daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Aug 6 2013, 12:07 PM) *
They should rename "First Take" to "Skip Bayless Arguing With Black People"

and the other dude yelling and getting all excited unnecessarily. calling rios..."this guy"....and even "boy" at one point seemed very disresptectful imo. i would have stopped him in his tracks with that bullshit. smh.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 01:40 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 5 2013, 10:29 PM) *
I don't give two shits about Smith and Bayless. The biggest travesty...even a bigger travesty then the fight not happening is that people will always associate Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao's names together that's the part I'm sick of. can't even speak in one without mentioning the other

when ever casual fans bring that shit up...i put it to rest immediately. i say...'have you ever seen floyd vs. gatti?' the answer is usually 'no.' then i'll pull up highlights on my phone and say....'this is what would have happened if pacquiao ever fought floyd. make no mistake about it....pacquiao has never been in floyds league, period.' they usually just sit there in awe or shut the fuck up about the fight. either way...i'm satisfied that i've educated another fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 6 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #23

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 01:40 PM) *
when ever casual fans bring that shit up...i put it to rest immediately. i say...'have you ever seen floyd vs. gatti?' the answer is usually 'no.' then i'll pull up highlights on my phone and say....'this is what would have happened if pacquiao ever fought floyd. make no mistake about it....pacquiao has never been in floyds league, period.' they usually just sit there in awe or shut the fuck up about the fight. either way...i'm satisfied that i've educated another fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My issue is that ESPN is a major outlet for sports, they have the ears of the fans. But yet they choose to report from a casual fan angle and I get it because it brings in the dollars but when do you take a top back and assess the way your funnel in this information to the people. They taken jobs at Floyd, they've took jabs at other fighters before. But the ones who shoot these Jan's are not knowledgeable on the sport to even be speaking these things. If I don't know something my ego and my pride won't get in the way. Educate me, instead these dudes call themselves experts. Experts on what? They don't know much if anything. Smith is a disappointment to me, he had a spark when he started now he just garbage as Jay so eloquently said

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 7 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #24

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

They do not need to talk about boxing. They need to get some retired boxers let them have a 30 minute show to talk about the damn sport like ESPN Deportes. I can't stand when these assholes talk boxing. Just because you watch a sport does not make you an expert. Just go to boxingscene.com for proof. Those are some dumbasses on that site.

Anyone see this bullshit

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-plans-show...jr-money--68405

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 7 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #25

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 7 2013, 12:33 PM) *
They do not need to talk about boxing. They need to get some retired boxers let them have a 30 minute show to talk about the damn sport like ESPN Deportes. I can't stand when these assholes talk boxing. Just because you watch a sport does not make you an expert. Just go to boxingscene.com for proof. Those are some dumbasses on that site.

Anyone see this bullshit

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-plans-show...jr-money--68405

I find it rather pathetic that this guy and his company can't promote a fight without mentioning Mayweather Jr's name. Pacquiao is a legend in his own right but part of his status in the sport and unfortunately for him, a big part of his meteoric rise in the sport is attached to Floyd's name.

Arum can just stop with the bullshit, money talks but I doubt he's able to lure Floyd the way he insinuates. Damn shame, he, Roach, that leach Koncz, and Manny have to speak on Floyd EVERY single time instead of worrying about the guy they have coming up. And that ain't a safe fight for him, these guys are stupid

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 04:44 AM
Post #26

Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 7 2013, 10:56 AM) *
I find it rather pathetic that this guy and his company can't promote a fight without mentioning Mayweather Jr's name. Pacquiao is a legend in his own right but part of his status in the sport and unfortunately for him, a big part of his meteoric rise in the sport is attached to Floyd's name.

Arum can just stop with the bullshit, money talks but I doubt he's able to lure Floyd the way he insinuates. Damn shame, he, Roach, that leach Koncz, and Manny have to speak on Floyd EVERY single time instead of worrying about the guy they have coming up. And that ain't a safe fight for him, these guys are stupid

I am thinking that Manny may have overlooked JMM. Maybe Bob was telling him if he wins this fight then he could have Mayweather. I mean it would make sense. Mayweather would just be coming out of jail so perhaps his team would think May would be rusty coming out of jail and their chances of beating him would be greater. I honestly think, now looking back in it, that Manny saw JMM as another opponent. He made too many mistakes in that fight now that I think about it.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 13 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:44 AM) *
I am thinking that Manny may have overlooked JMM. Maybe Bob was telling him if he wins this fight then he could have Mayweather. I mean it would make sense. Mayweather would just be coming out of jail so perhaps his team would think May would be rusty coming out of jail and their chances of beating him would be greater. I honestly think, now looking back in it, that Manny saw JMM as another opponent. He made too many mistakes in that fight now that I think about it.

not to pass blame or say it wasn't Mannys fault, but I seriously think it was more the style he opted for, I mean sure that wild, highly aggressive style ruined quite a bit of Marquezes face, but Pac was being tagged constantly, especially when he supposedly had Marquez on the run just after the KD.

I think the difference in the fight was the fact that Pac did no S&C work, and he fell by the sword he lived by. Not to take anything away from Marquez obviously. Hell I think if he didn't KO Pac in that round, Manny would of gassed closer to the end and I think Marquez would of stopped him later, the way Pac was breathing.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 13 2013, 05:05 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 6 2013, 07:40 PM) *

Pacs not that slow, and Mayweather isn't that fast anymore though

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 13 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #29

Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 13 2013, 02:05 AM) *
not to pass blame or say it wasn't Mannys fault, but I seriously think it was more the style he opted for, I mean sure that wild, highly aggressive style ruined quite a bit of Marquezes face, but Pac was being tagged constantly, especially when he supposedly had Marquez on the run just after the KD.

I think the difference in the fight was the fact that Pac did no S&C work, and he fell by the sword he lived by. Not to take anything away from Marquez obviously. Hell I think if he didn't KO Pac in that round, Manny would of gassed closer to the end and I think Marquez would of stopped him later, the way Pac was breathing.

Marquez just raised his game and Pac was counting on the old Marquez from past fights. I honestly think he overlooked this fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 13 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 13 2013, 10:35 AM) *
Marquez just raised his game and Pac was counting on the old Marquez from past fights. I honestly think he overlooked this fight.

He's been like that for the past few years (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:23 PM