Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should Bradley Stay with Top Rank?
Dolimite
post Jul 29 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Tim Bradley's contract with Top Rank comes to and end I believe at the end of this year or early next year. If you were Bradley what would you do?

Personally, Bradley should give Bob the deuces and be a free agent. The only fighters Bradley will be fighting is Rios and Alvarado. Pac ain't fighting Bradley again. And Marquez may retire after their fight.

If Bradly does leave TR then he can vouch for a fight with Mayweather. Call me crazy, but I think Bradley would give Mayweather fits with his fighting style. It would be an interesting match up. Plus I would love to see Bradley against Golden Boys 140-147 fighters. Imagine Maidana against Bradley or even Garcia. It would be damn good fight. Bradley has more options in other pastures.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jul 30 2013, 06:35 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

This is a tricky question. Right now it looks like GB has 140-154 on lock. But that could all change in a year or two. 3 years ago TR had all the talent at WW and GBs roster was shit. But if I were Bradley I would leave.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 30 2013, 09:33 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

He has no choice but to stay. You know how the TR contract goes...at the 11th hour of a fighter's contract ending, Arum already has an extension in place which involves a decent opponent. Sign for the fight, and there's your extension...if you;re not paying attention.

Bradley left Shaw in the same manner, as far as sitting out and following through with litigation...me thinks this wont work well if he tries it with Arum.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 30 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i don't ever recall hearing the length of his contract or anything for that matter about it. he's not going anywhere anytime soon. you don't just get out of deals with the devil.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Jul 30 2013, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

If Bradley beat JMM and Pac beats Rios you best believe that Arum would put Pac against Bradley again.Why wouldnt he?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jul 30 2013, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

NO. Arum is going to keep him under the bus and use him, pretty sure he's already doing that now.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 30 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He should but it's just not going to happen. He's going to need a rockstar legal team to get him out of that contract before it's up if that's the route he wants to take

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 31 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 30 2013, 11:49 PM) *
He should but it's just not going to happen. He's going to need a rockstar legal team to get him out of that contract before it's up if that's the route he wants to take

Lmao at "rockstar legal team"!

Does anybody find it funny how Bob absolutely sucks at promoting black fighters and they hardly put substantial money in his pockets, but he gives them the most shit when they're trying to get out of their contracts?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jul 31 2013, 08:12 AM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

Arum always finds a way to win, so there's your answer.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jul 31 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 31 2013, 06:04 AM) *
Lmao at "rockstar legal team"!

Does anybody find it funny how Bob absolutely sucks at promoting black fighters and they hardly put substantial money in his pockets, but he gives them the most shit when they're trying to get out of their contracts?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Cshel that is my point bro, Arum will not promote Tim the way he should be promoted. If he beats JMM then Bradley will be fighting Jessie Vargas next. He won't even get Mike Alvarado or Rios. He should leave while he still has a name. Look at what is happening to Rigondeaux! He beats Donaire and he can't buy a fight. Both Rigondeaux and Tim needs to go somewhere else.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:44 PM