IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is broner getting a lit... okay way ahead of himself?? Nov. 9th PPV card, possibly?, Says when hes through with maidana he wants lucas
checkleft
post Aug 1 2013, 07:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-btch-mai...hysse-up--68247

I mean this guy didn't even look good against paulie, not discrediting paulie at all, but I thought their fight should have been a draw.

I understand maidana and Lucas are way different than paulie but broner can be hit and these are the two guys at 140-147 you don't want to get hit by. I honestly don't even know if he gets past maidana so he should probably just focus on his fight

I also could see him trying to distract Lucas, its no secret him and Danny are friends. Maybe he's trying to help his buddy out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 08:06 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-btch-mai...hysse-up--68247

I mean this guy didn't even look good against paulie, not discrediting paulie at all, but I thought their fight should have been a draw.

I understand maidana and Lucas are way different than paulie but broner can be hit and these are the two guys at 140-147 you don't want to get hit by. I honestly don't even know if he gets past maidana so he should probably just focus on his fight

I also could see him trying to distract Lucas, its no secret him and Danny are friends. Maybe he's trying to help his buddy out

I'm just happy that somebody's at least willing to step up and say that they're willing to fight these dudes and kick their asses. Now, whether he can pull it off, is another story. As of late, it seems like nobody really wants any parts of Maidana, and I dont see anybody calling him, like they used to do back in the days.

Maybe Broner is trying to distract Matthysse, so Danny can have the edge...good observation Check. I've noticed that Angel hasn't said much, so maybe this is part of the plan, so to speak. I think he gets past Maidana, since their are so many ways to beat him, but Lucas is another story.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

maidana and matthysse are made to order for broners style. they are face forward...leaning heavily on the front foot...not very defensive. broner is going to have his way with either. i don't know that matthysse is getting past garcia...so calling him out now may be pointless.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 08:26 PM) *
I'm just happy that somebody's at least willing to step up and say that they're willing to fight these dudes and kick their asses. Now, whether he can pull it off, is another story. As of late, it seems like nobody really wants any parts of Maidana, and I dont see anybody calling him, like they used to do back in the days.

Maybe Broner is trying to distract Matthysse, so Danny can have the edge...good observation Check. I've noticed that Angel hasn't said much, so maybe this is part of the plan, so to speak. I think he gets past Maidana, since their are so many ways to beat him, but Lucas is another story.

he said danny is going to stop matthysse in 4 or 5 rounds and that it'll be the easiest fight of danny's career. that's big talk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think broner calling them both out is good. his performance against malignaggi wasn't the best....but let's be honest, not very many people look good against malignaggi.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 1 2013, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I like Broner against Maidana....I know it's the wildly unpopular pick by many on these boards, but hey, it is what it is. I think Maidana's willingness to get hit, in order to trade, coupled w/ the fact he doesn't take SHIT to the body well gives Broner a very sizable advantage. Let's not forget, if Broner uses his legs, he can make Maidana look pedestrian.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 1 2013, 08:38 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 1 2013, 09:19 PM) *
he said danny is going to stop matthysse in 4 or 5 rounds and that it'll be the easiest fight of danny's career. that's big talk. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think broner calling them both out is good. his performance against malignaggi wasn't the best....but let's be honest, not very many people look good against malignaggi.

I said this in the previous "Broner bashing" thread we had here not long ago. Ha ha. NO ONE looks good against Paulie (sans Amir & Hatton) and no one has put him to sleep....not even a prime Cotto. Now, Danny getting rid of Matthysee w/n 5 rounds??? Naw...we don't believe you, you need more people.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 1 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's better then p*ssy footing around the topic, at least he's willing to get in the ring with them and fight. I don't see what the issue is with Broner and his comments, I think some fans are blinded by their jealousy of the kid, Maidana will be a tough fight for him, but the guy is weak as f*ck to the body. Broner can and probably will bang that drum to victory. Now him and Matthyse would be another story. I see skill and special talent in Broner, his only flaws is his attitude outside the ring. But some seem to criticize him for every little thing..who else is calling out Maidana and Matthyse? I give him props for that

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 2 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 1 2013, 08:38 PM) *
I said this in the previous "Broner bashing" thread we had here not long ago. Ha ha. NO ONE looks good against Paulie (sans Amir & Hatton) and no one has put him to sleep....not even a prime Cotto. Now, Danny getting rid of Matthysee w/n 5 rounds??? Naw...we don't believe you, you need more people.

Cotto looked outstanding against paulie but he was a different animal than broner.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 2 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 1 2013, 04:26 PM) *

Adrien hasn't signed the contract yet. So all his talking is just that, talking. Didn't he say he would knock Paulie out as well? Broner is making a lot of enemies. He should fight Thurman for his belt. Now that would be news worthy. Two undefeated fighters.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 2 2013, 03:16 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

there's a big difference between calling someone out and signing the motherfucking contract. Plus he's calling out a guy that already has a date...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:41 AM