IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Berto Should Retire Now, Do you agree??
BrutUalBK
post Jul 31 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #21

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Jul 29 2013, 10:14 PM) *
hahah everybody is calling him virgil hill. i think if you go back and watch the berto that fought quintana and collazo, to the berto you see now trying that bullshit imitation of floyd with his elbow out and is hands down. to see him trying to fight backing up and just getting tagged up like a fool, it makes me sick. he used to fight with a high guard and using his jab to constantly measure his opponents reach and his own distance, waiting to unleash his explosive super fast right hand. that was an effective puncher. he had such crazy ass explosiveness, and his power was nice, he also had great killer instincts, when he thought you were hurt he mauled the shit outta you. ever since that berto loss, he questioned himself and changed his style into one he isnt comfortable with. it shows in his fights. hes never had great defense, in fact his defense has always been to fight fire with fire, and it usually worked most of the time because he was so dangerois in exchanges.

i honestly dont know what the fuck to even think about him anymore, hes gotten so much worse with every passing fight. soto karass was just asking to be pot shotted the fuck up all night. berto could have made easy work of him if he had just taken his time and avoided the body shots while using some movement and smoking him with fast ass right hands. the kid still has crazy speed and pop. but he just lost his focus and his poise, hes so sloppy in their now, and its llike he doesnt think anymore, like hes just fighting with pure physicality.

and like i said before, you can put virgil hunter with a fighter, but it aint gonna fix shit, virgil hunter is a great trainer, but hes not a good match with a guy like berto or khan, these are pure offensive fighters who have offensive mindsets and are naturally aggressive, virgil hunter is the worst thing you can give these guys because it goes against the nature of the way they fight instinctively. Virgil hunter is a master tactician, and he needs to be matched up with fighters who approach a fight that way and box accordingly. virgil aint gonna turn down that paper tho, and i dont blame him, mans gotta make a living.

+1

Like I said, someone earlier mentioned it was a mistake for GBP to feed Berto to a Brawler like Soto but what you stated is why I beg to differ and felt that they gave him an easy fight with someone who is easy to hit but for whatever reason Berto could not adjust neither did Hunter give him any good corner advice to do so (no recommendations to stick and move/or potshot).

I'm not impressed with Hunter at all in this fight as a Trainer, not tooting my own horn but I could've given far better advice and if he (Virgil) is claimed (by Berto) have given him so many "new" tools then why didn't he use them and where were these "new" tools??? In the drawer, on the shelf?

I think some of these Trainers today are so overrated, they either talk way too much (giving their fighters far too many instructions/confusing him) or they usually don't say the right technical commentary to warrant or show how to make adjustments that need to happen to get their fighter the victory he needs.

I'm just not impressed with many of these so called "Trainers" today, that should've been one of the easiest fights of Andre's career but look how he fought, even worse than he did vs Guerrero.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 31 2013, 09:27 PM
Post #22

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,954

He is too bulky imo...should be a 140lb fighter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:03 AM