aTYpicalTYrant
post Jul 19 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

http://ringobserver.com/articles/floyd-may...-manny-pacquiao

N here comes Scoop Malinowski with the lynch mob..... LOL

My favorite quote is, "Once again Mayweather has done his part to deprive the sport of boxing the biggest event in ring history." Isn't this fight shaping up for FMJ's next performance to potentially be the biggest event in history? AND is the Pacquiao fight even necessary RIGHT NOW? Who is really asking for it right now besides Manny?

This post has been edited by aTYpicalTYrant: Jul 19 2013, 08:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 19 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 19 2013, 04:41 PM) *
pac's rise was all smoke and mirrors imo. there's no need to discuss this fight, i agree. it's the bullshit fans that keep asking these questions. these guys who always ask the same lame ass questions every time out....

"what about pacquiao?"

"what about anderson silva?"

or some bullshit about mma that doesn't have shit to do with shit. smh.

i agree....floyd should shut them bullshit ass questions down, period. next time someone asks one of them dumb ass questions....i'd be like....

(straight faced. removes glasses, tilts head...)

"are you serious??? who the fuck is this guy??? really? check his credentials!!! next question!!!"

I don't know why he even entertains these reporters. What he should say is "Talk to my promoter." And move on. He is only helping Arum out by mentioning his name.

Thanks Franchize. I actually got into it with a dude when I was in middle school about this shit. I just told him to look at the "Smooth Criminal" and "Bad" video and shut the fuck up. MJ was the man when it came to dancing. That dude did some amazing shit!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 20 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Jul 19 2013, 09:35 PM) *
http://ringobserver.com/articles/floyd-may...-manny-pacquiao

N here comes Scoop Malinowski with the lynch mob..... LOL
My favorite quote is, "Once again Mayweather has done his part to deprive the sport of boxing the biggest event in ring history." Isn't this fight shaping up for FMJ's next performance to potentially be the biggest event in history? AND is the Pacquiao fight even necessary RIGHT NOW? Who is really asking for it right now besides Manny?

That train is never late. Scoop is the "Buck Nasty" of the pugilist world.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 20 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 19 2013, 06:12 PM) *
Professor: If Bob Arum makes fighters sign to his bitch ass company to fight Pacman than how come Floyd can't make the same gesture. Pac is on the back end of his career. No one is talking about his fight in November, I do attribute that because the fight is in November, however, three years ago, this would be the talk of the town. I do not think Pac fighting Rios is a good idea. Rios is going to get his shots in and Pac doesn't need anymore head injuries. I just wish both parties would shut the fuck up unless they really decide to fight each other.

I look at the Pac fight how I looked at the supposed dance contest between Michael Jackson and MC Hammer. Hammer from the outside looking in, is that dude, he can dance, is exciting all that glitter shit. But Mike, come on, let's be real, would dust his ass.

I think since Floyd is in the business of doing his own Promotional thing then it is his right to make demands just as any other Promoter does, and he is right to make sure that Manny knows that he is in the back of the bus and always has been IMHO. I think one of the reasons we will see Manny fighting over in Asia and anywhere in the USA is not just due to his tax issues but more likely it is due to the fact that he won't be able to get away with juicing over here like he will be over there.

I suspect that Manny will be over-roided in this next fight with Rios and then once he puts the easy to hit Brandon to sleep then Arum and the rest of the duped world will start screaming about how he is back and ready to take on Floyd.

My question is that why allow this tax thing to be a big dark cloud over his head, and why not just pay his taxes so that he can get bigger money making fights here in the US??

From what I heard they are going to sell the Pac vs Rios fight to the tune of what amounts to $5 PPV in China, now that's peanuts compared to here but Assuming you have over 1 billion Chinese and 40% of them are boxing fans and buy it then that will be a serious chunk of change if Manny doesn't allow Arum to rape his pockets again.

+Quote Post
jazz
post Jul 20 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #25

Amateur

Member No.: 13,936

In my opinion, Pacquaio is in the same position as Lamont Peterson. After the loss to Bradley and the KO by Marquez, he is at the back of the line in terms of a Mayweather fight. He needs to beat Rios, avenge his loss to Marquez and then beat one of the top guys at 140 or 147 (Garcia vs Matthyssee winner, Alexander, Maidana or even Bradley or Robert Guerrerro) before he can start talking trash and calling out Mayweather. Right now, Pac bring nothing to the table, especially since he is still slaving for Bob Arum and that weasel Michael Konce. If he works his way back to the top and then leaves Arum and signs with Golden Boy or any other promoter, I think the fight can be made, but only in Las Vegas. Otherwise, Pac will spend the rest of his career fighting rematches with Marquez, Bradley and Rios in Asia.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Jul 20 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #26

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Manny definitely needs to get back in the win column. But lets be honest, the dude is a superstar in this sport. Most boxers don't get back on ppv after a loss. This dude loss 2 in a row (He actually beat Bradley but lost to JMM in the 3rd fight too) but he is still headlining a ppv. Arum will probably feed Manny another gimme fight after Rios and we will be back in 2009 all over again. Honestly, I still want to see the fight but there are just too many road blocks in the way so its frustrating to even talk about it.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Jul 21 2013, 03:49 AM
Post #27

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 19 2013, 10:22 AM) *
Damn, Barrera looked salty as hell! Looks like he just got done reading a Dear John letter. LOL

Either that, or he bet against Marquez and saw his money go down the shitter. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

That also crossed my mind while watching it. LOL I'm thinking he looks like he lost a significant bet.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 21 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Pacman should be worried about fighting Rios. I think Brandon will get some good cracks at Manny, do I think he will win? I have no idea. If Pac goes in there with a mindset where "I have to end this early" he might be in trouble because he will be looking for the KO versus having patience to break Rios down round by round. If the fight continues and Rios gets confidence then Pac could be in trouble. I do not think Rios gets a decision in Macau, so even if the fight looks even, Pac is taking this one.

As far as the fight being in China because of its tax laws, then why have all his major fights in Vegas for so long? The issue would be, no one is going to pay money to see Rios and Manny fight after just spending all that money on Mayweather and Canelo. Arum was smart to put this fight in China. I do not get why Pac would even agree to fight in China. He could of fought in Manila and made his country some money versus going to rich ass China. I wonder after Rios who will the serve Manny next, the loser of Ruslan and Alvarado or he can fight an undefeated Jessie Vargas.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jul 22 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I think Pacquiao is still deserving of the fight. He's accomplished a lot in his reign, and is still viewed as a great fighter. If Mayweather conquers Canelo, i think people will be very satisfied in the sport, and will still be willingly to see the showdown between May-Pac. Pacquiao should also make this a new habit, be more outspoken, it helps build the fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 23 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #30

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Floyd should offer Manny 15 mill. Take it or leave it. Wash him up really quick on an otherwise uneventful September evening. I wouldn't even waste a Cinco De Drinko date on him lol. I'm sorry but you can't pop shit when the last site of you in a boxing ring looked like you were in a sleep number commercial.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 02:35 AM