IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Everybody Hating on Floyd, Is it that time of the month??
bnoles4life
post Jul 31 2013, 08:27 PM
Post #91

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:10 PM) *
Where'd you get them? I be trying to find some sets online but I don't trust alot of those sites because I don't know if they're legit or not.

Oh ain't nobody going at Jordan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm no fool! And I still regard Pippen as the best SF, even over Lebron because homie can't shoot a jumper to save his life. But you raise an interesting point, just because the athletes today are more athletic and quicker doesn't automatically give them an advantage of the old school guys and the old school guys don't have an advantage over the new schoolers

Some old schoolers give off that drunken uncle at the family reunion vibe, just because you fought in Vietnam don't got nothing to do with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Naw, kid. Scottie wasn't the best SF ever, b/c simply put Scottie, couldn't f*ck w/ a prime Bird. Yes, Bird. By the time Scottie came into his own, Bird's back problems made him a shell of himself. I remember Chris Mullin talking about a conversation he had w/ Bird, who was then his head coach of the Indiana Pacers. Bird: "Hey Mully, what's your high score in this arena?" Mullins: "I think 35 or 40." Bird: "Mine is 60." Now, he gave it to EVERY one of his era, bar none. Though I thoroughly HATED the Bulls (and still do...I'm a Knick fan), I'm not blinded by what Pip did, ESPECIALLY when they got jobbed on a foul call and should've went to the NBA Finals against the Houston Rockets, when Jordan retired....the first time. That being said, Pipp isn't CLOSE to being the best SF ever. I won't comment on Bron b/c his career isn't over. That being said, aside from hoisting up those banners (which, IMO, "rings" skew objectivity and reality far too easily), he's accomplished more, individually, than Scotty ever has.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:28 PM
Post #92

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Jul 31 2013, 09:02 PM) *
1. Sure SRL is entitled to his opinion (btw which I value way more than yours) just as you are but yours carry little weight vs his and your post is full of speculation about what WOULD'VE happened or what Floyd WOULD NOT HAVE Done, so just because you state it then you ASSume that it is right?? (rhetorical)

BS-people say that Floyd would've never fought Oscar, never fought Shane and never fought Pac (even though this hasn't happened yet, it isn't Money's fault) so for you again to ASSume that Floyd would never fight Hagler is another one your opinions which carry NO weight at all. Remember opinions are just like elbows, everybody got em.

I believe Hearns would've beaten Floyd but I can't say for sure that he DOES beat Floyd no more than you can say that he DOES beat Floyd either.

I get tired of all the stacking (era vs era) crap comparisons people make as if those guys all had superior boxing skills, defense and conditioning and never got hit or beaten, it's all conjecture to ASSume that any fighter from any era absolutely wins vs any fighter of this era simply because of what they were able to do to fighters of their generation.

Just like you, I grew up watching all of their careers and I saw many flaws that could've been exploited by a master boxing technician like Floyd so I won't necessarily go as far as saying that this guy DOES win or this guy WON"T fight this guy simply because what I think.

You should try wrapping your brain around the idea that you made some statements here that you seemingly come off as superior over SRL (a man who has been in the ring with the best) when you haven't been in the ring with any of those guys and he has but then you kick his opinion down simply because you "feel" more strongly about this or that.

I'd bet everyone here would be more willing to accept SRL's opinion over anything you say period!!

i think mgrover would take my opinion over leonards. that's just a guess. he'd have to say for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

of course it's speculation....and my opinion....based on assumptions.....blah,blah,blah...my bet stands. left nut that floyd won't fight ggg before his 4 fights are up. duran fought hagler. duran beat barkley. duran even fought at 168. he started at 118. until floyd beats a ggg, a sergio martinez or a kid chocolate...he will not be rated higher than any of the fab four on my list. i'm sure floyd and plenty of his fans will be upset by ratings and they will all lose sleep over it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (that's sarcasm by the way.)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #93

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jul 31 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Leonard always is, and that's why probably why am biased as shit against him. I can't seem him as best of the 4

me neither.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #94

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:10 PM) *
Where'd you get them? I be trying to find some sets online but I don't trust alot of those sites because I don't know if they're legit or not.

Oh ain't nobody going at Jordan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'm no fool! And I still regard Pippen as the best SF, even over Lebron because homie can't shoot a jumper to save his life. But you raise an interesting point, just because the athletes today are more athletic and quicker doesn't automatically give them an advantage of the old school guys and the old school guys don't have an advantage over the new schoolers

Some old schoolers give off that drunken uncle at the family reunion vibe, just because you fought in Vietnam don't got nothing to do with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

everyone thought the drunken monk was a pushover too! see what happened to them? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i have a hook up. if you're interested shoot me a pm.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #95

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 31 2013, 09:12 PM) *
Nah, they was reffering to me like Master P, he had an album called the ice cream man and it took me a minute to catch up on the insult lol..no big worm was pimped out, I don't think I could ever pull of that look

i can say with absolute pride that i do NOT know one single song ever made by master P. i do remember one where he sounded like he was taking a shit...grunting and what not. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 31 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #96

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 31 2013, 09:27 PM) *
Naw, kid. Scottie wasn't the best SF ever, b/c simply put Scottie, couldn't f*ck w/ a prime Bird. Yes, Bird. By the time Scottie came into his own, Bird's back problems made him a shell of himself. I remember Chris Mullin talking about a conversation he had w/ Bird, who was then his head coach of the Indiana Pacers. Bird: "Hey Mully, what's your high score in this arena?" Mullins: "I think 35 or 40." Bird: "Mine is 60." Now, he gave it to EVERY one of his era, bar none. Though I thoroughly HATED the Bulls (and still do...I'm a Knick fan), I'm not blinded by what Pip did, ESPECIALLY when they got jobbed on a foul call and should've went to the NBA Finals against the Houston Rockets, when Jordan retired....the first time. That being said, Pipp isn't CLOSE to being the best SF ever. I won't comment on Bron b/c his career isn't over. That being said, aside from hoisting up those banners (which, IMO, "rings" skew objectivity and reality far too easily), he's accomplished more, individually, than Scotty ever has.

i was about to jump on u for criticizing scottie...but as i read further...you're right. bird was a bad dude. i couldn't stand him or the celtics..but i have to give him his props.

i'm glad you, a knicks fan, can admit scottie got jobbed in that series against the knicks. that dunk he had over ewing was spectacular. i got the feeling the nba didn't want the bulls to make it without jordan. scottie is definitely up there if he isn't the best SF. i won't even go in on your team. i've actually learned to accept knick fans. i sometimes feel sorry for you guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #97

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 31 2013, 08:27 PM) *

I can't argue against Larry Legend, I'm not stupid but buddy has zero defense. He's more offensively sound then Pip, but besides offense he doesn't touch Scottie. Pippen has a better all around game then Bird does, but Bird got a better mentality then Pip, can't front. Dude walk in a locker room full of 3pt marksmen and asked who's coming in 2nd tonight? Barkley basically said he punk'd the whole room (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If it was a 1 on 1, ain't no way Larry legend is just burning thru Scottie, defense wins championships. Pip should have been the league MVP in 94 that first full season that Mike retired, he led the team in all major categories and was top 10 in the league in many of those categories, led the Bulls to 55 wins but history will keep him relegated to sidekick status, I can't name 3 SF's I'd place over him. He's highly favored by his peers and even before he retired journalists,(when they had credibility before the blog era) praised him as potentially the best at his position. Pippen is definitely CLOSE to being the best SF and for me he is, his game is well rounded and better then his counter parts.

Yeah Lebron has achieved more individually considering he's been the #1 option everywhere he's been. If Pippen would've had that luxury who's to say what would've been of his career. And he's the protoype for SF's today! Before him SF's weren't even really a scoring threat, a rebounding threat and tasked with handling the ball, etc. The Sf's in today's games are drafted and molded in his likeness, now that is a fact

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2013, 09:45 PM
Post #98

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 31 2013, 09:37 PM) *
i was about to jump on u for criticizing scottie...but as i read further...you're right. bird was a bad dude. i couldn't stand him or the celtics..but i have to give him his props.

i'm glad you, a knicks fan, can admit scottie got jobbed in that series against the knicks. that dunk he had over ewing was spectacular. i got the feeling the nba didn't want the bulls to make it without jordan. scottie is definitely up there if he isn't the best SF. i won't even go in on your team. i've actually learned to accept knick fans. i sometimes feel sorry for you guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I'm from the Chi so you know how we feel about NY and especially the Knicks but they getting a lot of hate for no reason imo, they do need to drop Amare garbage ass though, he gets injured way too much.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jul 31 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #99

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 31 2013, 10:37 PM) *

LMBO....Bird wasn't bad, he was LEEEEEEEEETHAL.....I think his low-key exodus, kinda dulled us to what this cat did. No doubt, his defense lacked, but WTF cares? He was the youngest cat to reach 17000 pts, til Kobe surpassed in 2006, though in MORE games than it took Larry Legend. Let's not forget, he did it in roughly the hardest, toughest era in the NBA, as it pertains to the defenses he played against.

Pippen is by far the more well-rounded player, but I can't put him equal, let alone, above Larry Legend. Again, though he's career isn't over, Bron is set to take over that #1 spot.

You're right, The Bulls got jobbed and though I was glad to accept it, I admitted then, it was BS. That being said, it evened out from a year earlier, w/ the (I've sworn never to say the name....) Charles Smith "block" party NO FOUL BS.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 31 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #100

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jul 31 2013, 10:28 PM) *
LMBO....Bird wasn't bad, he was LEEEEEEEEETHAL.....I think his low-key exodus, kinda dulled us to what this cat did. No doubt, his defense lacked, but WTF cares? He was the youngest cat to reach 17000 pts, til Kobe surpassed in 2006, though in MORE games than it took Larry Legend. Let's not forget, he did it in roughly the hardest, toughest era in the NBA, as it pertains to the defenses he played against.

Pippen is by far the more well-rounded player, but I can't put him equal, let alone, above Larry Legend. Again, though he's career isn't over, Bron is set to take over that #1 spot.

You're right, The Bulls got jobbed and though I was glad to accept it, I admitted then, it was BS. That being said, it evened out from a year earlier, w/ the (I've sworn never to say the name....) Charles Smith "block" party NO FOUL BS.

They don't allow them to play the way they used to which sucks because I think the players are a bit softer now, I love Larry legend, I guess I'm biased to Pippen but I acknowledge that Dr. J, Elgin Baylor, etc had some skills to.

Lebron probably will take over that spot by I just penalize him for the move to Miami and he just isn't a clutch guy. He has some flaws but hell who doesn't, as you said his playing days aint over yet....Charles Smith, dumbass should have passed it or threw the ball off of Horace lol

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:45 PM