IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angel Garcia Just strained US/China Relations!
Dolimite
post Aug 7 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/angel-garcia-ri...al-video--68419

I usually do not condone ignorance and intolerance but shit, this was funny! Any thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Aug 7 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Nothing Angel said is inaccurate in this article.

...and this is coming from someone who has always had issues with the Garcia camp.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 8 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Seems to me like he's jealous. Clearly he doesn't know shit about the actual situation but hey ho that's Angel Garcia for you. I didn't really see it as racist.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 8 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 8 2013, 02:06 AM) *
Seems to me like he's jealous. Clearly he doesn't know shit about the actual situation but hey ho that's Angel Garcia for you. I didn't really see it as racist.

Does sound like he's jealous but he makes a good point. If this kid is making this much just cause of his amateur career why isn't rigo doing the same when he is clearly a better fighter.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 8 2013, 01:25 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 8 2013, 07:07 PM) *
Does sound like he's jealous but he makes a good point. If this kid is making this much just cause of his amateur career why isn't rigo doing the same when he is clearly a better fighter.

it's pretty obvious, the casual fans fall asleep watching Rigo. This guys being pushed because hes the way into the Chinese market. He probably earned that payday as well with the amount of money he made Top Rank and HBO.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

angel always tells the troof!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

as for his issue with shiming....a lot of what he says is true...but i think he should learn a little bit about marketing and he'll understand why shiming is making the money he is making. i can't knock the dude for making/taking the money. i think anyone in his situation would milk it for all it's worth.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Aug 8 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

He spoke the truth about Zou, he may rub some the wrong way but most of the time he's being honest in his assessment

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 8 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Zou can make the money now because he's such a big name in China. But that's all going to change once people realize he cant fight. I have literally seen nothing from him to make me think he's a future champion.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Aug 8 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Isn't this what makes boxing, boxing? The fans create the fighter. He can't be mad that a Chinese person will support another Chinese person. Its like Puerto Ricans supporting PRs or Mexicans supporting Mexicans etc. Angel is tripping. Don't hate the fighter, hate the fans. Supply and demand. Why is Saul Canelo so popular? Same as Zou Shimming. Their people support them.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 8 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Aug 8 2013, 04:16 PM) *
Isn't this what makes boxing, boxing? The fans create the fighter. He can't be mad that a Chinese person will support another Chinese person. Its like Puerto Ricans supporting PRs or Mexicans supporting Mexicans etc. Angel is tripping. Don't hate the fighter, hate the fans. Supply and demand. Why is Saul Canelo so popular? Same as Zou Shimming. Their people support them.

there's something else at work with canelo....with mexico's rich history in boxing....and stars like jmm, morales and barerra...they have some serious love for this dude who hasn't accomplished shit.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 05:10 AM