at least one. And then you still have Thurman, ortiz (if he gets a few solid wins) and if all else fails a catchweight fight against martinez or dare I say it even at 160. He has plenty of names to finish out his contract. This isn't even including Bradley who could be out of his contract with arum towards the end of mayweathers showtime deal.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 29 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 29 2013, 05:10 PM) *
Say what? Anybody who puts an effort like that against Lucas is not shot, have to disagree with you here professor.

there's plenty of good match ups at 147 coming up that will leave a handful of opponents for Floyd win or lose against canelo (cause you guys are talking like he already beat alvarez).

Khan Alexander winner, broner maidana winner, Lucas Danny winner, I know I'm forgetting at least one. And then you still have Thurman, ortiz (if he gets a few solid wins) and if all else fails a catchweight fight against martinez or dare I say it even at 160. He has plenty of names to finish out his contract. This isn't even including Bradley who could be out of his contract with arum towards the end of mayweathers showtime deal.

ok. maybe shot wasn't the right word...but definitely not his best weightclass.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 29 2013, 06:42 PM
Post #99

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 29 2013, 06:10 PM) *

For one, my post is only to suggest IF Floyd were to get past Alverez. To me this fight can go either way, but if it were to go in Mayweather favor in the same manner that most of his fights have gone, then to me it sort of devalues the possibility of those potential fights u mentioned to sell up to its full potential if either were to match up against him in the aftermath of there upcoming fights, because Canelo is being built as the BIGGEST threat to Mayweather since Mosley or De La Hoya... And by big, I mean big guy, big puncher with acceptional speed and reflexes. It would be hard to argue that any of the guys u mentioned at this point besides maybe TB would match as big of a threat to Mayweather as Canelo is right now, but maybe, maybe, if the winners of those fights, in sort of a tournament style (if u will), match against each other, then perhaps we'd have something.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Aug 29 2013, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 4 2013, 11:29 AM
Post #100

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Garcia by TKO in 2

*straight trolling*

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 05:14 AM