Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner/Maidana
Dolimite
post Jul 25 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #11

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Like Brother Naz said, Broner is a good defensive fighter but a great offensive fighter. If he relies wholly on his talent then that chin might get checked. Maidana is not the greatest technical fighter, I don't see this fight going all 12. I don't know who wins. A very interesting and milestone fight for both fighters, especially Broner. Can Maidana handle a slick fighter and box and can Broner handle a heavy handed gutsy fighter who has a chin and isn't afraid to get hit. There is no quit in Marcos, we know that, but if Broner gets into deep waters, how will he react?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Jul 25 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 10:14 AM) *
broner cant slip punches, he has no head movement or upper body movement really, all he does is use a 1/4 of floyds defense, he blocks and catches punches, rolls them once in a while, but he uses the shoulder roll in the center of the ring, when it is most effective used in the pocket, when your getting smothered and the guys is trying to work your body. broner is an idiot. he dont know shit. hes got so much physical talent. he doesnt use movement at all, i dont think he could box even if he wanted too, hes more like manny pacquiao than floyd. he is a two trick pony. a come forward puncher with a little bit of boxing skills. he mimicks a defense that he doesnt fully understand, and he is flat footed for no reason. he has no plan b. it happened with paulie, when he cant stop you, he keeps trying to until the end of the fight. he cant set up a stoppage or think ahead, he just fights right then and there. He doesnt possess the ability to analyze a fighter or carry out a backup game plan. his only game plan is to come forward and ko you, the only difference between him and maidana is broner is athletic.

maybe im being to hard on him, but im just pissed i almost bought into his hype, i thought out of all the up and comers who fought paulie, he was easily the best. out of khan, hatton, cotto, etc etc, i thought he would stop paulie the worst and quickest, yet he couldnt even get a UD or a knockdown. maidana is legit tho, he will fuck broner up IMO, cant wait

My thoughts exactly, Broner is athletic and talented but doesn't have the right mindset to be the best. He's a good fighter but if he doesn't reevaluate himself and check his ego he is going to run into a wall soon. I was disappointed with him against paulie, Paulie put out more punches but they were just slaps and he didn't combo in the way to take advantage of broner's openings, he was just trying to get points. Paulie actually made broner look alittle slow.. I don't think Maidana has that slickness that paulie has, the only thing he has that is better is his strength in his punches. Maybe that guard can be broken by Maidana, I know Broner will lose soon but idk if Maidana has the right skill set to do it. But broner's defense isnt great since he only uses the shoulder roll and no movement from legs or head...Will be a good fight though, im excited i wish it was on 9/14 with the other 2 big fights.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Jul 25 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 25 2013, 07:14 AM) *
broner cant slip punches, he has no head movement or upper body movement really, all he does is use a 1/4 of floyds defense, he blocks and catches punches, rolls them once in a while, but he uses the shoulder roll in the center of the ring, when it is most effective used in the pocket, when your getting smothered and the guys is trying to work your body. broner is an idiot. he dont know shit. hes got so much physical talent. he doesnt use movement at all, i dont think he could box even if he wanted too, hes more like manny pacquiao than floyd. he is a two trick pony. a come forward puncher with a little bit of boxing skills. he mimicks a defense that he doesnt fully understand, and he is flat footed for no reason. he has no plan b. it happened with paulie, when he cant stop you, he keeps trying to until the end of the fight. he cant set up a stoppage or think ahead, he just fights right then and there. He doesnt possess the ability to analyze a fighter or carry out a backup game plan. his only game plan is to come forward and ko you, the only difference between him and maidana is broner is athletic.

maybe im being to hard on him, but im just pissed i almost bought into his hype, i thought out of all the up and comers who fought paulie, he was easily the best. out of khan, hatton, cotto, etc etc, i thought he would stop paulie the worst and quickest, yet he couldnt even get a UD or a knockdown. maidana is legit tho, he will fuck broner up IMO, cant wait

LOL!!!!!!!!! funny bro

nah i would say he is more like roy jones then floyd mayweather..He is winning fights only on athletic ability at this time..it will catch up too him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2013, 01:08 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If Broner couldn't hurt Paulie with his punches, then I cant see him hurting Maidana, who apparently was born to take a punch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 25 2013, 01:11 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

broner should win...but the fact that he stands in one spot most of the fight....maidana will have a chance to sneak one in. should be interesting.

+Quote Post
jazz
post Jul 25 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 13,936

I think it will be a good fight. I would bet on Maidana by decision. I don't think Broner has faced any really tough competition and Maidana will stay busy and do just enough to beat him. I think Broner moved to 147 about three years too soon. He needs to go back to 135 and fight some of the better opponents there before trying to jump to 140 and then to 147.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Jul 25 2013, 02:33 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 25 2013, 11:08 AM) *
If Broner couldn't hurt Paulie with his punches, then I cant see him hurting Maidana, who apparently was born to take a punch.

exactly

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 25 2013, 02:44 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

paulie is a lot more defensive than maidana so it wasn't easy to land on him. plus paulie never let broner set his feet. broner will have waaay more opportunity to land solid punches against maidana.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post Jul 25 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #19

Bantamweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 12:44 PM) *
paulie is a lot more defensive than maidana so it wasn't easy to land on him. plus paulie never let broner set his feet. broner will have waaay more opportunity to land solid punches against maidana.

but can he hurt him? thats the question the more i talk and think about this i am leaning toward maidana

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 25 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 25 2013, 03:44 PM) *

Broner landed some HARD shots on Paulie, but nothing came of it. I agree that Paulie's more defensive than Maidana, but let's be honest here, Maidana has been bobbing & weaving, using the jab and working behind it, and so on.

I also agree that Broner will have an easier time landing on Marcos, who doesn't?...especially when you can create angles to land shots like Broner from time to time. Maidana effectively brings the fight to his opponents nowadays, rather than using his face for defense.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:17 AM