> Dereck Chisora vs Malik Scott, Round by Round
Cshel86
post Jul 22 2013, 10:03 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 21 2013, 12:13 AM) *
I agree with you and Grove, he should have got up and not tried his hand thinking that he was going to get the benefit of the doubt. But the ref does get some blame because he proved that he was coherent. If I was apart of Scott's team I'd protest the decision

My biggest question is, has Scott ever tasted the canvas in his career? If not, then that inexperience may have played into the reason for him waiting forever to get to his feet. I'm definitely not making any excuses for him, because at the end of the day, it's still his fault.

He did prove that he was coherent, but instead of being down on his knees smiling, winking, and shaking his head, he should've used that energy to get to his feet. I'm gonna play the race card here for two seconds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...

Why can't black folk (yeah I said "folk", lol) just do things the conventional way? In basketball, most caucasian and foreign players stick to the basics...dribble, pass, jump shot, lay-up, etc. Why is that black folk have to do crossovers and wild ass dunks...just to miss it all at the end, when it really means something?

In this case, why did Scott have to showboat on the canvas with that goofy look and head nods and so on? Dude, just get our ass up! You know you aren't really that hurt, just get your ass up and fight! Instead, his antics caused him the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 22 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

he was standing at 9 and the ref waived it off. bullshit stoppage....but malik should have known they weren't going to give him anything. he was the "b" side on that promotion and needed to score a knock out to get the decision.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 22 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

also...WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING ON THOSE ROPES...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 22 2013, 06:45 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 22 2013, 05:53 PM) *
also...WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE DOING ON THOSE ROPES...

it's how he fights. he should have taken it to the center of the ring...but i think chisora was too big and strong for him to be honest. not sure why he gave chisora so much respect.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 22 2013, 08:32 PM
Post #35

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 22 2013, 10:03 AM) *
My biggest question is, has Scott ever tasted the canvas in his career? If not, then that inexperience may have played into the reason for him waiting forever to get to his feet. I'm definitely not making any excuses for him, because at the end of the day, it's still his fault.

He did prove that he was coherent, but instead of being down on his knees smiling, winking, and shaking his head, he should've used that energy to get to his feet. I'm gonna play the race card here for two seconds (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ...

Why can't black folk (yeah I said "folk", lol) just do things the conventional way? In basketball, most caucasian and foreign players stick to the basics...dribble, pass, jump shot, lay-up, etc. Why is that black folk have to do crossovers and wild ass dunks...just to miss it all at the end, when it really means something?

In this case, why did Scott have to showboat on the canvas with that goofy look and head nods and so on? Dude, just get our ass up! You know you aren't really that hurt, just get your ass up and fight! Instead, his antics caused him the fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good question and one I don't have the answer to. I think he was letting Chisora dictate but mail was still doing good things in the fight, I think his work rate should've been higher and he should've took the fight to Chisora.

I have no problems with that but you know blacks like to be flashy sometimes not all but some, a basic cross over isn't appealing, it has to be Iverson like or its no good. He should be kicking himself for that
Who knows what would've happens if he had acted professional

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jul 23 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #36

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 22 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Good question and one I don't have the answer to. I think he was letting Chisora dictate but mail was still doing good things in the fight, I think his work rate should've been higher and he should've took the fight to Chisora.

I have no problems with that but you know blacks like to be flashy sometimes not all but some, a basic cross over isn't appealing, it has to be Iverson like or its no good. He should be kicking himself for that

Iverson..... ha....... if that asswipe never bruised his tailbone in game 1 of the 2001 finals, i would probsbly be a doctor right now.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 23 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #37

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought it was a quick count to but he definitely got up at the very latest before 8 if he really wasn't that hurt.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 23 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #38

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Did the ref say he did not beat the count. None of the videos I have seen show an interview with him. Scott should protest to the WBO. He has a strong case here.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 24 2013, 09:16 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 22 2013, 09:32 PM) *

You're exactly right, he did let Chisora dictate the pace. He was fine in the middle of the ring, but the whole defensive mess against the ropes, allowed Chisora o get off a bit, especially to the body. How do you feel his uppercut was working, against Chisora?

As for black "folk" being flashy, man...that's some costly stuff, especially if things go wrong, lol. Speaking of crossover, does anybody remember that whack ass "Crossover" movie that they made back in '06, with Hotsauce in it? God that movie was horrible, I remember a chick talked me into taking her to see it...that was the worst $20 I've ever spent, aside from buying some bad weed on a few occasions. Lol

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 23 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Did the ref say he did not beat the count. None of the videos I have seen show an interview with him. Scott should protest to the WBO. He has a strong case here.

Jack

I think Scott did the right thing, post idiocy. He didn't cry or complain, he stayed as professional as possible, hoping that he'd get another shot sooner than later. Sad thing is, I don't think he will, lol. He could be a threat to Chisora, if he brings the fight to him, like Chi mentioned. As for the looks of it, Chisora got past a "slick" and "talented" fighter...no need to repeat it and ruin things. Poor Scott, lol.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 24 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #40

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Scott's people have filed a protest with the BBBOC:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/95028...-dereck-chisora

Jack

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:40 PM