Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The new "cool" things to do in boxing, Annoying Trends
Franchize
post Jul 29 2013, 08:09 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

So I know this topic may be a little weird, but news of JCC Jr possibly disowning his dad kinda got me annoyed. There are some trends that take place in boxing, that a lot of fighters seem to follow suit with, that are absolutely annoying. Here are some of my pet peeves:

1. Fighters calling out Floyd immediately after their first quality win.

2. Fighters changing long time trainers and blaming them for the reason they've been getting their ass whooped.

3. Hometown amateur trainers who build up inner city youth not knowing when to say "I've taken you as far as I can, time to take you to a real trainer." (Cshel knows this burns me up lol)

4. Fighters taking the Floyd route post Cotto and saying "I just wanna give the fans what they wanna see" after taking a bunch of shots in a fight.

5. Fighters talking about injuries they had in training camp, that were never mentioned until AFTER they got their ass whooped.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jul 29 2013, 08:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
BrutUalBK
post Jul 29 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2013, 08:09 AM) *
So I know this topic may be a little weird, but news of JCC Jr possibly disowning his dad kinda got me annoyed. There are some trends that take place in boxing, that a lot of fighters seem to follow suit with, that are absolutely annoying. Here are some of my pet peeves:

2. Fighters changing long time trainers and blaming them for the reason they've been getting their ass whooped.

3. Hometown amateur trainers who build up inner city youth not knowing when to say "I've taken you as far as I can, time to take you to a real trainer." (Cshel knows this burns me up lol)

4. Fighters taking the Floyd route post Cotto and saying "I just wanna give the fans what they wanna see" after taking a bunch of shots in a fight.

5. Fighters talking about injuries they had in training camp, that were never mentioned until AFTER they got their ass whooped.

Fighters talking trash in the ring after the fight is over
Fighters saying I'm going to give the fans what they wanted see after the fight is over and say something stupid like "Hey Pops, brush my hair"

Please Lord whatever you do, please do not allow this crap to become a trend.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 10:48 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2013, 06:09 AM) *

Fighters trying to use the shoulder roll like May
Fighters father's becoming the star attraction
Fighters saying they have the tools to beat May
Fighters trying be rappers (I blame Floyd and Roy Jones for this)
Young fighters having a Prima Donna fucking attitude
Fighters jumping weight classes versus cleaning out the division
Fighters wanting to be on the pound for pound list after one good fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jul 29 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

fighters named Adrien Broner

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 29 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Havr you seen JCC at his sons fights? The guy screams at him over his trainer.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 29 2013, 09:40 AM) *
fighters named Adrien Broner

lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Oh the agony! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

We've been in SEVERAL round-by-round threads on a Saturday night, clowning some of these hometown trainers.

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 29 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Fighters trying to use the shoulder roll like May

Yes! That stupid chicken wing rendition of the shoulder roll, has GOT to be stopped.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 29 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Fighters with annoying dads has trump all of them for me (I'm talking to you berto, Danny, chavez, guerrero). It's your sons moment to shine and your just trying to steal some attention.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

One that just eats me up (and you ALL have seen me lose my shit over this), and it's NOTHING new about this, but...

Fighters getting hurt by a punch and REFUSING to take a knee. Instead, they get stopped, and then fish for sympathy from the fans, saying that they're warriors and blah blah blah. Man STFU! The number one rule when getting hurt in boxing, is to either hold or take a knee.

No worries though...we'll just have a few more drooling stutter-boxes to add to the boxing world, when they're careers are over. Hell, Ali's in bad shape nowadays, but at least we freakin' remember him. Wouldn't life suck, if you're a retired B-side gatekeeper that no one remembers? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 02:13 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 29 2013, 09:09 AM) *

1. there's no problem with being confident and wanting to beat/be the best in my eyes.

2. there's always things we can't see. relationships run their course. i can't judge. it happens.

3. hometown amateur trainers who build up certain fighters are sometimes better than the more well known "real" trainers. don't sleep.

4. i agree. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

5. you can't reveal these things prior...unless of course you want to give your opponent ammunition to beat you. smart thing is to pull out the fight if the injury is any parts of serious. but when the date/money is on the table...and these guys are starving....it's hard to do.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:06 AM