IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everybody Hating on Floyd, Is it that time of the month??
BrutUalBK
post Jul 29 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I've just read an article where Roberto Duran claims that Floyd would've been "ordinary" in his era, and now Freddie Roach is already drumming up Floyd vs Pac again as though it is a foregone conclusion that MP beats Rios. Is Roach simply talking trash to keep Pac relevant?? http://www.latinospost.com/articles/24447/...cquiao-next.htm

Why all the hate? Is Duran upset about something Floyd said? Does anyone actually agree with Roberto??

http://www.boxingscene.com/duran-my-era-ma...ordinary--68116

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

LMAO at this thread title! Epic!

"Is it That Time of the Month???"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's see what BS stories they'll publish about Floyd, come November, during the week of Pac's fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 29 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I read the duran article. I think he's just trying to side with Mexico

But its crazy to say he would have been ordinary in any era especially at his peak weight which would be 135 and 140. He's so versatile and skilled its just hate, people like Leonard would have been criticized in these times by all these brawler crazed and mma fans for "running". Willie pep my all time favorite boxer would have been labeled "boring". People like rigo who just put on a masterful performance against nonito get boo'ed and blocked off the networks.

Back then they were respected, I think Floyd would be as well.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:00 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 29 2013, 04:44 PM) *
I've just read an article where Roberto Duran claims that Floyd would've been "ordinary" in his era, and now Freddie Roach is already drumming up Floyd vs Pac again as though it is a foregone conclusion that MP beats Rios. Is Roach simply talking trash to keep Pac relevant?? http://www.latinospost.com/articles/24447/...cquiao-next.htm

Why all the hate? Is Duran upset about something Floyd said? Does anyone actually agree with Roberto??

http://www.boxingscene.com/duran-my-era-ma...ordinary--68116

i don't view duran's comments as hate. what he is saying is truth. it's not a knock against floyd at all.

as for what roach is saying...that seems to be an emotional response to floyd's criticism of his fighter more than anything. it's premature for roach to make those comments when he hasn't even had pac back in the gym yet.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Jul 29 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 03:56 PM) *

But its crazy to say he would have been ordinary in any era especially at his peak weight which would be 135 and 140. He's so versatile and skilled its just hate, people like Leonard would have been criticized in these times by all these brawler crazed and mma fans for "running". Willie pep my all time favorite boxer would have been labeled "boring". People like rigo who just put on a masterful performance against nonito get boo'ed and blocked off the networks.

Floyd would've been every bit as extraordinary in Duran's era as he is now, I can't believe Roberto would say some crap like that when he has losses to lesser fighters than Floyd; Esteban Dejesus and Wilfredo Benitez made him look slow and ordinary and neither of them are technically better and definitely not faster than Mayweather. Let's not forget that Duran quit when he couldn't catch up to SRL.

I think dude (Duran) has taken one too many shots and is quite delusional right now, as far as Roach is concerned he needs to STFU and realize that his boy has 2 losses back to back and may be heading for a 3rd.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 29 2013, 12:54 PM) *
LMAO at this thread title! Epic!

"Is it That Time of the Month???"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's see what BS stories they'll publish about Floyd, come November, during the week of Pac's fight.

Note to Cshel: Dolimite did not start this THREAD!

Yeah, the hate is strong for right now. Oh well, that is the life of the top dog!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 29 2013, 04:56 PM) *

welterweight floyd is not the best floyd. he'd be undersized against guys like hearns and leonard.

to floyds credit...he may have beaten a welterweight duran...but at lightweight...i think duran beats him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 29 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 29 2013, 05:01 PM) *
Floyd would've been every bit as extraordinary in Duran's era as he is now, I can't believe Roberto would say some crap like that when he has losses to lesser fighters than Floyd; Esteban Dejesus and Wilfredo Benitez made him look slow and ordinary and neither of them are technically better and definitely not faster than Mayweather. Let's not forget that Duran quit when he couldn't catch up to SRL.

I think dude (Duran) has taken one too many shots and is quite delusional right now, as far as Roach is concerned he needs to STFU and realize that his boy has 2 losses back to back and may be heading for a 3rd.

he avenged his loss to dejesus by ko. dejesus was no joke and could punch. benitez was no ordinary fighter either. let's not forget that duran was the first to beat leonard. also, let's not forget that the rematch wasn't on the level and duran's ppl hung him out to dry. leonard really didn't do shit to him in that rematch. the fight was close before he quit. leonard did nothing to make him quit.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Jul 29 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

That's just hate. Floyd shines in any era. Now, if this were the 80's he would have 1 or 2 losses by now because there is no way you stay undefeated while having faced Duran, SRL, Hearns, Hagler, Pryor, Sweet Pea, etc.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 29 2013, 04:43 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 29 2013, 04:03 PM) *
welterweight floyd is not the best floyd. he'd be undersized against guys like hearns and leonard.

to floyds credit...he may have beaten a welterweight duran...but at lightweight...i think duran beats him.

I'm pretty sure I said just that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:05 PM