IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What to make of Bradley vs Marquez testing ordeal?, is Bradley serious about pulling out or is it all mind games?
Dolimite
post Aug 12 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #41

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 02:25 PM) *
Preach

wouldn't blame him, the dude goes vegan like me. But he only does it in camp

Are you straight Vegan? I am vegetarian but that is about to change. My eating habits usually change when my girl is pregnant. It is going to be hell on my body but I will make the sacrifice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 12 2013, 06:25 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Yea. It's tough on the body at first but you definitely feel the difference in energy after, some people make it out to be worse than it really is.

And I could definitely relate to what Bradley said about it giving you an edge mentally, i see people sucking air in the 4th qtr and I'm ready to run a whole other game. It can take some athletes to a whole other level

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 12 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

My cousin is a vegan, she's been one ever since I was younger she loves it. Me I would never say never to doing it. But I don't do it because I don't feel it's necessary to do so for me. I don't eat the stuff that most people eat, stuff like pizza, eating junk food Luke chips and candy, I don't even eat ice cream or drink pop

And I've been that way since high school

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 12 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #44

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 07:25 PM) *
Yea. It's tough on the body at first but you definitely feel the difference in energy after, some people make it out to be worse than it really is.

And I could definitely relate to what Bradley said about it giving you an edge mentally, i see people sucking air in the 4th qtr and I'm ready to run a whole other game. It can take some athletes to a whole other level

i did it for 3 yrs. started off good...dropped weight...definitely felt the mental clarity...then i started eating to many carbs and it all went to shit.

btw...stay away from soy. that shit is not good for men.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 12 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

I am very interested in this fight. After Canelo/Mayweather, this is the biggest fight of the year. I've been interested in this one for years. I do think that Marquez is dirty these days. I think he got tired of losing the the ultimate juicer and started juicing himself to get that edge over Pacquiao. I'm not sure which org is better usada or vada, but there should be some form of testing wherever Marquez fights. I saw the transformation... He knows he's dirty...

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 04:30 AM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 12 2013, 04:25 PM) *

I tried the raw food diet for six months, I work by Santa Monica and they have a bunch of raw food stores and restaurants but it drained me. I was constantly eating and the worse thing that happens is when I got food poison eating a raw pizza. My body went into shock. My doctor told me I lost too much weight too fast, I looked anorexic. It was terrible. I had to switch back to vegetarian, I included fish and chicken in my diet just to gain the weight back. I even lost muscle weight. It was a weird experience.

Chi you don't eat ice cream? And you call yourself an American!

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Aug 13 2013, 07:52 AM
Post #47

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was going to discuss how I give Marquez's excuse a pass because his concerns about USADA are legitimate. Then I saw that pic CShel posted and completely forgot everything I wanted to saw. I never thought I'd say it about, what I thought was, one of the hardest working fighters in boxing. I'm beginning to think Tim Bradley is over boxing. I don't know if it's that he got his big shot vs Manny and now he really doesn't give a fuck anymore. Maybe he's just way too comfortable and isn't hungry. OR Maybe he's suffering from Oliver McCall syndrome (not the drugs part) where he's so distraught that he didn't get the respect he deserved after upsetting a fan favorite. Either way, this is now the second fight in which Tim Bradley is looking incredibly fat before training camp. The last time, it almost got him knocked what is known as..."the fuck out". I was never a Bradley fan but I always gave him much credit for his tireless dedication to the sport. I know fighters blow up in between fight but I thought Tim was better than that. That picture is disheartening.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 13 2013, 09:31 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I've always liked my junk food, but I always made sure I exercise enough to make sure I burn it off, so can't complain really. Recently I've cleaned up my act more, more rice, more chicken, more red meat, less pizza, burgers and chips.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 13 2013, 09:54 AM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

These dudes have been chuggin' mad soda nuggets

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

The only thing that I cant give up, is pizza. If the doctor EVER told me that couldn't eat pizza, I'd quickly tell him, "F*ck you, I need a second opinion". Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 13 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 04:30 AM) *
I tried the raw food diet for six months, I work by Santa Monica and they have a bunch of raw food stores and restaurants but it drained me. I was constantly eating and the worse thing that happens is when I got food poison eating a raw pizza. My body went into shock. My doctor told me I lost too much weight too fast, I looked anorexic. It was terrible. I had to switch back to vegetarian, I included fish and chicken in my diet just to gain the weight back. I even lost muscle weight. It was a weird experience.

Chi you don't eat ice cream? And you call yourself an American!

I have had it buy all the latest stuff I named in my previous post like pizza. And ice cream and chips, I gave it up in 98. My coaches were telling me what it does to the body and how it affects an athlete. As a sprinter, there was no way I could keep doing it. It wasn't even that hard, it's second nature to me now. My girl loves chocolate, sometimes I throw the stuff away or I give it to my daughter. I'm trying to get her to buy into my way of doing things but as usual she's resisting the change

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:40 AM