> Rios and Pacquiao on ESPN's First Take
checkleft
post Aug 5 2013, 07:01 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 5 2013, 02:51 PM) *
so Rios does understand boxing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) the way he fights I thought he'd never heard of it.

Lmao

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 5 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Bnoles, Manny was getting heated. That nervous smile and bullshit grin he was burning up underneath it all. Rios sat there looking dumb. ESPN has no business giving boxing interviews with those two dumb asses! Skip can only say that Pac punched harder than Mayweather, and Stephen A. Smith kept saying off the wall shit, I actually wanted Manny to smack the shit out of Stephen A. Smith. These two make my head hurt.

Fat Ass Dan may not know shit about boxing outside of what Arum tells him but at least we wouldn't be getting hypothetical bullshit questions!

Rios is Rios. I can't even hate on the guy, he rocked a Clipper hat today, so I have to give him some love.

This is more of a reason to believe he's as smart as he looks lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 5 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't give two shits about Smith and Bayless. The biggest travesty...even a bigger travesty then the fight not happening is that people will always associate Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao's names together that's the part I'm sick of. can't even speak in one without mentioning the other

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 5 2013, 09:32 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 5 2013, 07:01 PM) *
Lmao

This is more of a reason to believe he's as smart as he looks lol

True, the clippers lol, its an LA team...Ain't nothing good coming from them. Pacquiao by TKO now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
scdrking2
post Aug 6 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #14

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,802

That interview was about generating hype and selling this fight to the casual fans, leveraging the two names they know best. Sideshow Bob knows what he is doing. He knows hardcore fans are tuning in regardless and an ESPN interview wont sway them one way or another.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 6 2013, 04:19 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJlUOK5sg

Here is the "interview", it is as tasteless as it comes.

Please drink responsibly when watching it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 6 2013, 05:27 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 5 2013, 10:40 PM) *
rios admires floyd. i've already heard him using some of floyds shit in the video of him and pac in china. "hard work and dedication!!! blah,blah,blah..."

believe me, if rios could fight like floyd....he would. so would most of these guys....but they don't have the capability or understanding to do so.

you'd think he'd want to improve though, with lines like "I love getting hit". Says it all about his style, I mean his head movement and defence is slightly underrated in my opinion, because he's not there for every single shot, but he may as well be. He has moments were its nice head movement when in close, and then just goes crazy on his offence and gets caught, reminds of Chisora a bit.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Aug 6 2013, 06:44 AM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I'm sorry I'm just still amazed at this fight even being made. In all fairness though, this is the sport where one shot could change everything, but SKILL-WISE Rios has no buisness being in the ring against Pacquiao. This all in all SHOULD be considered a tune up fight, in other words, a give me fight for Pacquiao rather than whatever title they dubbed it having Pac go up against a guy with less speed, power, experience at 147lbs. and BOXING ability. A year ago with this fight even being mentioned as a possibility, I said it then, and I'm saying it 2 losses with 1 by knock out now, Brandon Rios is gonna get hurt badly in this fight. If for any reason, bam bam finds himself on the winning side of this fight, it would have more to do with what Marquez did (mentally) than what he did, but even the Pacquiao that fought Marquez the last time out would demolish a fighter like Rios. I just can't see Rios being that guy doing what Cotto couldn't do, Margarito couldn't do, Hatton, Bradley (unofficially), De La Hoya, or Clottey even at this stage in Pac's career. It "boggles the mind" even more than watching Marquez having Pac catch a dirt nap. I didn't wanna go so hard with this but I feel it needs to be said. I like BR, but I feel he's in over his head with this one.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Aug 6 2013, 11:07 AM
Post #18

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

They should rename "First Take" to "Skip Bayless Arguing With Black People"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2013, 10:32 PM) *
True, the clippers lol, its an LA team...Ain't nothing good coming from them. Pacquiao by TKO now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 6 2013, 05:19 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfGJlUOK5sg

Here is the "interview", it is as tasteless as it comes.

Please drink responsibly when watching it.

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 6 2013, 12:07 PM) *
They should rename "First Take" to "Skip Bayless Arguing With Black People"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 6 2013, 06:27 AM) *
you'd think he'd want to improve though, with lines like "I love getting hit". Says it all about his style, I mean his head movement and defence is slightly underrated in my opinion, because he's not there for every single shot, but he may as well be. He has moments were its nice head movement when in close, and then just goes crazy on his offence and gets caught, reminds of Chisora a bit.

there are some guys that actually like getting hit. it's like a wake up call or something that gets them going. i've always considered that foolish...but i get it. i've not seen enough of chisora to really comment on him. he looked very ordinary against malik scott...but obviously he has something because malik seemed to give him a lot of respect.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:16 PM