IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trainer/Fighter combinations that you feel sorry for...
Fighters/Trainers that you feel sorry for..
Name 'em
Buddy McGirt [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mayweather Sr. [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Henry Ramirez [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Other (explain in response) [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Aug 1 2013, 07:42 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just thought about this the other day, but surely I cant be the only one that thinks this...

I was watching GGG/Macklin, and man, I cant say that I didn't feel sorry for Macklin. Anytime a fighter's under Buddy McGirt's tutelage, I tend to feel sorry for them...they always seem to "not have it" or they dont meet the mark.

Buddy McGirt - his fighters always get put in against guys with supreme skills, and end up getting demolished (Mayweather/Gatti, GGG/Macklin)

Mayweather Sr. - one of the best fighters out there, but let's be real, these dudes cant stick to a game plan to save their lives...that goes from Hatton in the Pac fight, to Bey in the Molina fight.

Ramirez - why are most of his fighters on their "last shot"? This includes Lopez and Arreola...these dudes have been making a sport of coming up short.

Is there any fighter that you see matched up against top opposition, and you say "oh shit", when you know/find out whose their trainer (or training them for that particular fight)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
checkleft
post Aug 2 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

I thought Sr. Gave bey questionable advise the last round, but he does deal with a lot of projects on the fly

But what about roach lately?? He had to deal with khan (trigger happy with no chin) manny (basically does what he wants nowadays) chavez (self explanatory) and victor ortiz?!?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 2 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #3

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 1 2013, 09:18 PM) *
I thought Sr. Gave bey questionable advise the last round, but he does deal with a lot of projects on the fly

But what about roach lately?? He had to deal with khan (trigger happy with no chin) manny (basically does what he wants nowadays) chavez (self explanatory) and victor ortiz?!?

Freddie Roach gets m vote and Robert Garcia as well. he has a hot head in Rios, and he has the Russian Mexican but that guy is a brawler. His best prospect is his brother Mikey Garcia. I feel bad for Danny Garcia and Robert Guerrero. They have the two most shit talking fathers in the game. They have to back all that up. Broner's trainer as well, his name escapes me.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 2 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Freddie Roach gets m vote and Robert Garcia as well. he has a hot head in Rios, and he has the Russian Mexican but that guy is a brawler. His best prospect is his brother Mikey Garcia. I feel bad for Danny Garcia and Robert Guerrero. They have the two most shit talking fathers in the game. They have to back all that up. Broner's trainer as well, his name escapes me.

mike stafford.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:34 AM