IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trainer/Fighter combinations that you feel sorry for...
Fighters/Trainers that you feel sorry for..
Name 'em
Buddy McGirt [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mayweather Sr. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Henry Ramirez [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Other (explain in response) [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just thought about this the other day, but surely I cant be the only one that thinks this...

I was watching GGG/Macklin, and man, I cant say that I didn't feel sorry for Macklin. Anytime a fighter's under Buddy McGirt's tutelage, I tend to feel sorry for them...they always seem to "not have it" or they dont meet the mark.

Buddy McGirt - his fighters always get put in against guys with supreme skills, and end up getting demolished (Mayweather/Gatti, GGG/Macklin)

Mayweather Sr. - one of the best fighters out there, but let's be real, these dudes cant stick to a game plan to save their lives...that goes from Hatton in the Pac fight, to Bey in the Molina fight.

Ramirez - why are most of his fighters on their "last shot"? This includes Lopez and Arreola...these dudes have been making a sport of coming up short.

Is there any fighter that you see matched up against top opposition, and you say "oh shit", when you know/find out whose their trainer (or training them for that particular fight)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
daprofessor
post Aug 1 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

ouch. this is a harsh thread.

i will say this....

everyone has something to teach.

buddy is a good trainer. he was an excellent fighter. he has other fighters that aren't widely known that will make noise in the very near future.

same thing goes for henry....he's a good trainer. josesito was on the short end against jessie vargas. i thought he won that fight. he had that great upset over ortiz....then they served him up twice to canelo and maidana. lopez needs better management or at least a little better/favorable match ups. arreolla is his own worst enemy. it wouldn't matter who trains him. he's going to do what he wants to do.

floyd sr is one of the best in the business....if not thee best. he had his guy winning that fight against molina. one miscalculation...."go out there and finish him!!!" and all the hard work goes out the window. it happens. i'm sure if he had it to do over...he wouldn't have gave those orders. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 2 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I thought Sr. Gave bey questionable advise the last round, but he does deal with a lot of projects on the fly

But what about roach lately?? He had to deal with khan (trigger happy with no chin) manny (basically does what he wants nowadays) chavez (self explanatory) and victor ortiz?!?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 2 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 09:18 PM) *
I thought Sr. Gave bey questionable advise the last round, but he does deal with a lot of projects on the fly

But what about roach lately?? He had to deal with khan (trigger happy with no chin) manny (basically does what he wants nowadays) chavez (self explanatory) and victor ortiz?!?

Freddie Roach gets m vote and Robert Garcia as well. he has a hot head in Rios, and he has the Russian Mexican but that guy is a brawler. His best prospect is his brother Mikey Garcia. I feel bad for Danny Garcia and Robert Guerrero. They have the two most shit talking fathers in the game. They have to back all that up. Broner's trainer as well, his name escapes me.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Aug 2 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I voted for Floyd Sr.

The reason is, because Floyd Sr. is only really a good fit for guys who are supremely talented athletically and have the kind of natural skills that lets you learn that Mayweather style.

To me, I think the best situation for the majority of fighters is someone who can help them to achieve their potential.

So few guys have the level of pure talent that is necessary to flourish under someone like Floyd Sr. that it ends up being wasteful for them.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 2 2013, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I voted other. I think this Cotto/Roach combination is going to end badly. With Cottos manager eating Roach.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Freddie Roach gets m vote and Robert Garcia as well. he has a hot head in Rios, and he has the Russian Mexican but that guy is a brawler. His best prospect is his brother Mikey Garcia. I feel bad for Danny Garcia and Robert Guerrero. They have the two most shit talking fathers in the game. They have to back all that up. Broner's trainer as well, his name escapes me.

mike stafford.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 09:57 AM