Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dereck Chisora vs Malik Scott, Round by Round
Dolimite
post Jul 20 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #21

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Ref should be shot twice! Chisora vs. Wilder. That should be interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 20 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #22

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 20 2013, 04:45 PM) *
I mean, Scott was talking to the ref and all. I blame Scott though, he had to know that he was in another man's back yard. Anything that looks or seems like it'll fuck you in the long run...DON'T do it.

I agree with you and Grove, he should have got up and not tried his hand thinking that he was going to get the benefit of the doubt. But the ref does get some blame because he proved that he was coherent. If I was apart of Scott's team I'd protest the decision

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 20 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 20 2013, 10:22 PM) *
Ref should be shot twice! Chisora vs. Wilder. That should be interesting.

He won't get past Deontay. He shouldn't have beat Mali with that crap stoppage. Haymon and GB won't allow their fighter to be dealt with like that. Wilder has the power to stop Chisora in his tracks. If he and his promoter are smart they'd stay away from him

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 21 2013, 03:41 AM
Post #24

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I saw the knockdown. Fucking hometown bullshit stoppage. You have 10 seconds to get to your feet. Not 9 or 9.5 Here is an article on the fight and a video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/malik...-042816066.html

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 21 2013, 08:24 AM
Post #25

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 20 2013, 08:15 PM) *
He won't get past Deontay. He shouldn't have beat Mali with that crap stoppage. Haymon and GB won't allow their fighter to be dealt with like that. Wilder has the power to stop Chisora in his tracks. If he and his promoter are smart they'd stay away from him

Chisora is a name for Wilder. Now if David Haye gets passed Fury than I would love to see Wilder and Haye. It would be an interesting and entertaining match up. Either El Boy or the Hayemaker would be two solid fights for Wilder. Did I mention the ref should pf been shot twice?

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jul 21 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #26

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,394

Hi guys my fight report is up on my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below) if you fancy a read or want a look on how the press had the fight at the time of stoppage.

What did you all think of the fight?? i thought it went as planned, i picked Chisora by KO in 8 but expected Scott to win the early rounds before Chisora came on strong late. I have always questioned why its taken Scott all these years to finally step up and fight somebody who is in the top 15-20 in the rankings.

The referee is getting the blame by some but why did Scott wait till 9 to stand up AND do you think he look that bothered when the fight was called off??

cheers and thanks for any comments on the article

fightscorecollector

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 21 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jul 21 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Hi guys my fight report is up on my fightscorecollector site (in the signature below) if you fancy a read or want a look on how the press had the fight at the time of stoppage.

What did you all think of the fight?? i thought it went as planned, i picked Chisora by KO in 8 but expected Scott to win the early rounds before Chisora came on strong late. I have always questioned why its taken Scott all these years to finally step up and fight somebody who is in the top 15-20 in the rankings.

The referee is getting the blame by some but why did Scott wait till 9 to stand up AND do you think he look that bothered when the fight was called off??

fightscorecollector

you do have a point, when it was stopped Scott hardly looked outraged, his team seemed more pissed off than him.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 21 2013, 11:53 PM
Post #28

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (fightscoreollector @ Jul 21 2013, 09:05 AM) *

fightscorecollector

The thing is though the rules don't change. A 10-count is 10 seconds. No fighter should have to go into a fight thinking during a knockdown, "Well, maybe I won't be allowed to continue at the count of 9, so I better get up at 8." The 10-count is one of the few things in boxing that thankfully has not changed over its history. Phil Edwards the ref did not even give Scott a chance to continue. He was waving his arms instantly when the fighter got to his feet.

In the UK, they are quicker to stop fights in most cases, sometimes a little too cautious than in other countries. But that doesn't even apply because Scott wasn't hurt! Some said the ref "misread the timekeeper's" pickup of the count between 5-9. Others say he counted faster between 8-9. The wave of the arms comes at 10-seconds. When a fighter can't get up. If he can get up and can continue in a close fight, to not give the visiting bloke the benefit of the doubt either casts issues of incompetence or corruption. Phil Edwards seized the opportunity and moment to accept a 9 count with a boxer upright and fully coherent, to give his opposing countrymen the win for the benefit of his backyard fans.

Phil Edwards "gave a gift" of a win to a fighter on a bullshit 9-count KO when there was no evidence of hurt or confusion to the downed boxer. Scott listened to the ref's count, took advantage of the 9 seconds, and got up ready to fight. The ref would have been justified in stopping the fight if Scott had been hurt from the knockdown. But Scott wasn't hurt. Moreover, the punch that put him down seemed to be a sloppy rabbit punch with minimal force or impact. If it was a rabbit punch, that's illegal, and even worse Chisora got away with it with no warning or point deduction. The punch that knocked Scott down was not even remotely strong enough to even consider stopping the fight, and even worse, stopping the fight when Scott beat the count, and was fit to continue.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 22 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #29

Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 21 2013, 09:53 PM) *
The thing is though the rules don't change. A 10-count is 10 seconds. No fighter should have to go into a fight thinking during a knockdown, "Well, maybe I won't be allowed to continue at the count of 9, so I better get up at 8." The 10-count is one of the few things in boxing that thankfully has not changed over its history. Phil Edwards the ref did not even give Scott a chance to continue. He was waving his arms instantly when the fighter got to his feet.

In the UK, they are quicker to stop fights in most cases, sometimes a little too cautious than in other countries. But that doesn't even apply because Scott wasn't hurt! Some said the ref "misread the timekeeper's" pickup of the count between 5-9. Others say he counted faster between 8-9. The wave of the arms comes at 10-seconds. When a fighter can't get up. If he can get up and can continue in a close fight, to not give the visiting bloke the benefit of the doubt either casts issues of incompetence or corruption. Phil Edwards seized the opportunity and moment to accept a 9 count with a boxer upright and fully coherent, to give his opposing countrymen the win for the benefit of his backyard fans.

Phil Edwards "gave a gift" of a win to a fighter on a bullshit 9-count KO when there was no evidence of hurt or confusion to the downed boxer. Scott listened to the ref's count, took advantage of the 9 seconds, and got up ready to fight. The ref would have been justified in stopping the fight if Scott had been hurt from the knockdown. But Scott wasn't hurt. Moreover, the punch that put him down seemed to be a sloppy rabbit punch with minimal force or impact. If it was a rabbit punch, that's illegal, and even worse Chisora got away with it with no warning or point deduction. The punch that knocked Scott down was not even remotely strong enough to even consider stopping the fight, and even worse, stopping the fight when Scott beat the count, and was fit to continue.

Jack

Did I mention the ref should be shot?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 22 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 22 2013, 06:24 AM) *
Did I mention the ref should be shot?

First I've heard of this.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:38 PM