Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who wins these fights and how?, Broner vs Maidana & GGG vs Martinez
Kratza
post Jul 13 2013, 04:32 AM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

Broner vs Maidana is a good fight because Maidana wants to catapult himself into the worlds best and the paydays they bring and Broner wants to prove why he is one of the few elite P4P fighters in the world. Personally I can see Maidana being able to beat Broner with these as the deciding factors:
Broner is pretty flat footed, Maidana won't quit coming forward, Maidana has undeniable punching power and Broners chin hasn't been tested, we haven't seen if Broner has managed to carry his power up from lightweight and Maidana is the best fighter Broner would have faced

Now GGG vs Martinez I can only see going one way, a Martinez UD he's just too slick and I don't care about GGG's power because he hasn't faced a fighter like Sergio before and I believe he will have a lot of trouble in landing his power
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 13 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 13 2013, 04:32 AM) *
Broner vs Maidana is a good fight because Maidana wants to catapult himself into the worlds best and the paydays they bring and Broner wants to prove why he is one of the few elite P4P fighters in the world. Personally I can see Maidana being able to beat Broner with these as the deciding factors:
Broner is pretty flat footed, Maidana won't quit coming forward, Maidana has undeniable punching power and Broners chin hasn't been tested, we haven't seen if Broner has managed to carry his power up from lightweight and Maidana is the best fighter Broner would have faced

Now GGG vs Martinez I can only see going one way, a Martinez UD he's just too slick and I don't care about GGG's power because he hasn't faced a fighter like Sergio before and I believe he will have a lot of trouble in landing his power

Both are excellent fights that I would be interested in seeing as a Boxing fan. In a Broner-Maidana fight I see terrific action and boxing skills. I just don't see Maidana beating Broner unless he lands a devastating punch that ko's Broner. I see Broner winning a UD around 115-113 or even 116-112. I'm assuming this fight would be at 140 or 147. Broner may not enjoy getting hit, but who does? And I think he takes a better shot than we give him credit for. I see the Martinez-GGG fight as a coin flip. Martinez just needs to get healthy. He didn't look good his last fight because I don't believe he was ready. He needed more time from previous injuries suffered in Chavez fight, he really took a beating that 12th round. We have to give Martinez the credit as the man at Middleweight until beaten in ring or retired. With that said GGG prolly gets the nod because HBO says so.

This post has been edited by xxxxxx: Jul 13 2013, 08:40 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 13 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Kratza @ Jul 13 2013, 02:32 AM) *

Broner vs. Maidana: Maidana has faced stiff competition is a season veteran in the sport. He can take a punch and he can give it. He has heart. He was down in the Ortiz fight and came back and crushed him. Broner has had soft touches, i thought he showed many flaws in his fight with Paulie. He relies too much on his talent to win fights, not only that but he gets hit too much and too often, especially by punches he should not be getting hit with. If Broner tries to box Maidana (which will take great discipline to do. Broner likes showing his offense arsenal) Maidana will pressure him into a fight. He will not back away from him. All that showboating in the ring would get him hurt. Unlike Paulie, Marcos has real punching power that hurts. Remember, Broner's power did not carry to 147, it may improve at 140 but not 147.
I have no idea who wins this fight, but if Broner fights the way he did against Paulie, taking all those shots (I know it didn't hurt him) Marcos will put a hurting on him. The fight could go either way, so either split decision or a draw.

Martinez vs. GGG= If the Martinez that shows up against the one that fought Chavez Jr., I have Martinez winning all the way. Too active and accurate and smart! His foot work was beautiful, his head movement outstanding. I wouldn't leave my hands down against Genndy but too each its own. I think GGG has punching power but not necessarily lightening speed. He cuts off the ring fairly well, but could he do that for 12 rounds against a mobile and active fighter in Sergio? Sergio can take a punch. He took a big one against the Pot Head, Sergio also displayed knock out power and looked what he did to Jr.'s face! I will go with experience and all around skill, Sergio will have a UD in this fight. 8-4.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 13 2013, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Broner UD: Broner does fight flat footed but I think he shows his legs in the Maidana fight. I think he'll turn him and frustate him. Broner 9-3

Sergio Vs GGG: 1 Year ago I would have picked Sergio all the way, but age is catching up to him (finally) and inactivity due to injuries will play a huge factor in this fight. GGG is improving with every outing and will stalk Sergio til he gasses for a late round TKO.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jul 13 2013, 01:19 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Broner has shown nothing that says he can take a Maidana punch. Broner could very well get knocked the fuck out. If Broner beats Maidana impressively I am sold on him until then he is a ? in the chin department and this question will be answered soon at 147 or 140. Malignaggi hits like a 3 year old toddler. martinez gets grinded to chopped meat by GGG.. not that GGG is all that but Martinez is slipping

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 13 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

id like to see how someone like Ortiz would test Broners chin

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 13 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

People forget that maidana doesn't have a very good chin. But regardless he is "the test" for everyone, I think he can win.

Martinez is the man at 160. He has fought some giants as of late and has had some injuries but ggg doesn't have the size of these other guys and he has fought 1 legit middleweight?

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 13 2013, 11:52 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 13 2013, 09:37 AM) *
Broner vs. Maidana: Maidana has faced stiff competition is a season veteran in the sport. He can take a punch and he can give it. He has heart. He was down in the Ortiz fight and came back and crushed him. Broner has had soft touches, i thought he showed many flaws in his fight with Paulie. He relies too much on his talent to win fights, not only that but he gets hit too much and too often, especially by punches he should not be getting hit with. If Broner tries to box Maidana (which will take great discipline to do. Broner likes showing his offense arsenal) Maidana will pressure him into a fight. He will not back away from him. All that showboating in the ring would get him hurt. Unlike Paulie, Marcos has real punching power that hurts. Remember, Broner's power did not carry to 147, it may improve at 140 but not 147.
I have no idea who wins this fight, but if Broner fights the way he did against Paulie, taking all those shots (I know it didn't hurt him) Marcos will put a hurting on him. The fight could go either way, so either split decision or a draw.

Martinez vs. GGG= If the Martinez that shows up against the one that fought Chavez Jr., I have Martinez winning all the way. Too active and accurate and smart! His foot work was beautiful, his head movement outstanding. I wouldn't leave my hands down against Genndy but too each its own. I think GGG has punching power but not necessarily lightening speed. He cuts off the ring fairly well, but could he do that for 12 rounds against a mobile and active fighter in Sergio? Sergio can take a punch. He took a big one against the Pot Head, Sergio also displayed knock out power and looked what he did to Jr.'s face! I will go with experience and all around skill, Sergio will have a UD in this fight. 8-4.

i think the question isnt whether gennady can cut the ring off for 12 rounds, its can martinez hold him off for 12 and stay on the move. golovkin catches up to everyobody slowly, and he makes his opponents give up a lot of energy staying away from him. cutting off the ring takes less energy than moving on the outside does. sergio will be tired before golvkin swince hell be moving 2wice the distance gg does with every step. I think he moves thorugh sergios peppering offense and closes the distance, sergio cant hold him off forever. golovkin has sick dfense as well. He knows when to back off and when to push forward. sergio did waht he did against chavez for 11 rounds, but freddie was saying to do in mid fight, which is wat i woudl expect golovkin to pull off. chavez was too stupid to use a jab to get himself set, he didnt cut the ring off, and that allowed sergio to fight his fight. golovkin on the other hand has a vicious power jab. his jab alone could fuck sergio up if he were to jsut play chase. i think it would be round 12 by round 6 against ggg. plus i think sergio isnt hungry for this fight anyway. if this was the sergio who fought pavik, maybe he could, but that sergio made a career beating up slow stupid middleweights. he utilized his superior cardio, footwork, and handspeed to beat them dudes, golovkin matches him in every area, with more power.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 14 2013, 08:27 AM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 13 2013, 09:52 PM) *
i think the question isnt whether gennady can cut the ring off for 12 rounds, its can martinez hold him off for 12 and stay on the move. golovkin catches up to everyobody slowly, and he makes his opponents give up a lot of energy staying away from him. cutting off the ring takes less energy than moving on the outside does. sergio will be tired before golvkin swince hell be moving 2wice the distance gg does with every step. I think he moves thorugh sergios peppering offense and closes the distance, sergio cant hold him off forever. golovkin has sick dfense as well. He knows when to back off and when to push forward. sergio did waht he did against chavez for 11 rounds, but freddie was saying to do in mid fight, which is wat i woudl expect golovkin to pull off. chavez was too stupid to use a jab to get himself set, he didnt cut the ring off, and that allowed sergio to fight his fight. golovkin on the other hand has a vicious power jab. his jab alone could fuck sergio up if he were to jsut play chase. i think it would be round 12 by round 6 against ggg. plus i think sergio isnt hungry for this fight anyway. if this was the sergio who fought pavik, maybe he could, but that sergio made a career beating up slow stupid middleweights. he utilized his superior cardio, footwork, and handspeed to beat them dudes, golovkin matches him in every area, with more power.

I am not sold on GGG. People fall in love with his punching power, but he needs to be tested at his weight level. Macklin game plan was awful and he didn't try to box him, he wanted to trade punchers. Sergio's stamina rivals that of Floyd, maybe even better. How he moved around against Chavez Jr, was beautiful. If that Sergio shows up, I do not think GGG will have the stamina to keep up or even the mentality to do so. Plus Sergio has very high ring IQ. I just believe that somehow Sergio will outbox GGG and out work him. No way Sergio stands in the line of fire against someone like GGG punching potential. Plus Sergio will want to fight from the outside and pick his spots. GGG will come forward which will be ideal for Sergio's game plan.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 14 2013, 04:32 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Broner vs Maidana- This fight would be hugely entertaining but i only see this going for Broner. He may be flat footed but his defense is better than Maidanas. Maidana has the power but not alot of head movement so he will get countered all day. Maidana isn't as slick as Mallinaggi so with his come forward fighting style he will he either stopped or break through Broners defense. Breaking through Broner's defense wont be as easy as it sounds, the only reason he walked right up to Paulie was because he didnt respect his power so with Maidana he will move a little bit more to dodge each punch and make Maidana pay. Broner by KO

Sergio vs GGG: Yall are crazy if you think Sergio has a chance. I have GGG winning this by KO. Sergio does NOT have a higher boxing IQ than GGG, he is not tougher than GGG, he is not stronger than GGG, his foot work isn't as good as GGG, Sergio just isn't better than GGG. Only maybe in the speed department and i can't even say that confidently. GGG would put that pressure on Sergio and make him run around the ring and have him exerting much more energy than usual, all the while cutting him off and punching sergio while he is off balance. Sergio's outside fighting will be neutralized by GGG's pressure, so the 3 punches that he usually throws (Jab, straight, and lead hook) wont do him too good and GGG's defense will just leave him exposed all night.. ill use the quote ive heard "A Performer is only good as his last Performance"; Sergio should have lost to Murray, he got outboxed, couldn't adjust, and got worse and worse through the fight. GGG on the other hand had Macklin running until he couldn't stand anymore.. My money is definitely going for GGG; I done already told yall GGG the new man at middleweight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 02:56 AM