> The new "cool" things to do in boxing, Annoying Trends
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

the most annoying trend to me...

calling face foward/no defense displays of brawling fight of the year candidates and what the fans want to see. no it's not. that shit is horrible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 29 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #12

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 03:18 PM) *
the most annoying trend to me...

calling face foward/no defense displays of brawling fight of the year candidates and what the fans want to see. no it's not. that shit is horrible.

/thread

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jul 29 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 29 2013, 12:55 PM) *
One that just eats me up (and you ALL have seen me lose my shit over this), and it's NOTHING new about this, but...

Fighters getting hurt by a punch and REFUSING to take a knee. Instead, they get stopped, and then fish for sympathy from the fans, saying that they're warriors and blah blah blah. Man STFU! The number one rule when getting hurt in boxing, is to either hold or take a knee.

No worries though...we'll just have a few more drooling stutter-boxes to add to the boxing world, when they're careers are over. Hell, Ali's in bad shape nowadays, but at least we freakin' remember him. Wouldn't life suck, if you're a retired B-side gatekeeper that no one remembers? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Good Advice! If only Mike Alverado would do this!

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 29 2013, 05:02 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Got one

So called "boxing journalists" (I'm looking at you ESPN) writing ridiculous boxing articles and mythical matches that make NO sense believing they actually know a thing about the sport.

Like the Canelo vs Chavez Sr article they had up the other day, Seriously? Smh

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Got one

So called "boxing journalists" (I'm looking at you ESPN) writing ridiculous boxing articles and mythical matches that make NO sense believing they actually know a thing about the sport.

Dude I saw that shit and nearly broke my laptop! Who the fuck has Saul faced to be considered in a match up with Chavez? I mean really. That shit pissed me off to no end. Then they had Floyd matched up with SRR. I am like really? Fucking seriously.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith calling themselves boxing experts!!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Got one

was it the same ass clown who said floyd had to fight ward to seal his legacy?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Sneak dissing, we've seen it, just say the name if you aint a coward or let it be known who it's directed at

And people hating on Broner and Band Camp, yeah I said it ....BAND CAMP!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Boxing journalists or so called journalists, most people reporting on the sport today have an agenda, seems like one side is pushing for this fighter or promoter and the other side is doing for another fighter or promoter. It seems like a reality show where alliances have been made

My biggest trend is the lack of fundamentals in some of these new school fighters, IDK who to blame for that, the amateur coaches or the pro trainers but it seems like a lot of basic things are being left out of these fighters' arsenal

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 29 2013, 10:08 PM) *
Sneak dissing, we've seen it, just say the name if you aint a coward or let it be known who it's directed at

And people hating on Broner and Band Camp, yeah I said it ....BAND CAMP!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Boxing journalists or so called journalists, most people reporting on the sport today have an agenda, seems like one side is pushing for this fighter or promoter and the other side is doing for another fighter or promoter. It seems like a reality show where alliances have been made

My biggest trend is the lack of fundamentals in some of these new school fighters, IDK who to blame for that, the amateur coaches or the pro trainers but it seems like a lot of basic things are being left out of these fighters' arsenal

if i knew the guys name i'd put him on blast with the quickness! best believe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

basic things like defense? *see figueroa/awakara

telegraphing punches? *see figueroa/awakara

no defense? *see figueroa/awakara and berto/soto-karass

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 29 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 09:16 PM) *
if i knew the guys name i'd put him on blast with the quickness! best believe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

basic things like defense? *see figueroa/awakara

telegraphing punches? *see figueroa/awakara

no defense? *see figueroa/awakara and berto/soto-karass

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why do they do these things..the messed up part is us, the fans know who they referring to, just call them out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My biggest problem which is why I brought up the lack of basic fundamentals is the lack of body punching and proper footwork we see today in the sport. I agree with you that we see a lack of fundamentals in other areas as well but these fighters today have crap footwork for the most part and they head hunt too damn much

The shot that Thurman put Chaves down with was a body shot, that shot was actually available to him all night but I give props for him recognizing it when he did and ending the night for Chaves. When a fighter is hurt it pays dividends to go to the well and then pop back upstairs. Now fighters just want to do their best RJJ or Mayweather Jr impersonation and land headshots and strike poses

Some of the things that make this sport so great historically speaking are becoming a lost art, I used to look at Teddy Atlas and dismiss him when he said it but now it's definitely coming to light more and more with these new age fighters, including your boy One time lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:04 AM