Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Top Rank Tournament, Lets discuss some possibilities we'd like to see
klonopinz
post Jul 14 2013, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

OK. so we have Bradley vs Marquez, Pacquiao vs Rios, and Provodnikov vs Alvarado. Depending on how these 3 fights go, we are left with quite a bit of mix and macthing that can be done, Lets here some of your guys fantasy outcomes and what we would like to see happen in any circumstance.

I would love to see this happen,

Pacquiao > Rios
Bradley > Marquez
Alvarado > Provodnikov

So then,

Pacquiao > Bradley
Marquez > Alvarado
Provodnikov > Rios(i could see this being the next ward/gatti)

So then

Pacquiao vs Marquez 5
Bradley vs Provodnikov 2
Rios vs Alvarado 2

Anyway, they make some sick ass match ups, and a posibilty for a shitload of double and triple headers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 14 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i can't imagine a scenario where rios, alvarado or pac come out on top. prodnikov takes a lot of shots...but he seems to be less shop worn. the winner of bradley/marquez is the best of them all.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 15 2013, 11:27 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 14 2013, 09:49 PM) *
i can't imagine a scenario where rios, alvarado or pac come out on top. prodnikov takes a lot of shots...but he seems to be less shop worn. the winner of bradley/marquez is the best of them all.

I agree, JMM and Bradley beat the rest.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2013, 12:16 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Sorry, but I dont see JMM beating most of these guys. I can see him possibly edging Bradley, but I dont think he can stick with Rios, Provodnikov, or Alvarado at this stage...these are BIG 140 fighters. Any and everybody that Marquez has fought (post 135), was pretty much tailor made for him (Pac, Fedchenko, that diver Ramos, and now Bradley (somewhat)).

I'm not saying that Bradley will look terrible against JMM, but he has a style and juuuuust enough punching power to make it a war and have JMM looking good in certain parts of the fight. At this age, JMM needs those types of fights, not the Rios, Alvarado, or Provodnikov-type fighters of the world.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 15 2013, 02:00 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2013, 01:16 PM) *
Sorry, but I dont see JMM beating most of these guys. I can see him possibly edging Bradley, but I dont think he can stick with Rios, Provodnikov, or Alvarado at this stage...these are BIG 140 fighters. Any and everybody that Marquez has fought (post 135), was pretty much tailor made for him (Pac, Fedchenko, that diver Ramos, and now Bradley (somewhat)).

I'm not saying that Bradley will look terrible against JMM, but he has a style and juuuuust enough punching power to make it a war and have JMM looking good in certain parts of the fight. At this age, JMM needs those types of fights, not the Rios, Alvarado, or Provodnikov-type fighters of the world.

rios, alvarado and provodnikov are tailor made for jmm.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 15 2013, 02:32 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Why would Provo even be in the tournament? 3 fights at 140 would ruin his career. I don't see him being anything other than target practice for everybody else in the tournament. Now if you make it 147 Bradley probably beats everyone on that list.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 15 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2013, 01:16 PM) *

Rios-- JMM turns him and counters him 'til YOU get tired of watching it. JMM all day in that one.

Provodnikov-- I like JMM in this one. Provodnikov, like Rios, refuses to avoid punches. Counter, counter, counter.

Alvarado-- w/ the exception for banging, JMM does everything better than Alvarado.

IMO, Provodnikov is the biggest "wild card", but not as "wild" as he was w/ The World Headbutting Champion

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 16 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i meant this as a 147 tournament because thats where everyone is at or heading to.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 16 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 16 2013, 01:26 PM) *
i meant this as a 147 tournament because thats where everyone is at or heading to.

Alvarado vs Provo is going to be at 140. And in Denver of all places.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 16 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jul 15 2013, 02:32 PM) *
Why would Provo even be in the tournament? 3 fights at 140 would ruin his career. I don't see him being anything other than target practice for everybody else in the tournament. Now if you make it 147 Bradley probably beats everyone on that list.

I agree, them vs TB at welter would be very beneficial for him.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 12:55 AM