Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chris Arreolla vs. Seth Mitchell, Fight is in Talks
Dolimite
post Jul 17 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

So, who wins this fight and does anyone cares? Chris is done in my opinion. His fat ass will not get in shape or take the sport seriously. Seth Mitchell, has a chin that can be compared to Amir Khan. How do yawl seeing this fight play out? I think Seth takes a knockout from Chris. Chris hits heavy and we all know what Seth Mitchell does when he gets hit. Now if Chris shows up fat and out of shape than well.. Seth could win.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Jul 17 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

I have always wondered, how people who can't control their weight end up boxing. It's one of the out of the ring fundamentals. Chris ain't done, but his body won't allow him to utilize his potential. He used to be a top prospect, now he is somewhat under the radar, kinda like Tua. But the guy has heart and a strong punch.
I don't think I am ready to compare Seth's chin to Khan's. A like the guy and wish he wins...not likely though. I think Chris's experience will carry him until he KOs Seth in the later portion of the fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 17 2013, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Jul 17 2013, 05:48 PM) *
I have always wondered, how people who can't control their weight end up boxing. It's one of the out of the ring fundamentals. Chris ain't done, but his body won't allow him to utilize his potential. He used to be a top prospect, now he is somewhat under the radar, kinda like Tua. But the guy has heart and a strong punch.
I don't think I am ready to compare Seth's chin to Khan's. A like the guy and wish he wins...not likely though. I think Chris's experience will carry him until he KOs Seth in the later portion of the fight.

I agree. I think chris can ko Mitchell, he's relentless has a iron chin and has a strong punch. What happened to stiverne?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 17 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

arreolla is going to put seth to sleep. he's still got enough left. i think the arreolla that got beat up by stiverne beats mitchell. let's move on to the new young up-and-comers.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jul 17 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I think Mitchell TKO's Arreola in a high action fight. I think Arreola's style as a brawler, is a more inviting target for a guy like Mitchell to hit, than would be the case with a slick counter punching boxer. Though SM does have a glass jaw, I like his chances better in this fight than with a guy with a boxing IQ. Arreola is gonna need to be in more shape than he was fighting against Stiverne, because he's dealing with a guy who attacks relentlessly to both the body and head, and his punches are more compact than Stiverne's...... I'm gonna keep throwing Deotay "chicken legs" Wilder's name in these HW discussions until he's put in there with lions instead of sheep and let us see what he's really got. I know his handler's will probably wait and see if he can crack that 30/30 KO streak, but boxing usually teaches never to have high expectations. Have him fight the winner or loser and I'll be interested lol.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 18 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 17 2013, 04:58 PM) *
So, who wins this fight and does anyone cares? Chris is done in my opinion. His fat ass will not get in shape or take the sport seriously. Seth Mitchell, has a chin that can be compared to Amir Khan. How do yawl seeing this fight play out? I think Seth takes a knockout from Chris. Chris hits heavy and we all know what Seth Mitchell does when he gets hit. Now if Chris shows up fat and out of shape than well.. Seth could win.

Arreola is NOT done. Sheesh...a guy loses a couple of fights, and suddenly, he's "done"?! Man, everybody cant be undefeated like Floyd, ya know?

Arreola is either out of shape in fights, or he's in decent shape, but doesn't take the opponent seriously...but done?! Nah

I honestly think that if Seth is FIRST and ALWAYS first in this fight, then he'll have some success. That's the only thing that bothers Arreola...consistency. Stiverne showed us that in the last fight. He stayed on Chris the whole time, and stuck to the game plan. He didn't get in a war of exchanges, he just pressured Chris and kept the body work going.

Gosh, you can be the most cynical poster, if it has nothing to do with Floyd. Why even say, "Does anybody care?" Why even open the thread, if you dont care? Im not trying to be a jerk, but c'mon man. Let's see where this fight takes the HW division.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 18 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #7

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 18 2013, 06:03 AM) *
Arreola is NOT done. Sheesh...a guy loses a couple of fights, and suddenly, he's "done"?! Man, everybody cant be undefeated like Floyd, ya know?

Arreola is either out of shape in fights, or he's in decent shape, but doesn't take the opponent seriously...but done?! Nah

I honestly think that if Seth is FIRST and ALWAYS first in this fight, then he'll have some success. That's the only thing that bothers Arreola...consistency. Stiverne showed us that in the last fight. He stayed on Chris the whole time, and stuck to the game plan. He didn't get in a war of exchanges, he just pressured Chris and kept the body work going.

Gosh, you can be the most cynical poster, if it has nothing to do with Floyd. Why even say, "Does anybody care?" Why even open the thread, if you dont care? Im not trying to be a jerk, but c'mon man. Let's see where this fight takes the HW division.

The last time Chris A. was mentioned I could of sworn you were the main one talking shit about how fat he was and how he looked like shit against Stiverne. So please, spare me the pious bullshit. No one on this thread or board looks at Chris to be a major threat at the heavy weight level. He does not take the sport of boxing seriously. We can all agree to that. Chris has talent but refuses to capitalize on this. And the reason why I said do we care, for one, Seth Mitchell beating Chris Arreolla will do nothing for his career, second Arreolla beating Seth Mitchell is nothing to brag about. The guy is very inexperienced. I like Seth, he is a Michigan man and he seems to be chilled as hell. Again, what does Floyd has to do with this conversation? NOTHING. I also opened up three other threads before this, Gary Russell vs. Mares, Trainers and fighters, and the thread about women and boxing. What the hell is with all the unnecessary criticism? I am Floyd fan but I don't mention the cat every waking moment like yawl. This fight in my opinion can go really wrong for Seth. he does not need to lose to a guy like Arreolla. And it is not the fact that Arreolla loses fights it is how he loses them. He comes in out of shape and completely unprepared. Let's not pretend that Chris is Mr. Disciplined Boxer, because he isn't. Cshels, you have posted many of thread with back handed compliments and all out sarcasm. Most of your post are laced with sarcasm. So come buddy, let's not play that game.

My opinion on this fight, if Seth loses to Chris, he is back at square one, if Chris wins, which I have predicted he will, then he is still going to be looked at a pretender. Beating Seth is a name on his resume that should already be laced with top contenders. Chris, with his bad habits between fights is his own worse enemy. He took a lot of punishment and his last fight and I do not care how great your chin is, those beatings add up.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jul 18 2013, 09:46 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 18 2013, 10:38 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 18 2013, 10:43 AM) *
The last time Chris A. was mentioned I could of sworn you were the main one talking shit about how fat he was and how he looked like shit against Stiverne. So please, spare me the pious bullshit. No one on this thread or board looks at Chris to be a major threat at the heavy weight level. He does not take the sport of boxing seriously. We can all agree to that. Chris has talent but refuses to capitalize on this. And the reason why I said do we care, for one, Seth Mitchell beating Chris Arreolla will do nothing for his career, second Arreolla beating Seth Mitchell is nothing to brag about. The guy is very inexperienced. I like Seth, he is a Michigan man and he seems to be chilled as hell. Again, what does Floyd has to do with this conversation? NOTHING. I also opened up three other threads before this, Gary Russell vs. Mares, Trainers and fighters, and the thread about women and boxing. What the hell is with all the unnecessary criticism? I am Floyd fan but I don't mention the cat every waking moment like yawl. This fight in my opinion can go really wrong for Seth. he does not need to lose to a guy like Arreolla. And it is not the fact that Arreolla loses fights it is how he loses them. He comes in out of shape and completely unprepared. Let's not pretend that Chris is Mr. Disciplined Boxer, because he isn't. Cshels, you have posted many of thread with back handed compliments and all out sarcasm. Most of your post are laced with sarcasm. So come buddy, let's not play that game.

My opinion on this fight, if Seth loses to Chris, he is back at square one, if Chris wins, which I have predicted he will, then he is still going to be looked at a pretender. Beating Seth is a name on his resume that should already be laced with top contenders. Chris, with his bad habits between fights is his own worse enemy. He took a lot of punishment and his last fight and I do not care how great your chin is, those beatings add up.

Who doesnt talk about how fat Arreola is? He can be a threat at HW, especially against Mitchell, who has been hurt by lesser fighters. How in the world can beating Arreola do NOTHING for Mitchell's career? C'mon man, an Arreola fight is a step up for Mitchell. If Arreola can do nothing for Mitchell's career, then why would it be such a disaster, if Mitchell lost?

A loss doesn't always equate to being back at square one. Some guys do look good in a losing effort, you know that, right? How will Chris look like a pretender, if he wins against Mitchell? Please explain that. You started out good here, but your posts nowadays, are all too reminiscent of Allmenjoi's posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

For the record, it's "Cshel"...I'm not sure where the 'S' at the end, is coming from. Oh yeah, that's right, you've always been perpetually shitty at spelling names while trying to make a point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 18 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

why all the hate on Seth Mitchell? He rematched banks and won, thats more than most people do. Banks was never anything special and he didn't take advantage of what was infront of him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 18 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 18 2013, 08:38 AM) *
Who doesnt talk about how fat Arreola is? He can be a threat at HW, especially against Mitchell, who has been hurt by lesser fighters. How in the world can beating Arreola do NOTHING for Mitchell's career? C'mon man, an Arreola fight is a step up for Mitchell. If Arreola can do nothing for Mitchell's career, then why would it be such a disaster, if Mitchell lost?

A loss doesn't always equate to being back at square one. Some guys do look good in a losing effort, you know that, right? How will Chris look like a pretender, if he wins against Mitchell? Please explain that. You started out good here, but your posts nowadays, are all too reminiscent of Allmenjoi's posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

For the record, it's "Cshel"...I'm not sure where the 'S' at the end, is coming from. Oh yeah, that's right, you've always been perpetually shitty at spelling names while trying to make a point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

? I won't even ask.

What has Arreolla done in boxing to be considered great or even a contender? Name one great feat that he has done in boxing? He is entertaining and has great potential and talent, but we have yet see a complete Arreolla. If Seth Mitchell loses, he just won his belt back from Banks, great, he wasn't suppose to lose that fight. Seth is trying to go up in his career. Now if he fought Stiverne I can feel good about that. Real good. Both guys are on the way up in their division, Arreolla isn't. When was the last time Chris had a signature win? Beating Arreolla I just do not see the value in that. Chris, being more seasoned and having better boxing skills than Seth, I would not be surprised if he got the knockout. I am picking Chris to win this fight, like I stated earlier. But this would not be an upset to me. Now if Seth wins, it will be. Because again, Chris is the more talented and skilled of the two boxers. In my opinion, as shitty as it maybe, this fight can be a career starter for Chris or the end. He hasn't looked good in his last few fights. Seth Mitchell if he wins, can probably start asking for bigger fights, but if he loses it will be a downer on his career. Cshel...is that correct?

Mgrover: Not at all hating on Seth, I think he is getting better with every fight. I do, but he does not posses the natural talents of a boxer. I think that with work and lots of it Seth can be something good.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Jul 18 2013, 01:51 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 10:13 PM