Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Top Rank Tournament, Lets discuss some possibilities we'd like to see
klonopinz
post Jul 14 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

OK. so we have Bradley vs Marquez, Pacquiao vs Rios, and Provodnikov vs Alvarado. Depending on how these 3 fights go, we are left with quite a bit of mix and macthing that can be done, Lets here some of your guys fantasy outcomes and what we would like to see happen in any circumstance.

I would love to see this happen,

Pacquiao > Rios
Bradley > Marquez
Alvarado > Provodnikov

So then,

Pacquiao > Bradley
Marquez > Alvarado
Provodnikov > Rios(i could see this being the next ward/gatti)

So then

Pacquiao vs Marquez 5
Bradley vs Provodnikov 2
Rios vs Alvarado 2

Anyway, they make some sick ass match ups, and a posibilty for a shitload of double and triple headers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Jul 18 2013, 10:52 AM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 15 2013, 03:00 PM) *
rios, alvarado and provodnikov are tailor made for jmm.

I wish I could agree, but there are weight classes for a reason. Again, JMM has fought guys his size, since moving up from 135 (with the exception of Floyd). He is a small guy, and I believe that Rios, Alvarado, and Provodnikov are too big for him. I know that size doesn't matter in most cases in boxing, but it will be a stretch for JMM to truly compete with these dudes at this advanced age.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 15 2013, 08:07 PM) *
Rios-- JMM turns him and counters him 'til YOU get tired of watching it. JMM all day in that one.

Provodnikov-- I like JMM in this one. Provodnikov, like Rios, refuses to avoid punches. Counter, counter, counter.

Alvarado-- w/ the exception for banging, JMM does everything better than Alvarado.

IMO, Provodnikov is the biggest "wild card", but not as "wild" as he was w/ The World Headbutting Champion

Are we talking about these fights happening at 140 or 147? At 140, maybe, but none of these at 147. Can you see him banging against these guys, or are we talking strictly counterpunching?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 18 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 18 2013, 10:52 AM) *
I wish I could agree, but there are weight classes for a reason. Again, JMM has fought guys his size, since moving up from 135 (with the exception of Floyd). He is a small guy, and I believe that Rios, Alvarado, and Provodnikov are too big for him. I know that size doesn't matter in most cases in boxing, but it will be a stretch for JMM to truly compete with these dudes at this advanced age.

Are we talking about these fights happening at 140 or 147? At 140, maybe, but none of these at 147. Can you see him banging against these guys, or are we talking strictly counterpunching?

marquez is still fast...still capable of placing well timed shots....rios and alvarado have beat the shit out of each other twice. alvarado seems to get hurt very easily these days. didn't rios hurt him with a jab? marquez ktfo's him easily. he's too flawed and easy to hit. that spells disaster. same can be said for rios. his punches are predictable than a muhfucka and i can see jmm chaining together a very nice combo to put him to sleep as well. provodnikov would probably be a little more difficult, but we can't forget...jmm can box and if you recall...timmeh was having a very easy time with him when he boxed. he didn't look bigger than timmeh to me. i stand by my original statement...also jmm has grown into the weight nicely.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 12:57 AM