Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alex Ariza... YOU'RE FIRED!
mrchitown
post Aug 8 2013, 02:57 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Some athletes need people to speak for them, Floyd, Broner, Canelo, Chisora, Haye, Thurman, and that's just off the top of my head of boxers. Don't get me started on other sports like basketball with Kobe and his shit. They need some kind of management in place to speak for them at times, I came up with those names for different reasons. I don't know Koncz to hate him but he seems like a shady character. Pacquiao just isn't in control og what's going on around him but when he does talk it's the same crap we hear from his team, he should speak up more but I don't fault him for the way he handles that aspect of his career
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 8 2013, 03:25 PM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Some athletes need people to speak for them, Floyd, Broner, Canelo, Chisora, Haye, Thurman, and that's just off the top of my head of boxers. Don't get me started on other sports like basketball with Kobe and his shit. They need some kind of management in place to speak for them at times, I came up with those names for different reasons. I don't know Koncz to hate him but he seems like a shady character. Pacquiao just isn't in control og what's going on around him but when he does talk it's the same crap we hear from his team, he should speak up more but I don't fault him for the way he handles that aspect of his career

Chi, its his fucking career! He should be speaking up. Unless he wants to fight until he is 40 just to pay the bills then he needs to start speaking up. Arum is getting 27% of his purses! He needs to honestly be more involved in his affairs and be a man when taking care of shit. Boxing has allowed him to be a boss, he needs to act like one. Having never taking responsibility for the shit that goes wrong in his camp and the confusion that goes on in his camp, someone needs to say something. It is pure bullshit. assertiveness is what makes winners. if he is a politician how is he going to get anything done if he relies solely on other people? Be a damn trail blazer!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 8 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 09:25 PM) *
[/b]
Chi, its his fucking career! He should be speaking up. Unless he wants to fight until he is 40 just to pay the bills then he needs to start speaking up. Arum is getting 27% of his purses! He needs to honestly be more involved in his affairs and be a man when taking care of shit. Boxing has allowed him to be a boss, he needs to act like one. Having never taking responsibility for the shit that goes wrong in his camp and the confusion that goes on in his camp, someone needs to say something. It is pure bullshit. assertiveness is what makes winners. if he is a politician how is he going to get anything done if he relies solely on other people? Be a damn trail blazer!

That's what's making me think wtf how is he a politician or is there someone behind him there too

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 8 2013, 07:33 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 8 2013, 04:27 PM) *
That's what's making me think wtf how is he a politician or is there someone behind him there too

I believe there is

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 8 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 03:25 PM) *
[/b]

Everybody aint meant to be a boss and I gave several names of athletes who stick their foots in their mouths at times when they "speak up". It's two sides to that argument and I gave names of them, he is who he is and there is nothing that can be done about it. True shit, I wish Floyd at times would STFU and be more like Manny and sometimes I wish Manny would say something and be more like Floyd

Stop picking on the guy, he don't have "BOSS" like qualities. We can name good rappers who don't have those qualities and don't speak up, we can name NBA players who are good but just don't exude the boss image and they don't speak up and on and on and on

Hell I'm a boss and I don't respond to everything, I don't see him as a leader but he can do what he wants

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 9 2013, 12:30 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 8 2013, 04:46 PM) *
Everybody aint meant to be a boss and I gave several names of athletes who stick their foots in their mouths at times when they "speak up". It's two sides to that argument and I gave names of them, he is who he is and there is nothing that can be done about it. True shit, I wish Floyd at times would STFU and be more like Manny and sometimes I wish Manny would say something and be more like Floyd

Stop picking on the guy, he don't have "BOSS" like qualities. We can name good rappers who don't have those qualities and don't speak up, we can name NBA players who are good but just don't exude the boss image and they don't speak up and on and on and on

Hell I'm a boss and I don't respond to everything, I don't see him as a leader but he can do what he wants

Chi, boxers are different than NFL, NBA and any other sport. Manny sales. Not Arum, not Koncz not Ariza. No one pays to see those guys, they pay to see Manny. if he can't capitalize on his own name, then what the hell? If he is so quick to delegate his career to others than he is in the wrong sport. He is getting fucked majorly. he can't fight the people he wants because Daddy Bob tells him who he is fighting.

Mayweather has said some off the wall shit, but he has matured and I like that. Manny, is still the fuckin mute that can not take his career by the horns. That makes me mad. He is the one taking the hits so he should be THE SHOT CALLER.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 9 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 9 2013, 12:30 PM) *
Chi, boxers are different than NFL, NBA and any other sport. Manny sales. Not Arum, not Koncz not Ariza. No one pays to see those guys, they pay to see Manny. if he can't capitalize on his own name, then what the hell? If he is so quick to delegate his career to others than he is in the wrong sport. He is getting fucked majorly. he can't fight the people he wants because Daddy Bob tells him who he is fighting.

Mayweather has said some off the wall shit, but he has matured and I like that. Manny, is still the fuckin mute that can not take his career by the horns. That makes me mad. He is the one taking the hits so he should be THE SHOT CALLER.

All sports are different that's the point but that doesn't change any fact of what I said, he's no different then a ball player who does the same thing. I bet you don't come down on a football player who is laid back and reserve and just goes out and does his job. That's who Pacquiao is, he's quiet, and laid back but he goes out there and puts on a show.

Why does it make you mad? It ain't got nothing to do with you lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 9 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Aug 9 2013, 10:47 AM) *
All sports are different that's the point but that doesn't change any fact of what I said, he's no different then a ball player who does the same thing. I bet you don't come down on a football player who is laid back and reserve and just goes out and does his job. That's who Pacquiao is, he's quiet, and laid back but he goes out there and puts on a show.

Why does it make you mad? It ain't got nothing to do with you lol

Because he is being taken advantage of. Big time. he is the one who gets punched in the face, not that fat ass greedy bastard of a promoter or Koncz. it sickens me when I see athletes and boxers especially being taken advantage of. manny is being cleaned out and he has to know this. How can the second highest paid athlete ask for advancements and is only getting paid 10 millions and he has to fork over 27% to a greedy promoter. its bullshit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 9 2013, 04:55 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 9 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Because he is being taken advantage of. Big time. he is the one who gets punched in the face, not that fat ass greedy bastard of a promoter or Koncz. it sickens me when I see athletes and boxers especially being taken advantage of. manny is being cleaned out and he has to know this. How can the second highest paid athlete ask for advancements and is only getting paid 10 millions and he has to fork over 27% to a greedy promoter. its bullshit.

It is but that's the choice he made. Ain't nothing we can do about it, trust me he will regret some of the decisions he's made after his career comes to a close

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 9 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #40

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alex is the man! Screw Roach and his jealous stepfather syndrome. That dude's liable to let anything fly outta that mouth of his, but hell, it's mostly for promotion.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 11:49 AM