IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wake Up USADA!, Mofos are sleeping at the wheel, it seems...
Cshel86
post Aug 7 2013, 09:26 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Alright, alright, alright...I know this could go in the Garcia/Matthysse threads, blah blah blah...whatever man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's just get straight to the point here...how far out is Matthysse/Garcia??? Oh oh yeah, that's right, it's about a good 5 weeks away, and guess what's missing? No idiots, not the press tour...but the TESTING. Hmmm...

TESTING? We're talking about testing here. TESTING?! This is supposed to be the franchise co-feature of the card, and we're sitting here talkin' about TESTING? I mean listen, we're talking about TESTING man. Not a fight. Not the sport that guys go out there and die for, and fight like it's their last, but we're talking about TESTING.

How silly is that? Now I know that they're supposed to lead by example and all that, but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about TESTING. We're talking about TESTING man.

How in the hell can they make the sport better by TESTING?

Seriously though...when are these dudes gonna start testing??? As rumored, does anybody think Matthysse skipped the press tour to avoid testing? I mean, Peterson was caught waaay before the first tour, but the new happened to surface at that particular time, so let's go ahead and rule that out. Again, when are they gonna start testing? If it doesn't happen in time, would you blame Garcia for pulling out of the fight?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 7 2013, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2013, 10:26 AM) *
Alright, alright, alright...I know this could go in the Garcia/Matthysse threads, blah blah blah...whatever man! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Let's just get straight to the point here...how far out is Matthysse/Garcia??? Oh oh yeah, that's right, it's about a good 5 weeks away, and guess what's missing? No idiots, not the press tour...but the TESTING. Hmmm...

TESTING? We're talking about testing here. TESTING?! This is supposed to be the franchise co-feature of the card, and we're sitting here talkin' about TESTING? I mean listen, we're talking about TESTING man. Not a fight. Not the sport that guys go out there and die for, and fight like it's their last, but we're talking about TESTING.

How silly is that? Now I know that they're supposed to lead by example and all that, but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about TESTING. We're talking about TESTING man.

Seriously though...when are these dudes gonna start testing??? As rumored, does anybody think Matthysse skipped the press tour to avoid testing? I mean, Peterson was caught waaay before the first tour, but the new happened to surface at that particular time, so let's go ahead and rule that out. Again, when are they gonna start testing? If it doesn't happen in time, would you blame Garcia for pulling out of the fight?

Wouldn't surprise me if he, Lucas, was taking something nor would it shock me if Danny added a lil' "enhancer" to his workouts. In Danny's case, I'd be willing to let his PED use slide, if he agreed NEVER to pick up the mic again. Hell, he can inject himself life feed via Ustream and I'll say, "I didn't see nuthin'"....just don't pick up that mic again.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 7 2013, 12:46 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 7 2013, 06:26 AM) *

Okay Allen Iverson! Well, neither party is complaining so what the hell? I mean they should be testing, they really should but if their camps are not pushing it then what can any say or do about that?

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Aug 7 2013, 07:18 AM) *
Wouldn't surprise me if he, Lucas, was taking something nor would it shock me if Danny added a lil' "enhancer" to his workouts. In Danny's case, I'd be willing to let his PED use slide, if he agreed NEVER to pick up the mic again. Hell, he can inject himself life feed via Ustream and I'll say, "I didn't see nuthin'"....just don't pick up that mic again.

Big Pun is still turning in his grave.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 7 2013, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Man, might as well tell all of these testing agencies to wakeup. USADA, VADA, the weak ass state commissions. I still don't like the guy but the article I just read by that goof Iole was spot on in regards to testing and the punishment in combat sports for coming up dirty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--how-m...-065504785.html

People shit on Atlas but EMM has echoed the same sentiments, there needs to be something or someone to over see all this, I love Sugar Shane but his ass should have been punished for his involvement with Balco, Boxing and MMA have no real way of punishing these athletes when they test dirty for these PEDs. So if you have no punishment involved, why the hell would you care about testing dirty.

And look at what Arum has just did...

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-bradley-ma...resolved--68407

Really? The NSAC?? Bradley just got it with no Vaseline if you ask me, shit's disgusting

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2013, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i seriously doubt they go through all the time and trouble of negotiating what is essentially the biggest fight of both guys careers and not discuss the finer details of testing. i'm jussayin.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 7 2013, 12:56 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

ok....so the times we know of where guys tested positive...

quillen/wright
tarver/kayode
vargas/dlh
jones/no name dude
toney/ruiz
mosley/dlh

i can't say that any of those guys looked any more spectacular. in fact...some of them looked less than impressive. i'm not convinced p.e.d's do shit but give someone a psychological edge. might as well give these guys placebos(sugar pills.)

i know floyd is the guy that brought all this to the forefront....i said it before...i'll say it again....pac's "dominance" was a combination of things. i can't say for certain he wasn't using....but i can say that i believe the majority of his opponents at 140 and above have dealt with...

1) recent war/beatdown

2) trainer issues

3) weight drain/possible contractual weight stipulations

4) disadvantage of team pac watching training video footage courtesy of hbo

in the situations where he didn't have these advantages (jmm, bradley) he looked less impressive.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Aug 7 2013, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 8 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Looks like they JUST tested Danny yesterday, during his open workout in Philly. Crazy thing is, they may not have even tested him, it may have just been the orientation piece that they covered. I hate to be the guy who points the finger and assumes that somebody's "using", but let's be real here, Lucas was about one more loss away from being an opponent in his upcoming fights.

I'm not saying that dude is using anything, but he's been looking too damn good in fights and he's been quiet as hell...you know how it goes in boxing. As Professor mentioned, not everybody looks good on PEDs...we've seen this in recent years.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 7 2013, 12:56 PM) *
ok....so the times we know of where guys tested positive...

quillen/wright
tarver/kayode
vargas/dlh
jones/no name dude
toney/ruiz
mosley/dlh

i can't say that any of those guys looked any more spectacular. in fact...some of them looked less than impressive. i'm not convinced p.e.d's do shit but give someone a psychological edge. might as well give these guys placebos(sugar pills.)

i know floyd is the guy that brought all this to the forefront....i said it before...i'll say it again....pac's "dominance" was a combination of things. i can't say for certain he wasn't using....but i can say that i believe the majority of his opponents at 140 and above have dealt with...

1) recent war/beatdown

2) trainer issues

3) weight drain/possible contractual weight stipulations

4) disadvantage of team pac watching training video footage courtesy of hbo

in the situations where he didn't have these advantages (jmm, bradley) he looked less impressive.

Mosley and dlh went at it! I was impressed with both

And pac didn't look so great against shane either.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 8 2013, 06:50 PM) *
Looks like they JUST tested Danny yesterday, during his open workout in Philly. Crazy thing is, they may not have even tested him, it may have just been the orientation piece that they covered. I hate to be the guy who points the finger and assumes that somebody's "using", but let's be real here, Lucas was about one more loss away from being an opponent in his upcoming fights.

I'm not saying that dude is using anything, but he's been looking too damn good in fights and he's been quiet as hell...you know how it goes in boxing. As Professor mentioned, not everybody looks good on PEDs...we've seen this in recent years.

let's look at this...

lamont peterson- tailor made for matthysse imo. his blocking style of defense and tendency to stay in the pocket too long was the reason i picked matthysse by ko.

mike dallas jr- 2-2 (1 by ko) in his last four fights before matthysse. was dealing with the loss of his father months before the fight. very flawed fighter who was being rebuilt by virgil hunter.

olusegun ajose- very inactive by the time he fought matthysse. 4 fights in 3 yrs including a year break right before the matthysse fight. was very game...and gave matthysse a fight until he was stopped. not very good defensively.

humberto soto- not really a 140lb fighter and has always had very poor defense. i predicted a ko loss in this one.

those all look very good. he did what he was supposed against that opposition. none of those guys can box. none of those guys are the punchers that danny is. i think they're very evenly matched and ppl are giving matthysse the edge because he's ko'ing younger fighters...but i don't know that he's beating the better opposition. zab beat matthysse. it was close...but zab beat him. outside of 3-4 rounds...danny dominated zab. erik morales is a legend and i don't know that matthysse would have had an easy time with the em that danny beat the first time. that was the same em that many thought beat maidana. matthysse is very beatable. danny has the skill set and understanding to do it. p.e.d usage or not...i don't believe he's been ko'ing these guys by accident. he's good. very precise and always coming forward forcing the issue. danny has the skillset to take things away and force him backwards....or he can sit back and box this dude. it's going to be fun to watch.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Mosley and dlh went at it! I was impressed with both

And pac didn't look so great against shane either.

i meant to put a 2 at the end of mosley/dlh. in that second fight they both seemed to have less. mosley was landing some great body shots...but a lot of ppl thought he loss that fight.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 10:11 AM