post Aug 1 2013, 01:50 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 02:22 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

truth be told. i am a john ruiz fan.

I remember you mentioning that...have you no SHAME?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 1 2013, 02:11 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 01:22 PM) *

truth be told. i am a john ruiz fan.

Eww

But much respect that must have been tough to admit lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 02:50 PM) *
I remember you mentioning that...have you no SHAME?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Eww

But much respect that must have been tough to admit lol

not at all. i shot him a message on fb to let him know i was a big fan...i think he thought i was bullshitting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

john ruiz is an over acheiver in boxing. he wasn't the fastest, strongest, slickest or any of that. he got knocked the fuck out by david tua in like 40 seconds or some shit like that. that should have been the end of john ruiz. we should have never heard his name afterwards. but instead this dude went on to become the first latino heavy weight champion ever. he beat evander holyfield!!! much more convincing than lennox lewis did. he was robbed against valuev. his losses to toney and jones are respectable. those dudes are hof'ers. he should have lost to a lot of guys but he always found a way to win. i couldn't understand why he was making holyfield look so bad....or how or why he wasn't ever called for holding...this dude was crafty. his herky jerky style wasn't the most crowd pleasing....but he had a way of slowing down fights and taking guys who usually look real good and making them freeze or look like shit. he'd lure opponents into the trenches and turn the fights into ugly grueling/mauling affairs where he got the best of his opponents for the most part. i believe he was robbed of his opportunity to shine when lennox lewis opted to vacate his belt instead of fighting ruiz. lewis and ruiz had been stable mates who sparred each other regularly. the word was that ruiz used to tax lennox's ass in the gym, that's why emmanuel steward wouldn't allow the fight to happen. steward has also stated publicly that he thought lewis could never look good against ruiz which is why they chose to fight michael grant instead. i don't care what anyone says...i like the dude.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 1 2013, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 1 2013, 06:48 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 05:17 PM) *

not at all. i shot him a message on fb to let him know i was a big fan...i think he thought i was bullshitting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

john ruiz is an over acheiver in boxing. he wasn't the fastest, strongest, slickest or any of that. he got knocked the fuck out by david tua in like 40 seconds or some shit like that. that should have been the end of john ruiz. we should have never heard his name afterwards. but instead this dude went on to become the first latino heavy weight champion ever. he beat evander holyfield!!! much more convincing than lennox lewis did. he was robbed against valuev. his losses to toney and jones are respectable. those dudes are hof'ers. he should have lost to a lot of guys but he always found a way to win. i couldn't understand why he was making holyfield look so bad....or how or why he wasn't ever called for holding...this dude was crafty. his herky jerky style wasn't the most crowd pleasing....but he had a way of slowing down fights and taking guys who usually look real good and making them freeze or look like shit. he'd lure opponents into the trenches and turn the fights into ugly grueling/mauling affairs where he got the best of his opponents for the most part. i believe he was robbed of his opportunity to shine when lennox lewis opted to vacate his belt instead of fighting ruiz. lewis and ruiz had been stable mates who sparred each other regularly. the word was that ruiz used to tax lennox's ass in the gym, that's why emmanuel steward wouldn't allow the fight to happen. steward has also stated publicly that he thought lewis could never look good against ruiz which is why they chose to fight michael grant instead. i don't care what anyone says...i like the dude.

I'm sorry after reading that it was hard to get through the rest of your post! Hahaha

But you make some valid points

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2013, 07:28 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

of these top 10 heavyweights....who can ruiz beat???

Wladimir Klitschko

Vitali Klitschko WBC
Record: 45-2-0 (41 KOs)

Alexander Povetkin
Record: 26-0-0 (18 KOs)

David Haye
Record: 26-2-0 (24 KOs)

Kubrat Pulev
Record: 17-0-0 (9 KOs)

Tomasz Adamek
Record: 49-2-0 (29 KOs)

Ruslan Chagaev
Record: 31-2-1 (20 KOs)

Robert Helenius
Record: 19-0-0 (11 KOs)

Tyson Fury
Record: 21-0-0 (15 KOs)

Tony Thompson
Record: 38-3-0 (26 KOs)

Bermane Stiverne
Record: 23-1-1 (20 KOs)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 7 2013, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 8 2013, 11:34 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He could probably beat Pulev, Chagaev, maybe Povetkin. His performances in the ring have been crap since they disrespected Atlas. Him and Adamek would be good, so would him and Stiverne those 2 are toss ups but I can't imagine him besting the rest

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:58 AM