IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Molina vs. Bey, Bey should of listened to his corner and watched for the hook!
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Bey up until the 12th round was putting together a nice performance. The 11th round he even showcased his power. However, all through the fight Mayweather Sr. kept telling his to avoid Molina's punches by putting his hands up, well enter the 12 round! Bey was doing fine until he got into a slug fest with Molina, he was taking a lot of punches and instead of holding Molina or taking a knee (he was up at least 4 rounds) he decided to do the Rocky shit and go toe to toe. The ref stopped the fight. Now could Bey continued? yes, however if he would of listened to his corner and watched for Molina wide ass overhead hooks, he would of been fine. Good fight and a good card. TMT promotions have some good young fighters in their stable. That Cuban kid is going to be good.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 20 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Molina made Mickey O Bey in the final round lol! It was a good stoppage and Bey will be kicking himself for not fighting smart. Floyd Sr should have never told h to go for the stoppage in the final round. Bey showed some talent and hopefully he will bounce back in his next fight.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 20 2013, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Crap! Completely forgot about this. Also missed Spence, Diaz and Gausha. Lame-o....

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 20 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

Yeah, sadly he was totally outclassing Molina up until he got hit and then it was over, they'll probably be a rematch but I doubt that Molina's crew will take it since they know they got out of this one by the skin of their teeth.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 20 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yall know how I feel about professional fighters that get hurt and REFUSE to take a knee. Bey got what he deserved, nuff said. People sleep on Molina, and truthfully, I haven't slept on him since the Danny Williams fight. Dude started boxing late, but he's as game as they come, takes a good punch(es), and reciprocates.

I wont lie, Bey did an exceptional job last night, but the pressure was slowly getting to him. I like his shoulder roll rendition against the ropes, but let's be straight up here...he had NO BUSINESS against the ropes, and he was getting hit more and more often. That shit reminded me of how Martinez controlled and hit Chavez at will, until they got against the ropes, then Julio started to turn the table (slowly but surely)...even the final round of this fight was vivid reminder of the final round of Chavez/Martinez.

I wont mind seeing Bey fight again, but this loss, may have been costly. When guys can get past the Molina-type fighter (pressure fighter) by staying disciplined, then Im usually on my head to see them cruise through a few more fights, before the big fights come. At this point, a fighter proves that they can stay disciplined and stick to the game plan, when they get past pressure fighters.

I wonder where Molina goes from here.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 20 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 10:52 AM) *
Bey up until the 12th round was putting together a nice performance. The 11th round he even showcased his power. However, all through the fight Mayweather Sr. kept telling his to avoid Molina's punches by putting his hands up, well enter the 12 round! Bey was doing fine until he got into a slug fest with Molina, he was taking a lot of punches and instead of holding Molina or taking a knee (he was up at least 4 rounds) he decided to do the Rocky shit and go toe to toe. The ref stopped the fight. Now could Bey continued? yes, however if he would of listened to his corner and watched for Molina wide ass overhead hooks, he would of been fine. Good fight and a good card. TMT promotions have some good young fighters in their stable. That Cuban kid is going to be good.

Yes, Luis 'Cuba' Aria is on the up and up.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jul 20 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 10:52 AM) *

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 20 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #8

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jul 20 2013, 02:50 PM) *

He's going to be something special

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 20 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Sorry Dolomite but he was going to get put down either way, the refs stoppage was good. And I say that because he didn't hold like he should have. I have no doubt that if Molina would've kept swinging he would've put Bey down and I don't think bey would've got up because his legs were gone. Instead of mouthing off and trying to look cute, Bey should've handled his business and just sealed the deal. Floyd sr gave him sound advice, he just messed up. I like Bey, even despite the positive test but I don't know where he goes from here, he's 30 and has had a red light green light career. His climb to the top is even longer now and I don't know where Mayweather promotions takes him from here

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 06:29 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 20 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Sorry Dolomite but he was going to get put down either way, the refs stoppage was good. And I say that because he didn't hold like he should have. I have no doubt that if Molina would've kept swinging he would've put Bey down and I don't think bey would've got up because his legs were gone. Instead of mouthing off and trying to look cute, Bey should've handled his business and just sealed the deal. Floyd sr gave him sound advice, he just messed up. I like Bey, even despite the positive test but I don't know where he goes from here, he's 30 and has had a red light green light career. His climb to the top is even longer now and I don't know where Mayweather promotions takes him from here

Well that is what I said earlier, that if he would of listened to Sr. he would of been fine. He should of tried holding Molina or taken a knee. He would of still won either way. He was an immature move he did. The only reason why I say the ref could of let it go a longer was based off the punishment Bradley took from Ruslan, if that ref let that fight go on, then this fight should of gone to the final bell.I do agree with the rest of your post. The entire TMT staff was in attendance. Kind of funny. Does Roger ever smile?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:14 AM