IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Berto/Karass, Thurman/Chaves-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #111

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

thurman/chaves was the fight of the night imo. high speed chess!!!

i had studied some of chaves' fights last week when i heard about this kid. he is highly skilled and can crack. i would love to see them bring him back. it's unfortunate that he had to be matched so tough for his first fight in the u.s. thurman definitely has the goods. he showed plenty of different things in his arsenal and defense. i think he is a force at 147 and i like his chances against anyone at the weight. he may be a few fights away from being ready to challenge floyd. the fact that he wants to eventually fight him says a lot about the kid. i'm a fan.

figueroa vs arakawa was hard for me to watch. very little display of defense or boxing technique. i'm not a fan of face first all out brawls. i see soooo many flaws in that figueroa kid. they need to bring his opposition down a few notches before he continues on his path. i saw him with a belt....what was that about? he should avoid all the other belt holders and go back and learn to box some before he continues his career. he seems like a good kid with a bright future but there are plenty of guys out there who can put a real hurting on that kid. i'm not usually one to comment on punching power or lack there of....but arakawas punches seemed to have nothing on them. they looked like karate punches with very little trunk rotation. the only reason they did any damage late was because figueroa was balling up and taking his eyes off arakawa all the time so he would not see the shot coming. this was my least favorite fight of the night.

berto/soto-karass....what can i say that hasn't been said? i felt bad for berto. it was a winnable fight for him. he needs to make a lot of changes and they are not going to happen over night. i thing virgil hunter is the perfect guy to make those things happen. berto needs to fly under the radar for a while before him makes another run. time off will do him well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #112

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 03:28 PM) *
that shit had me rolling!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Then he had the nerve to say he was a foreigner, what the hell lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 03:59 PM
Post #113

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 03:33 PM) *
really? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

i thought thurman/chaves was the fight of the night. plenty of skills on display...and i think thurman proved himself a real player in the 147lb division. he may be ready for floyd in the next year or so.

Mayweather smokes him due to him gassing and he loads up a little too much for my liking but i'm a Thurman fan. He's good and he was in with solid competition and he found a way to win. He displayed some ring intelligence by adjusting his game plan in there and I was surprised at that a bit

Yeah the Figueroa fight was the best to me, Arakawa was out or at east many thought he was and he came back and dug deep and made it a fight. I don't see anyone calling the Thurman fight a FOTY candidate and rightfully so, exciting but no comparison IMO

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #114

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2013, 04:59 PM) *
Mayweather smokes him due to him gassing and he loads up a little too much for my liking but i'm a Thurman fan. He's good and he was in with solid competition and he found a way to win. He displayed some ring intelligence by adjusting his game plan in there and I was surprised at that a bit

Yeah the Figueroa fight was the best to me, Arakawa was out or at east many thought he was and he came back and dug deep and made it a fight. I don't see anyone calling the Thurman fight a FOTY candidate and rightfully so, exciting but no comparison IMO

i don't think it needs to be blood and guts with zero defense to be considered a foty candidate either. i like to see a higher level of skill. that really looked very amateurish to me.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #115

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jovi @ Jul 29 2013, 12:35 PM) *
Congrats Dolimite.

Thurman/Chavez- This fight was my favorite, and i was actually surprised with how well Thurman did he won my respect. After the 2nd round i was asking myself who this Chavez dude was and i thought he was going to take it. Then Thurman showed up, adjusted, and put him down i was very impressed i thought he was just all talk. This fight i really got to see how good Thurman really is in terms of being at 147, things are going to get very interesting soon for him. He can handle the bigger fights so i hope he takes them all on.

Figueroa/Arakawa- DAMMMM that Japanese guy was tough as nails. He took some shots that had me wincing especially those body shots, must be that meditation and Shaolin monk training, i can see how Figueroa hurt his hand. If Arakawa was able to use his speed and power better he could be a much better fighter. Figueroa seems to have a bright future ahead if he boxes more instead of brawling, brawling may get him some quick wins but thats not the wisest choice when thinking of career longevity. Though the brawling is what makes it entertaining, just get the defense up atleast.

Berto/Soto Karass- Damn i used to be a big berto fan but idk what happened to this guy. When he's in training camp he must not spar that much and just power lift. Someone needs to tell him to stop worrying about weights and work on his technique. He always seems to be over thinking and not moving alot thinking he has good head movement and defense, he needs to get real with himself and stop frontin trying to be something he's not which is an elite fighter that people should fear. Atleast start working out your damn legs, he needs to do some serious reevaluation, not a trainer change because all his problems are on him. Karass put in work and did what he had to do, just boxed and didnt admire himself so much that his judgement got jaded. I like how he kept saying he stopped clowning around and dedicated himself to the sport, he'll be in some better fights.

I heard that Broner wasn't vacating his 135 title, so does that mean he's fighting at 135 next? If that is the case then i would like an Omar Figueroa fight. But at 147 i think thurman would give broner a run for his $$.

Thanks Jovi, I will be further broke than I am now. lol/ Good post

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #116

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 04:12 PM) *
i don't think it needs to be blood and guts with zero defense to be considered a foty candidate either. i like to see a higher level of skill. that really looked very amateurish to me.

Negative! I don't think it was amateurish and you speak of high level of skill and Thurman in the same sentence, he doesn't have a HIGH level of skill just yet. I think your jumping the gun. Thurman beat tough opposition and he's growing it seems with each fight but that's where it ends. Those two meaning Figueroa and Arakawa dug deep and did what they had to do to try to pull out the W. I'm not saying Figueroa is some unstoppable beast or that he is defensively sound but neither was the fight prior to that, this fight had a lot of excitement and it was a give and take affair, yeah it was blood and guts but it's more to it then what you paint it out to be

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jul 29 2013, 09:01 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #117

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 29 2013, 09:20 PM) *
Thanks Jovi, I will be further broke than I am now. lol/ Good post

congrats man!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 09:12 PM
Post #118

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2013, 10:00 PM) *
Negative! I don't think it was amateurish and you speak of high level of skill and Thurman in the same sentence, he doesn't have a HIGH level of skill just yet. I think your jumping the gun. Thurman beat tough opposition and he's growing it seems with each fight but that's where it ends. Those two meaning Figueroa and Arakawa dug deep and did what they had to do to try to pull out the W. I'm not saying Figueroa is some unstoppable beast or that he is defensively sound but neither was the fight prior to that, this fight had a lot of excitement and it was a give and take affair, yeah it was blood and guts but it's more to it then what you paint it out to be

agree to disagree. i saw some high level skill from thurman. i saw some very amateurish stuff from figueroa and the arakawa. i can point to specific moments in each fight to make my case.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #119

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 09:12 PM) *
agree to disagree. i saw some high level skill from thurman. i saw some very amateurish stuff from figueroa and the arakawa. i can point to specific moments in each fight to make my case.

I an agree to do that...we can both do that with both fights. I can easily point to moments where Keith didn't display a high level of skill, he's growing ad I'm a fan. Definitely more a fan of him then I am of Omar

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #120

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 07:10 PM) *
congrats man!!!

I guess I can throw away my player card and burn my black book. I can't get away shit with two kids. Thanks bro!

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:32 PM