Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Teddy Atlas was right about Povetkin
Col Reb
post Aug 3 2013, 07:47 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

His advice to wait on fighting Klitschko a few years ago has paid dividends. Was Povetkin foolish to cut ties with him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mrchitown
post Aug 3 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #2

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Povetkin is going to get busted up in this one, I think it's karma for what he and his team did to Atlas. I hated that, for one he didn't want to train anymore fighters in the first place and he made an exception for Povetkin, and once they got what they wanted out of him they dropped him. I don't think he'd looked any good since the split with teddy. I like Atlas and they could've treated him better

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 3 2013, 12:18 PM
Post #3

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 3 2013, 10:12 AM) *
Povetkin is going to get busted up in this one, I think it's karma for what he and his team did to Atlas. I hated that, for one he didn't want to train anymore fighters in the first place and he made an exception for Povetkin, and once they got what they wanted out of him they dropped him. I don't think he'd looked any good since the split with teddy. I like Atlas and they could've treated him better

THIS. Teddy seemed generally hurt by that junk. I heard him on FNF talking about that and read an article on FH where he expounded on it even further. Teddy was like, "They broke their word." I mean, he was on some real, "someone kicked my dog" type stuff. I like Teddy, too.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 5 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 3 2013, 01:18 PM) *
THIS. Teddy seemed generally hurt by that junk. I heard him on FNF talking about that and read an article on FH where he expounded on it even further. Teddy was like, "They broke their word." I mean, he was on some real, "someone kicked my dog" type stuff. I like Teddy, too.

teddy is old school. i feel him on that. it's unfortunate...but he should have got shit in writing...fuck this handshake bullshit.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 08:36 AM