IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Matthysse cancelling press tour, Smart or dumb move?
Col Reb
post Aug 8 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #21

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

I think it was really stupid of Matthysse to pull this stunt. Golden Boy can just deny him a Floyd fight even if he wins (or lower his share of that purse) with justification because they can say they won't think he can hold up the B side of that big of a promotion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Aug 9 2013, 09:05 AM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2013, 11:02 AM) *
For all the people saying that this fight has been sold and already promoted...bullcrap. Didn't Canelo have his own separate press tours for those Mayweather cards that he fought on? Wonder why? Duh...there's a completely different market out here for him...like those Mexican cable companies and so on.

Of course Floyd and Canelo have been to 10 of 11 cities to promote this card, but they haven't been to PR...that's exactly where Garcia and Matthysse were supposed to be. I'm sure there's a market in PR for Danny, or at least this would've been a step in the right direction, especially for those over who may have somewhat been on the fence about ordering this fight.

So NO, this fight has NOT reached it's full potential for promotion, especially if PR was thrown in there as part of the tour. Some of yall are so excited at the fact that Mayweather/Canelo is happening, that you're forgetting that there are other fights on the card. Oh yeah, that's right, only REAL boxing fans watch the whole card anyway...what was I thinking?

Guys are making excuses for Matthysse, which I find a bit on the disgusting side. Think about it, how to do fighters get HUGE paydays? Oh that's right, the world has to know/care about who they are. If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Matthysse's stans been crying about him getting this big fight?

Had it not been for the public's outrage, no one would even care about this fight happening in the first place. I just look at it as a slap in the face from Lucas. I mean shit, if he only cared about "training" and "fighting", then yes, his ass needs to be fighting some bum on ShoExtreme, so people can either miss or overlook his fight, and wait for the main card to air.

I like Matthysse, don't get me wrong, but dude is in serious foul trouble with me. First he got sick and pulled out of the Morales fight, which was again, on another big PPV card (Star Power), he whines and complains about not getting big fights and title shots, and NOW, on the BIGGEST card of the year, he opts out of the press tour?! Shouldn't he have been training way before the fight even got signed? It's not like they haven't been discussing the fight for the past couple of months. I just don't understand these quiet guys who cry about not getting big paydays or title shots (read: big paydays).

^ALL OF THIS! Be prepared to cut and paste this in a few months.... Folks memory are gonna be mighTY short if Lucas gets shafted.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Aug 10 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #23

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

The fuck going on

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 10 2013, 06:28 PM
Post #24

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Matthysse would be stupid to stop training to do a press tour with a month out from the fight. This fight is already sold out and the PPV will be insane. Danny should be focusing on training and not worry about a press tour. Plus Matthysse would have to travel from Argentina, to PR, PA, and CA. Those are some miles, plus none of those cities are pro Argentine. Good choice on Matthysse's part, can't hate. Plus he doesn't have to hear Angel's mouth (good for him but sucks for us). They can talk shit and do all that shit during the final presser and weigh ins.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 12 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 10 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Matthysse would be stupid to stop training to do a press tour with a month out from the fight. This fight is already sold out and the PPV will be insane. Danny should be focusing on training and not worry about a press tour. Plus Matthysse would have to travel from Argentina, to PR, PA, and CA. Those are some miles, plus none of those cities are pro Argentine. Good choice on Matthysse's part, can't hate. Plus he doesn't have to hear Angel's mouth (good for him but sucks for us). They can talk shit and do all that shit during the final presser and weigh ins.

i'm looking forward to another brilliant performance from angel at the presser. he just has a way of getting under ppls skin. it's a true talent! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:29 AM