IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> gabe rosado..., offered 50k to fight quillen???
daprofessor
post Aug 6 2013, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

wtf!? that ain't right. he's worth more than that. do u think they're trying to sell him short?

i like gabe...and i think he came up the hard way...but i cannot help but think he kind of put himself in this situation. i don't know that he and his people thought the whole thing through. he was k-9's mandatory. he would have destroyed him. with that strap he makes himself a player in the 154 division....and with that strap comes a significant increase in salary. he just had to be patient. he proved some stuff in the golovkin fight....and the love fight was a good one...but i get the feeling he's going to be on the short end of things for a while. he's got to work himself back up to a mandatory spot and get a strap. he's from philly. bhop should have explained to him how that works. they can't ignore you when you're holding a significant piece of the puzzle.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cshel86
post Aug 6 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Gabe knows better...he aint takin' no 50k. It sucks how lesser known fighters can be offered absolutely nothing, not that he's all that lesser known. As a promoter, I would feel bad for even coming to a fighter or even a rival fighter's team, with those peanuts.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2013, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 6 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Gabe knows better...he aint takin' no 50k. It sucks how lesser known fighters can be offered absolutely nothing, not that he's all that lesser known. As a promoter, I would feel bad for even coming to a fighter or even a rival fighter's team, with those peanuts.

he's not exactly a draw... now if he had taken that very winnable fight on nbc....then waited for his shot at k-9 (he was the mandatory) instead of rolling the dice against golovkin...he'd be in a much better position right about now. hindsight is 20/20. he's 0-1-1 in his last two fights and his record isn't exactly top notch to begin with....he's going to get offered short money because he's dangerous.

the quillen fight is winnable. his chances are slim...but better than they were against golovkin. if he was to take the short money and was super confident that he would win....he's not going to be in a great place. there's a lot of tough match ups for him at 160. he can get the title...but keeping it is going to prove difficult. he should stay at 154...try to get back in line for ishe's strap. i think that's about to change hands very soon. he should challenge molina after molina takes it. in the meantime....get a stay busy fight. did he sever ties with the other promoter? is nbc still an option?

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:19 PM